What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. UCLA Game Thread

Are you a Bully or do you just play one on TV? Nothing was made up, it was your quote! Too bad if you do not like the comment or opinion posted, it is an open forum and unless you are Jesus.... My point stands - Running your QB 23 times is excessive, particularly when injured and definitely when it is for 2 yards per rush. Spin all you like, Sefo's performance was terrible and so were the calls for him to rush the ball as Lindgren did.
When it comes to Allbuffing, consider Duff the Messiah. Trust me. I've learned these things over time.

Just re-watched the game. The biggest problem with our offense was McKinley, followed by the closing speed of Kenny Young. Both are very quick for their position.

Fields stepped out of bounds twice while plays were alive. Cannot do that.
Would like to see Huntley and Ento once in a while. Perhaps Julmisse in some on offense? Winfree would have been a nice piece to this corp.
Sefo was erratic, but he was also a man.
QB running is key to our offense. Without it, we are dead. The ability to keep it and run it up the middle on the zone read makes the whole running game work.
Also keeps a safety from sitting over the top when Sefo is likely to dash at any time. It is what makes everything else work.

A running QB is part of this offense to stay. All of our QBs can run it and they will have to.

You have to run the QB in this offense to keep the defense honest. The play action is worthless without the threat to run. It's something we will just have to learn to accept.

I didn't realize this until you posted it: THIS IS THE FIRST WINNING SEASON FOR THE BUFFS IN PAC-12 PLAY!

Went unmarked for me even though it's a big damn deal because it's such a small thing compared with the other goals that are still on the table. Allsome. :cool:

Not only the first since joining the Pac but I think the first winning season since 2005. Think about that. Big ****ing win. The team is going to be one of those that gets mentioned many years from now as special and, depending on where this goes, maybe one of the most important in CU football history.

Not only the first since joining the Pac but I think the first winning season since 2005. Think about that. Big ****ing win. The team is going to be one of those that gets mentioned many years from now as special and, depending on where this goes, maybe one of the most important in CU football history.
Not so fast my friend. They only guaranteed that there wouldn't be a losing season, assuming CU makes it to the CCG. One more win to assure a winning record.

Not so fast my friend. They only guaranteed that there wouldn't be a losing season, assuming CU makes it to the CCG. One more win to assure a winning record.
If they make the CCG, they will have at least 2 if not 3 more wins but get your point. They have a winning season as far as regular season goes and this is a big freaking deal

You have to run the QB in this offense to keep the defense honest. The play action is worthless without the threat to run. It's something we will just have to learn to accept.

Or, we could prioritize the recruitment of high level RBs. Check out #33 D'Onta Foreman for Texas, playing right now. Sweet Jesus. Need that.

Earlier in the season Sefo was working much deeper into his progressions on his reads, this game he didn't.

It wasn't because he regressed, it was instead because as others here have pointed out UCLA had a couple guys who seemed to be in our backfield before we had time to react to them. Had Sefo waited to go through his reads and wait for deeper patterns to come open he would have been hit a lot more and likely would have had more turnovers.

The game was Ugly but the way they did it we got the win, I'm good with that.

Back