What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

Plot Twist: Ryan Walters hired as CU's 26th coach
0908_fb_vsWYO_editall_169-e1536945065864-1024x841.jpg

Six Names to Watch as Colorado's Coaching Search Heats Up

Where the search is exactly heading remains somewhat shrouded in mystery. George and staff have been tight-lipped, but their opening should be filled within a week. The search is heating up, and the potential candidates are lining up—after all, it is just one of four Power 5 jobs currently open, joining Louisville, Texas Tech and Maryland. The Buffs could take a look at an NFL offensive coordinator, a couple of SEC defensive coordinators and a nearby coach. They mostly fit the characteristics of what you’d want at a place like Colorado.

read more...
Wow. Tucker and Lupoi are the only two on that list worth considering. And Day, Long, Lake And Arranda should have been the other four. Then it would have been a real list.

Lazy reporting.

The more time that goes by this week the more likely our next HC is coaching in a game this weekend. Anyone else could have been named now without waiting --> Leavitt, Fisch, Holgorsen, Mason, Aranda, and Long. All is quite, virtually no good leads out there, and it's because an announcement or leak now would be very distracting to a team playing for a conference title.

With that said, CU's next coach could very well be on this list - some I like, some I don't. Thoughts?
Jimmy Lake - UW DC LOVE
Matt Campbell - Iowa St. HC EH
Mike Norvell - Memphis HC NO
Josh Heupel - UCF HC NO
Tosh Lupoi - Alabama DC LIKE
Mel Tucker - Georgia DC LIKE
Jeff Tedford - Fresno St. HC NO
Bryan Harsin - Boise St. HC NOOOO
Brent Venables - Clemson DC LIKE
Ryan Day - Ohio St. OC LOVE
Greg Schiano - Ohio St. DC LOVE

*This assumes no candidates from Utah, Texas, Drake, Pitt, and Northwestern
I think our next coach is in your ‘Loves’ and ‘likes’. Add in the AC from ND. Can’t beleive younwouldnt love Matt Campbell, but that ain’t happening anyway. He will stay there until tOSU hires him as head coach. Which is the only reason we might have a real shot at Day.

I'm undecided on Campbell. I want to like him but here's what I see, what am I missing?
- Before Iowa St. he coached at Bowling Green and Toledo
- Coaching tree isn't impressive coming from those schools
- Current recruiting class ranked at 34, 9 spots ahead of CU

I'm undecided on Campbell. I want to like him but here's what I see, what am I missing?
- Before Iowa St. he coached at Bowling Green and Toledo
- Coaching tree isn't impressive coming from those schools
- Current recruiting class ranked at 34, 9 spots ahead of CU
I'm not sure if this was a joke, but no need to fret, we're not paying $7M to buy Campbell out, and he's not going to leave for anything but a blue blood or NFL team.

From what I read it looks like Matt Wells is close to going to Texas Tech. Would post the tweet, but being a newbie and all...

From what I read it looks like Matt Wells is close to going to Texas Tech. Would post the tweet, but being a newbie and all...
Just press the media button (one that looks like a film roll, right next to the plus sign) and then paste the twitter link and it will come through.

Just press the media button (one that looks like a film roll, right next to the plus sign) and then paste the twitter link and it will come through.
You can paste the twitter link directly into the reply box, no need to use the media button for a tweet (unless I'm missing something).

In case you missed it, Spavital now at Texas State:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...sive-coordinator-jake-spavital-as-next-coach/

This could be good for us. If WV needs a new OC, perhaps Holgorson won't want to stay and go through all that.

That's Assuming Holgerson is the guy you want. He's not for me. Hes in the 30's in recruiting and won 10 games only once since joining the big 12. He's a solid coach but I'm not looking for consistency, I'm looking for a homerun.

That's Assuming Holgerson is the guy you want. He's not for me. Hes in the 30's in recruiting and won 10 games only once since joining the big 12. He's a solid coach but I'm not looking for consistency, I'm looking for a homerun.
But is he in the 30s because West Virginia?? Would he be higher somewhere else?

The Brohm saga really illustrates what the revenue imbalance in college football means. Hometown hero gets offered his dream job with what looked like a Top 20 salary. Word is that Purdue was able to offer about $6M a year to keep him.

Last edited:
The Brohm saga really illustrates what the revenue imbalance in college football means. Hometown hero gets offered his dream job with what looked like a Top 20 salary. Word is that Purdue was able to offer about $6M a year to keep him.

That is not good, someone needs to get to work on Pac 12 TV contracts stat.

Back