What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Stanford Game Thread

WHAt an awesome day. Homecoming is always a blast.

Good performance by the defense but I wouldn’t expect that to continue. That was a favorable matchup against a scheme that isn’t exactly big play heavy which has been our Achilles heel.
That 86 yard pass made me practically pull my hair out

Haven’t read through all of the thread here, did anyone else see mcchesney chasing the guy yelling at coach tucker down the sideline? I never heard what was said but it looked Matt was going to destroy him.

Haven’t read through all of the thread here, did anyone else see mcchesney chasing the guy yelling at coach tucker down the sideline? I never heard what was said but it looked Matt was going to destroy him.
What? What guy?

What? What guy?
I don’t recall when it was during the game, but there was a guy in a yellow buffs sweatshirt walking down the aisle between the bottom of the seats and the field, following the coach and yelling at him. We were watching this from 118. Matt Was on the sideline and heard him and was chasing him down yelling back at him. I thought at one point he might jump over the rail to get him.

Anyone else notice the flag in the bottom left? Is it new branding or something?

1573405677142.png

Last edited:
I don’t recall when it was during the game, but there was a guy in a yellow buffs sweatshirt walking down the aisle between the bottom of the seats and the field, following the coach and yelling at him. We were watching this from 118. Matt Was on the sideline and heard him and was chasing him down yelling back at him. I thought at one point he might jump over the rail to get him.
Denverbuff almost got his ass beat by Matt

Watching the replay. At the end of the first half, how the hell did Pryts not get a 15 yard penalty for kicking our guy who was on the ground? And how did Stanford not get an offensive PI in the end zone against Onu? I’m so sick of the Pac 12 officiating.

I hardly ever bitch about officiating, but was bitching about the overall PAC-12 (more like WAC-12) officiating last week. This is an article from yesterday:

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/...ficant-number-mistakes-but-are-improving.html

Haters--this is a short post from me!!

NIXON MAKES THE GRAB, HE SHEDS A DEFENDER, HE WIGGLES AND SPINS HIS WAY FORWARD, WHAT AN INCREDIBLE INDIVIDUAL EFFORT ON THAT PLAY, HE SIMPLY WOULD NOT BE STOPPED!!!!!! IT'S A ONE YARD GAIN, THAT SETS UP SECOND-AND-NINE FOR THE BUFFALOES"

It drives me insane. You'd think we had just won the rose bowl on plays where we lose yards.

He sort of drives me nuts sometimes, but GB is so good in the booth it offsets things a bit.

I didn’t get to watch most of the game. I did see the INT by Montez and it was 100% Stanley’s fault and there’s no question. He physically stopped running the route.

What happened on the KD one that should have been a TD bear the end, though? I was listening on the radio and MJ/Barnett said he was wide open and pulled his arms back like he was surprised it was coming to him. Can anyone elaborate on what happened? KD has been a little disappointing in recent games.

As a side note: Mark Johnson is the most frustrating PBP guy, especially in close games. He is the king of painting the most irrelevant picture of what happened on the play. Goes through 10 seconds of worthless garble during/after each play before he actually tells you how many yards were picked up or if it was a 1st down, etc. His ridiculous voice inflection and excitement are very misleading as well.

I really enjoy listening to Mark and Gary

NIXON MAKES THE GRAB, HE SHEDS A DEFENDER, HE WIGGLES AND SPINS HIS WAY FORWARD, WHAT AN INCREDIBLE INDIVIDUAL EFFORT ON THAT PLAY, HE SIMPLY WOULD NOT BE STOPPED!!!!!! IT'S A ONE YARD GAIN, THAT SETS UP SECOND-AND-NINE FOR THE BUFFALOES"

It drives me insane. You'd think we had just won the rose bowl on plays where we lose yards.
On that game winning kick, would anyone have been surprised to hear "AND EVAN PRICE WITH A THREE POINTER RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES FROM DOWNTOWN!!!"

I didn’t get to watch most of the game. I did see the INT by Montez and it was 100% Stanley’s fault and there’s no question. He physically stopped running the route.

What happened on the KD one that should have been a TD bear the end, though? I was listening on the radio and MJ/Barnett said he was wide open and pulled his arms back like he was surprised it was coming to him. Can anyone elaborate on what happened? KD has been a little disappointing in recent games.

As a side note: Mark Johnson is the most frustrating PBP guy, especially in close games. He is the king of painting the most irrelevant picture of what happened on the play. Goes through 10 seconds of worthless garble during/after each play before he actually tells you how many yards were picked up or if it was a 1st down, etc. His ridiculous voice inflection and excitement are very misleading as well.
Maybe. But Mark Johnson is a really good guy and he loves the Buffs.

Back