What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

This has got to be the strangest coaching search I can remember. Absolutely no leaks. Usually we have something to go off of by now. It tells me it's something big. Just my 2 cents.

What if RG calls Lance Carl into his office and asks how the coaching search is going and Carl says I thought you were doing the coaching search. Then they both laugh and go to Outback Steakhouse to split a bloomin onion. That would be such an RG thing to do.

What if RG calls Lance Carl into his office and asks how the coaching search is going and Carl says I thought you were doing the coaching search. Then they both laugh and go to Outback Steakhouse to split a bloomin onion. That would be such an RG thing to do.
They would never go to Outback when they can eat for free at Pasta Js

So... Given the right hire, and there are several that could be right IMO, I'm totally flying out for AFA and NU at Folsom on consecutive weekends next September.

Hire Derek Mason and I probably stay home.

So... Given the right hire, and there are several that could be right IMO, I'm totally flying out for AFA and NU at Folsom on consecutive weekends next September.

Hire Derek Mason and I probably stay home.

Methinks CU should try to get into the ACC or B1G so you and I can go to more road games.

Everyone needs to relax. The longer the search drags on the better the odds are we get Lake, Day, or Lupoi. Now if we get word of a presser before Friday then be afraid. Be very afraid.

Everyone needs to relax. The longer the search drags on the better the odds are we get Lake, Day, or Lupoi. Now if we get word of a presser before Friday then be afraid. Be very afraid.
If we get a presser before Friday, I'm gonna assume it's Fisch, Holgorsen, Long or Aranda.

And then I will flip my **** if it's someone like Leavitt or Mason.

If we get a presser before Friday, I'm gonna assume it's Fisch, Holgorsen, Long or Aranda.

And then I will flip my **** if it's someone like Leavitt or Mason.
Just think...You may be the first bitch on allbuffs to gnash her teeth and scream like a banshi.

The longer this process takes...
  1. The good: it’s a top coordinator from our select top teams. We’re merely waiting for the games to play out so the candidate can make a graceful exit and make a press conference with ADRG.
  2. The bad: ADRG is pinging, gauging interest, and putting offers together to the top coordinators from our select teams. He’s just not getting any bites and is nervously looking at that Rolodex on his desk for options. Boise State seems like a good option.
  3. The ugly: failing all the above, we hire a dark horse G5 head coach from a middling conference east of the Mississippi.

You're implying that he said he wants someone who has either A) coached here or B) played here and he has said neither of this things. He said he wants someone who can consistently win and know's how to lead/run a disciplined program.
What he said was most of all he wants someone that's going to come in and see the same passion about CU that Rick George has. Yes, that leads me to believe he's going to go with someone thats either played or been involved with the program.

Let's bring back Gary Barnett and call it a night.

What he said was most of all he wants someone that's going to come in and see the same passion about CU that Rick George has. Yes, that leads me to believe he's going to go with someone thats either played or been involved with the program.

With Mark Johnson as Special Teams coach and Larry Zimmer as ILB Coach!

I think people are being too narrow minded. Someone throw out the best option available regardless of CU's current status? As in, if CU had the same profile as Alabama or Ohio State. NFL Coach? Is Ryan Day the best coach available in the sport? How about Kevin O'Shea? Word on the street is that he's trying to get back into the game.
1-kevin-oshea.jpg

Sorry, don't think I can get behind an Vince Okruch hire.

I think people are being too narrow minded. Someone throw out the best option available regardless of CU's current status? As in, if CU had the same profile as Alabama or Ohio State. NFL Coach? Is Ryan Day the best coach available in the sport? How about Kevin O'Shea? Word on the street is that he's trying to get back into the game.
1-kevin-oshea.jpg
I'd like to have a beer with that actor.

vince no-clue and the fabled 2 man front. i'm having flashbacks and twitching.
I having recollections of a bowl game and CU giving up multiple 4 and 10+ yds to go. It’s very fuzzy and I’m hoping I don’t remember any more.

Back