What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

there's some updated renderings of the ipf on page 28 of the buff club 2015 membership mailer i received. but they are not on the sei website yet.FullSizeRender(4).jpgFullSizeRender(1).jpgFullSizeRender(3).jpgFullSizeRender(2).jpg

So it looks like we are going from three practice fields to two (one inside). Is that going to be a problem?

So it looks like we are going from three practice fields to two (one inside). Is that going to be a problem?

I would say yes. Plus those aren't 2 regulation size fields iirc. I imagine we'll practice a little more in Folsom

I was going to post those photos, yesterday.

I believe those are glass panels on the roof. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were solar panels. Main reason for that thinking is that the IPF is going to be a showcase for the university. They are not only going to hold donor functions and "tailgate" events in there, but there will also be track meets and things like that. Glass panels would keep it open and bright and would probably me a bit more impressive than a lit warehouse type of thing like most IPF around the country.

@14er, I think Slider means that 2 of the 3 current field are not regulation size. I believe the only regulation field is the one in the bubble. I think the plan for the new facility is 2 regulation size fields, with folsom as a 3rd/back up.

All that being said, those additions are gorgeous. They really do add to Folsom. That "Buff Walk" is going to be much larger than I though, and if they do it right, could be a huge addition to the game day pageantry. The rumors of it being a world class facility, appear to be true. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Yeah, the new stadium seating addition looks drab and out of place until you see it in full context. The finished building brings it all together. This will be awesome.

not much activity lately with the cold and holidays....they did put up some shower curtains

I think there is some work going on inside around the locker room area. Can't fly steel if there is ice up there, can't pour concrete below zero, can't dig when the ground is frozen. Cold snaps like this really do screw up time lines

I think there is some work going on inside around the locker room area. Can't fly steel if there is ice up there, can't pour concrete below zero, can't dig when the ground is frozen. Cold snaps like this really do screw up time lines
So does Christmas/New Year week. Actually a good time fo a cold snap if you're going to have one.

I dont think its ideal, but probably not a huge problem. I was curious about it, so I looked around at what other schools had, within the Pac 12: Arizona, UCLA, Cal, Wazzu, and maybe USC all have space issues and appear to only have shortened practice fields. I think Cal practices in their stadium a lot.

I dont think its ideal, but probably not a huge problem. I was curious about it, so I looked around at what other schools had, within the Pac 12: Arizona, UCLA, Cal, Wazzu, and maybe USC all have space issues and appear to only have shortened practice fields. I think Cal practices in their stadium a lot.

did you use google maps? because that may not be totally accurate. A lot of construction happened in the PAC12 the last few years. @sliderNcider how often did they use all 3 fields during practices?

did you use google maps? because that may not be totally accurate. A lot of construction happened in the PAC12 the last few years. @sliderNcider how often did they use all 3 fields during practices?

Maybe, images are 1-2 years old. But like I said, they dont have space to work with, short of tearing down other buildings. I looked at Wazzu's expansion pretty closely, and their abbreviated field actually got smaller when they put in that addition. UCLA had a similar issue, but I cant tell from their renderings what the final plan does with the practice field.

I was concerned as you are about it, and griped about it on Rivals, but nobdy agreed with me. So I did the looking around to get some context and feel better about the idea. I figure MM or RG wouldn't go along with it if they thought it would be a problem.

Some of our regular practice attenders could comment with more authority, but when I tried to make a few practices each year during the GB era, they rarely used all three fields IIRC.

Some of our regular practice attenders could comment with more authority, but when I tried to make a few practices each year during the GB era, they rarely used all three fields IIRC.

Not only that, but there's about zero that you do in football that requires a 100 yard field for practice. Kickoffs need about 80 yards (including the end zone). Maybe every now and then you'll want to run a 2-minute drill starting from your own goal line. Otherwise, every other drill is 70 yards or less. Most practices, we're more likely to see one of the fields not even used with yardage lines since they don't need them for a lot of the line drills. Sometimes, they'll work 2 offense at the same time going across the field (53 yards) with the coaches and subs in between.

In short, there's very little reason to have multiple fields that are 360 feet long for the team to practice.

not much activity lately with the cold and holidays....they did put up some shower curtains
Not true. I was over there yesterday and they have been working a lot on the backside with the building trim and then inside on what looked to be the weight room area.

[MENTION=1979]tante[/MENTION]- MM regularly uses all 3 fields at the same time. At a minimum 2 at once with 1st team O vs 1st team D and same for 2nd team etc.

dff234c12360948abf7154df6ec5711c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That meeting room had been singled out by Embree as something that was inadequate to needs, iirc.

Bull****. I've seen countless sec and ACC meeting rooms and many are just a square room with movie theater style seating. O

Bull****. I've seen countless sec and ACC meeting rooms and many are just a square room with movie theater style seating. O

I am going to work under the assumption that they wouldn't have torn the current one down if there wasn't room for improvement.

I am going to work under the assumption that they wouldn't have torn the current one down if there wasn't room for improvement.

Im all for improvement. But ours wasn't bad. Georgia tech just had a brand new one and it was a a drywall square room.

Im all for improvement. But ours wasn't bad. Georgia tech just had a brand new one and it was a a drywall square room.

We have/had three one that was the type of drywall square you are talking about was used primarily for film review. I have been in this room it was old, beat-up and the sounds system didnt work, it was basically as nice as chem140. It needed a significant face-lift. As noted below this room as well as the other two i reference are all being canabilzed for Olympic sports.

Back