What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CFB Playoff discussion thread

LSU
Clemson
tOSU
OU or Wiscy ( I say Wiscy)

no way they put a 2 loss team in ahead of conf champ ou, or 1 loss uga, utah, osu, or bailer.

4th spot has to be uga, utah, or osu, or bailer, right? so who is the best of the one loss teams?

no way they put a 2 loss team in ahead of conf champ ou, or 1 loss uga, utah, osu, or bailer.

4th spot has to be uga, utah, or osu, or bailer, right? so who is the best of the one loss teams?
UGA, Baylor, Utah have 2 losses. I have tOSU in.

LSU
Clemson
tOSU
OU or Wiscy ( I say Wiscy)

Agreed on Wiscy but the committee doesn't have the balls to put in a 2-loss team over a 1-loss team. They didn't do it a few years ago when Penn State was clearly more deserving than Washington and then last year when Georgia was clearly a better team than OU.

I'm going to say it right here and now in case Wisconsin wins - if the committee puts in a non-conference champ who lost their last game over two 11 win conference champs, then just get rid of conferences and make everyone an independent, because obviously conferences don't matter.

i hate all of them, except i sorta like lsu because ed is a mad man. and, usc shat on ed because they thought he wasn't hc material. hah.

Assuming Wisconsin finishes out this choke job to OSU, the playoff seedings should clearly be:

1. LSU
2/3. OSU/Clemson
4. OU

And the committee can take tonight and tomorrow morning off.

Then disband them.

That way your beloved SEC teams could play teams like Coastal Carolina and Arkansas State for 12 games a year and then you can say they all deserve to be in the playoff because they're undefeated.
Yes. They should be disbanded.

I at least don't think conference championship games should be used as a negative against you like when Mizzou won against KU and missed out on a BCS bid because they got waxed by the Sooners or CU in 2016. If you use them like Ohio State did when they hammered Wisconsin and made a statement, that's fair, they earned their spot there, but it feels wrong to reward teams for achieving less than others (eg a division title).

i hate lsu less than the others so geaux tigres.

clemson beat no one of any worth. ohio state is so hate-worthy for so many reasons that i will refrain from listing them here. and the okies are blood enemies.

so there you have it.

to this day, i have a hard time understanding why saban didn't end up staying at lsu. christ, man, look at that base of talent. les and ed have been consistently characterized as 2nd tier coaches or worse and they won big there. if you buy that narrative (which i do not), then you'd have to think coupling the greatest college coach of this generation and maybe ever with lsu would be unstoppable. i guess credit to bama for opening the vault.

**** the sec.

**** the b12.

**** the b10.

and **** clemson and the assortment of dwarves.

i hate lsu less than the others so geaux tigres.

clemson beat no one of any worth. ohio state is so hate-worthy for so many reasons that i will refrain from listing them here. and the okies are blood enemies.

so there you have it.

to this day, i have a hard time understanding why saban didn't end up staying at lsu. christ, man, look at that base of talent. les and ed have been consistently characterized as 2nd tier coaches or worse and they won big there. if you buy that narrative (which i do not), then you'd have to think coupling the greatest college coach of this generation and maybe ever with lsu would be unstoppable. i guess credit to bama for opening the vault.

**** the sec.

**** the b12.

**** the b10.

and **** clemson and the assortment of dwarves.

because he was lured by the nfl

I was before Burrow went full beast mode and Clemson decided they were ready to win another natty.

I was never counting Clemson out of it regardless of everyone saying they didn’t deserve to go to the playoff if they lose a game. Bull**** schedule but they’ve shown now for what 5-6 years that they’re a force to be reckoned with. These playoffs should be fun.

What will Venables dial up against tOSU?

How will Clemson OL handle Chase Young and can Trevor settle against those tOSU DBs?

