What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs. Oregon game thread

Lanning’s lame ass speech brought up Cinderella story, but I think he will be sad to realize that in reality this is just the part where Cinderella lost her shoe, and once it is found and returned, we gonna stick it up his arse! Cinderella (CU) ultimately marries the Prince (CFP National Championship), so f you Lanning. And oh by the way, the moral of the story was that beauty was a treasure, but graciousness is priceless.

Oregon whipped us pretty good today. They earned the right to talk down on us. If our players and coaches don’t like it, maybe they should have performed better today.
I don't think the players and coaches have complained. I think we're (the fans) just noticing that Lanning was a little weird about this. Of course he can say whatever he wants.

James Caan Elf GIF

Those were the words that Prime said about Lanning. (“He’s a great coach. God bless him.”) I think hawg1 was just riffing on that.

When I saw his speech I thought exactly the same thing. Oregon built their brand on “flash.” Oh, and Nike money.
The cleats bit is a dumb gimmick. It is literally all “flash”.

Either all players are standing in the sun or the shade to activate the fabric color change or… are chaffing so vigorously in the shoe the foot is one giant blister.

Last edited:
So? The only reason USC is USC is because they're in LA. Things are the way they are. Oregon has at *best* the 4th most money in the Pac-12. How the **** do you think any of this works? Boosters pay Nick Saban's mortgage ffs.
Yeah, not sure what you are barking at. We are definitely not talking about the same thing.

USC is the only other CFB program that has ever had near CU’s celebrity recognition and social support.

The SEC is full of nepotism money, why is Tennessee so prominently average at best every season in spite of official and unofficial spending. Heuprl and et al. before have no issues in living comfortably in Knoxville. Oregon is simply a solely funded, brand backed west coast version of UT.

Last edited:
Disluke. I will always want a CU player to get theirs, even if it means we lose someone to the NFL. More guys to the NFL means more guys wanting to play for CU
I am confident he will succeed at the next level. I also, selfishly want him to return for one more year

Just woke up (03:14) after a long day of drinking!… glass of whiskey in hand (I clearly have a problem), and i’m still so proud of our Buff’s.

Divided amongst those that love this team, and everyone waiting for the other show to drop.

I love this team, I love our Coach, and I definitely believe!

p.s.
When I got home, my girlfriend gave me the third degree, and essentially it went a little something like this:

amazing to me how all the games I watched after our game. ****ty teams, **** recruiting, yet they have functional OL and DL play. Not deep depth either. Dude goes down, third stringer freshman trots out and they run the ball 20 yards on the next play. What is the deal that we always have ****ty OLines.?
Serious

amazing to me how all the games I watched after our game. ****ty teams, **** recruiting, yet they have functional OL and DL play. Not deep depth either. Dude goes down, third stringer freshman trots out and they run the ball 20 yards on the next play. What is the deal that we always have ****ty OLines.?
Serious
I have wondered the same thing!..watched osu vs wash st…did they have ga or mich olines?..no!…but still light years ahead of where we are at

same, watching the nub vs lousiana game. Lousiana has some small guys, but they pushed the nubs around

and once again. No pressure. Of all the dudes that play DL, LB, Edge, DE and none of them ever bring pressure. Shed the damn block and get around or push them into the QB. I haven't noticed any stunts or true blitzes.
I know I don't have the right to question Kelly, but I do know football. I just don't see ANY pressure.

Serious
People here say last year online was worse but when i watched the games, the tackles were bad and before they replaced the starting center with Wells, that position was bad too but the guards were pretty good for even the Pac-12. I don't want to go too hard on Tank as well as Trevor Woods. Both have been two of our best players outside of the studs this year but when Tank is bad, it just kills us. Over the last two years, the run blocking been awful. I honestly believe that's just due to strength. The one thing I love about Sims is he got these boys into shape. We just need him to get the trenches stronger.

Big Tank is far more flexible this year than last but yesterday, he got made a fool out there. Big for nothing was said multiple times by people I trust opinion on Tank with yesterday's effort.

Serious
This team has lost over 11 OL in the last three years in the portal. Tommy Brown was their best transfer in before Savion last year along with Tyler Brown who would help us certainly if eligible.

I just think poor recruiting and high transfer rates on the OL even before Prime hurts. Trenches are the hardest to replace and build up. It takes years. You need great recruiting classes, transfers, and time.

This team has lost over 11 OL in the last three years in the portal. Tommy Brown was their best transfer in before Savion last year along with Tyler Brown who would help us certainly if eligible.

I just think poor recruiting and high transfer rates on the OL even before Prime hurts. Trenches are the hardest to replace and build up. It takes years. You need great recruiting classes, transfers, and time.
very good point!..but man I watch some very medicore teams with at least a functional oline!..imagine if #2 had just that type of oline in front of him

very good point!..but man I watch some very medicore teams with at least a functional oline!..imagine if #2 had just that type of oline in front of him
If you look at the worst teams in college football. No matter the level of play, you generally have bad trenches play.

If you look at the worst teams in college football. No matter the level of play, you generally have bad trenches play.

In college basketball, my dad used to say "everyone has guards, only good teams have good forwards."

In think in CFB it's the same - lots of teams have good skill players, maybe even one really strong WR, RB, etc., but truly good teams have good OL and DL.

And when you get to elite teams, the difference in the trenches is so massive compared to a mediocre team. Elite DL make it impossible to implement whatever offense you have, no matter what your QB and WR situation is. And we saw that yesterday.

Just woke up (03:14) after a long day of drinking!… glass of whiskey in hand (I clearly have a problem), and i’m still so proud of our Buff’s.

Divided amongst those that love this team, and everyone waiting for the other show to drop.

I love this team, I love our Coach, and I definitely believe!

p.s.
When I got home, my girlfriend gave me the third degree, and essentially it went a little something like this:

Serious
ASU was a 34.5 point dog to SC and they have been plagued by injuries on the OL (and QB), and they still managed to be competitive last night.

It does seem like even really bad P5 teams can play competitive games with elite teams, while CU always seems to get raced

The cleats bit is a dumb gimmick. It is literally all “flash”.
LOL. The cleats bit is a recruiting gimmick. And it works. If Phil Knight was a CU alum giving money like he does to Oregon you’d be praising him. Much like we praise Prime and admonish all other coaches for smack talk.

This is how The Game is played.

Congratulations CU fans on how you're taking the beatdown by the Ducks. In true Husker fan style. Trust me, it won't get any easier after the USC game when/if they do the same. None the less. Good luck with the Trojans.

Back