What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs. Oregon game thread

I think the thing that frustrates me the most is watching a team like Wazzu, who is well coached but has serviceable lines on both side. But Karl ****ing Dorrell screwed us so bad and left the cupboard so bare that we can't even compete with the upper echelon teams. Shedeur has no time, we can't get a push so running the ball is pointless, we get no pressure on QB's with our down lineman, teams can get chunk yardage with run plays very consistently.

Hiring KD was pure negligence and if someone failed that miserably at their job in another industry like RG did, they would be fired if their company cared at all about performance. I get that KD being so bad allowed us the chance to hire Prime and that RG did it. But he only did it because TS basically told him to quit being a little bitch and find someone better than Mendenhall.

I'm very happy with where we are, and this is of very little fault to Prime and staff. It's incredibly hard to get lineman quick in the portal/from the high school ranks. But this line situation shouldn't be as dire as it is and that's on KD and by extension RG.

I think the thing that frustrates me the most is watching a team like Wazzu, who is well coached but has serviceable lines on both side. But Karl ****ing Dorrell screwed us so bad and left the cupboard so bare that we can't even compete with the upper echelon teams. Shedeur has no time, we can't get a push so running the ball is pointless, we get no pressure on QB's with our down lineman, teams can get chunk yardage with run plays very consistently.

Hiring KD was pure negligence and if someone failed that miserably at their job in another industry like RG did, they would be fired if their company cared at all about performance. I get that KD being so bad allowed us the chance to hire Prime and that RG did it. But he only did it because TS basically told him to quit being a little bitch and find someone better than Mendenhall.

I'm very happy with where we are, and this is of very little fault to Prime and staff. It's incredibly hard to get lineman quick in the portal/from the high school ranks. But this situation shouldn't be as dire as it is and that's on KD and by extension RG.
The PNW has some pretty good HS linemen. Easy to attract them.

Oregon looks like theyre gonna be conference champs. Agreed that they appear to be a class above us with a senior QB and all the supporting talent. Oregon fwill face five ranked teams to reach the Conf Championships playing WSU, OSU, UW, UU, and USC. There are a few must see games coming up on that schedule.

This game called football is lost at the line of scrimmage and our OL got beat all day. Ive been saying for a couple weeks now that someone will beat us because of OL play. Without protection we cant do any of the things Sean and Deion want to do. Can someone please coach Shedeur into running 90° towards the sideline instead of running backwards when pressure comes?

We have a good defense but again the line scrimmage was lost here too. Oregon opened huge holes to run thru most of the day. The poor tackling in the 1st quarter didnt help.

Were not as bad as todays score. Prime has started a great foundation. He needs to go out and get some beef.

Sucks we might never play them again.
We'll see them again.

I'm very happy with where we are, and this is of very little fault to Prime and staff. It's incredibly hard to get lineman quick in the portal/from the high school ranks. But this line situation shouldn't be as dire as it is and that's on KD and by extension RG.
There is a great chance you wouldn't have Prime if the cupboard was half full. He is here because the cupboard was empty and your President and AD fully embraced the Prime experience. They didn't say, he's from a HBCU. Prime Prep. He's a Black man who didn't do it the way we do it. You brought all in. Would you buy all in if the team was half full like TCU was in previous year when searching for a coach, I doubt it.

The two teams all in on Prime was South Florida and Colorado. Both combined for 2-24 last season while South Florida had a good G5 offense, it had the worst G5 defense in the nation. CU was just awful period and had to adjust to the transfer portal era.

You needed Prime. Sadly, the one area I wish that had more starters return from last year, the OL lost players and unfortunately, we didn't replace them with better players and it wasn't like the OL was good last year but it was at least Pac-12 bad. This year, they are just ass. The pass blocking was better last year. The run blocking was terrible last year as well as this year.

Says the tough guy who is going to kick McChesny's ass and is missing a CU game because his wife told him that the wedding is on a Saturday during the season.
You know the McChesney thing was a joke where I imitated what he says right? It’s a bit, dumbass

Also my grandma is really close to dying so we’re trying to get this done so she can see one of her grandkids get married and that was the only time it could work. So yeah eat **** and go **** your self dude

Last edited:
Oregon has 3 Rose Bowl wins in the last 12? years with 3 different coaches, and are something like 5-1 in conference championship games. You wish you could **** the bed like that.

Larry Shrug GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Oregon looks like theyre gonna be conference champs. Agreed that they appear to be a class above us with a senior QB and all the supporting talent. Oregon fwill face five ranked teams to reach the Conf Championships playing WSU, OSU, UW, UU, and USC. There are a few must see games coming up on that schedule.

This game called football is lost at the line of scrimmage and our OL got beat all day. Ive been saying for a couple weeks now that someone will beat us because of OL play. Without protection we cant do any of the things Sean and Deion want to do. Can someone please coach Shedeur into running 90° towards the sideline instead of running backwards when pressure comes?

We have a good defense but again the line scrimmage was lost here too. Oregon opened huge holes to run thru most of the day. The poor tackling in the 1st quarter didnt help.

Were not as bad as todays score. Prime has started a great foundation. He needs to go out and get some beef.

Sucks we might never play them again.
Oregon is 3rd to 5th best in the PAC. This was their super bowl. Next year they won't even be as good as Iowa in the big 10.

There is a great chance you wouldn't have Prime if the cupboard was half full. He is here because the cupboard was empty and your President and AD fully embraced the Prime experience. They didn't say, he's from a HBCU. Prime Prep. He's a Black man who didn't do it the way we do it. You brought all in. Would you buy all in if the team was half full like TCU was in previous year when searching for a coach, I doubt it.

The two teams all in on Prime was South Florida and Colorado. Both combined for 2-24 last season while South Florida had a good G5 offense, it had the worst G5 defense in the nation. CU was just awful period and had to adjust to the transfer portal era.

You needed Prime. Sadly, the one area I wish that had more starters return from last year, the OL lost players and unfortunately, we didn't replace them with better players and it wasn't like the OL was good last year but it was at least Pac-12 bad. This year, they are just ass. The pass blocking was better last year. The run blocking was terrible last year as well as this year.
I acknowledged that we wouldn't have him if we weren't so bad in my OP.

Oregon has 3 Rose Bowl wins in the last 12? years with 3 different coaches, and are something like 5-1 in conference championship games. You wish you could **** the bed like that.
I’m most impressed by their national championship trophy they have on display and also the story of how they won it all.

Oh, but wait……lol.

Reality is that while we lost and we’ve struggled in years past, we belong to that group of teams that have won a football NC. And thanks to Prime, we’ll have our 2nd at some point while Oregon remains at zero.

Agree with all that. How RG settled on an NFL position coach years and years removed from recruiting is beyond me. I can only hope there was more to the story. The way it went he should have tried to keep Jay Johnson, Darrin Chiaverini, or whoever was DC.

Back