8 team playoff

5 P5 Conference Champions
1 Highest Ranked G5 Conference Champion
2 Highest Ranked At-Large

1. LSU (SEC)
2. Ohio State (Big10)
3. Clemson (ACC)
4. Oklahoma (Big12)
5. Georgia (SEC)
6. Oregon (Pac12)
7. Baylor (Big12)
8. Memphis (AAC)

QuarterFinals - On-Campus @ Highest Ranked Team - Sat Dec 21

1. LSU vs. 8. Memphis
2. Ohio State vs. 7. Baylor
3. Clemson vs. 6. Oregon
4. Oklahoma vs. 5. Georgia

SemiFinals - Peach/Fiesta Bowl - Sat Dec 28

1/8 vs 4/5
2/7 vs 3/6

Final - Jan 13

8 team playoff

1. LSU (SEC)
2. Ohio State (Big10)
3. Clemson (ACC)
4. Oklahoma (Big12)
5. Georgia (SEC)
6. Oregon (Pac12)
7. Baylor (Big12)
8. Memphis (AAC)

1. LSU vs. 8. Memphis
3. Clemson vs. 6. Oregon

1/8 vs 4/5
2/7 vs 3/6

Final - Jan 13

It’ll happen sooner or later. I’m for it. Playoff games on campus would be fun.

8 team playoff

1. LSU (SEC)
2. Ohio State (Big10)
3. Clemson (ACC)
4. Oklahoma (Big12)
5. Georgia (SEC)
6. Oregon (Pac12)
7. Baylor (Big12)
8. Memphis (AAC)

1. LSU vs. 8. Memphis
3. Clemson vs. 6. Oregon

1/8 vs 4/5
2/7 vs 3/6

Final - Jan 13
If so, do away with auto qualifiers, invite 8 best teams, do away with CCGs, balance schedules, mandate 9 conference games and 10 P5 opponents, give weight to those that play 11 or 12, especially H/H over neutral site games.

But here’s the deal, 5-8 above have zero point zero percent chance running the board for three games. None. Nada. Zip. Goose egg. Never.

Getting this past bowls and SEC will be a monumental challenge. And honestly, I think the NY6 bowls are better than the quarters outlined above.

Just my $0.02.

If so, do away with auto qualifiers, invite 8 best teams, do away with CCGs, balance schedules, mandate 9 conference games and 10 P5 opponents, give weight to those that play 11 or 12, especially H/H over neutral site games.

But here’s the deal, 5-8 above have zero point zero percent chance running the board for three games. None. Nada. Zip. Goose egg. Never.

Getting this past bowls and SEC will be a monumental challenge. And honestly, I think the NY6 bowls are better than the quarters outlined above.

Just my $0.02.

Look, we need to invite the G5. I don’t want another situation where the best team in the country (UCF) doesn’t get the chance to demolish Alabama like everyone knew they would. It’s embarrassing that Alabama even accepted that championship and counted it in their total. The national champion should never have to buy their own rings and throw their own parade.

Look, we need to invite the G5. I don’t want another situation where the best team in the country (UCF) doesn’t get the chance to demolish Alabama like everyone knew they would. It’s embarrassing that Alabama even accepted that championship and counted it in their total. The national champion should never have to buy their own rings and throw their own parade.
Hey, they held a parade.

Read an article today that an 8 team playoff could net P5 conferences an extra 75 million. If that is true, they will vote for that in a millisecond

Again, another year where things turned out just fine-I can't argue against the four who are in the CFP after the results from this past weekend. I'm not supporting expansion until we get a year where the committee screws somebody over.

8 team playoff

1. LSU (SEC)
2. Ohio State (Big10)
3. Clemson (ACC)
4. Oklahoma (Big12)
5. Georgia (SEC)
6. Oregon (Pac12)
7. Baylor (Big12)
8. Memphis (AAC)

1. LSU vs. 8. Memphis
3. Clemson vs. 6. Oregon

1/8 vs 4/5
2/7 vs 3/6

Final - Jan 13

You just invented a way to get ****bailer into the playoff.

Take a lap.

Back