What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

I wasn't familiar with him. I am seeing that his scoop is generally legit. Just not liking two of those names, at all for HC, and would prefer Day or Lake over Tucker.

Ryan Day fits this program the best of anybody we're talking about in my opinion-I think he can adjust what he does offensively to deal with the OL issues we've got right now while upgrading the talent there.

Also said he is "Young"!

Young guy? I didn't know Dave Logan had a grandson.

tumblr_n8d1rcdene1qa8z2jo2_1280.png

Ryan Day fits this program the best of anybody we're talking about in my opinion-I think he can adjust what he does offensively to deal with the OL issues we've got right now while upgrading the talent there.

Long is available to be hired right now. Day seems to be the guy in that case.

Hands-Fingers-Crossed.jpg

Keep talking myself into preferring Day or Lake depending on the moment.

At the end of the day I'd be super happy with both. 4-5 years ago we would have been talking ourselves into wells or Littrell.

I do think I like Day better. Just seems a little more ready Day 1

Day is an East Coast guy. I know he is a stud, but it will take time to establish the west coast connections, so he has to nail some solid assistants, otherwise Jimmy Lake is the far better guy for the Buffs

Day has Chip Kelly ties-worked for him with the Eagles. Helps a lot with putting a staff together.

Last edited:
Keep talking myself into preferring Day or Lake depending on the moment.

At the end of the day I'd be super happy with both. 4-5 years ago we would have been talking ourselves into wells or Littrell.

I do think I like Day better. Just seems a little more ready Day 1

I prefer Day because I like that offense. Lake would probably bring the UW offense, which I'm not as hot on. Although any offense with Jake Browning running it probably isn't massively exciting.

Lake probably rolls in and recruits up a storm from day 1, though. Hopefully Day has some nice connections to ACs with P12 ties.

Emphasis on "young", has me thinking Long. Most folks in these parts think that would be a long-shot though.
I can't believe I am actually thinking this is something (coaching searches make everyone irrational), but he only liked tweets that said "Day" in it. I think Day is the odds on favorite.

I can't believe I am actually thinking this is something (coaching searches make everyone irrational), but he only liked tweets that said "Day" in it. I think Day is the odds on favorite.
Starting to believe he doesn't know night from Day.

Don’t think it’s Long. He’d have been hired by now. I think we’re down to Lake, Day or Tosh. Outside chance of someone like Schiano or Tucker. I’m good with any of the first three

Don’t think it’s Long. He’d have been hired by now. I think we’re down to Lake, Day or Tosh. Outside chance of someone like Schiano or Tucker. I’m good with any of the first three

I don't think Tosh fits here because of his NCAA issues. I think its Lake, Day, or Tucker.

Back