What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

So put a lid on the enclosure?

am I not properly describing what I'm talking about?

No I get what you mean. Like a zoo exhibit type thing. I think you lose the mystique that surrounds Ralphie when you put her on display like any zoo animal.

So move Ralphie from the caribu ranch with all the other bison to a pen at folsom. No thanks

I don't think anything is gained by having Ralphie taking a nap inside a cage for all to see while the game is going on. Keep it as is. When Ralphie makes her appearance, it's special.

So, I bought 2 each for the Arizona game and the USC game. It would have been helpful to know the kickoff times for all the games since it opens up 2 hours before kickoff. SC is a 7:00 Friday game, so getting there at 5:00 should be easy. I'm not sure I'd want 'em for a, say, 11:00 kickoff. I picked the Arizona game since they are my wife's alma mater.

Oops. Wrong thread, haha.

Last edited:
A permanent fixture in folsom, not a permanent home for Ralphie. Bring her to the big enclosure during the game, let her do her run, put her back in the enclosure, let her run, take her out to pasture.

Yes. This. Thanks.

Why is this so difficult for people to understand? Honestly, did somebody actually think I was talking about keeping her full time at Folsom?

As I'm looking at the pictures of the addition, my thought is that when we do the next expansion on the West side, we should raise the level of the North stands so that they can connect to the NE and NW stands, creating a real tunnel. Raise the roof on the Dal Ward Center to mirror the height of the new additions, and have an area under the North Stands to keep Ralphie during games. That way, the North end would be fully enclosed and would look really, really cool.

Yes. This. Thanks.

Why is this so difficult for people to understand? Honestly, did somebody actually think I was talking about keeping her full time at Folsom?

As I'm looking at the pictures of the addition, my thought is that when we do the next expansion on the West side, we should raise the level of the North stands so that they can connect to the NE and NW stands, creating a real tunnel. Raise the roof on the Dal Ward Center to mirror the height of the new additions, and have an area under the North Stands to keep Ralphie during games. That way, the North end would be fully enclosed and would look really, really cool.

Won't that be a little loud when we're winning national championships and people are jumping up and down?

Time for some updated RG videos showing the insides of the new facilities...I can't make it up to Boulder for the presentation/tour on the 22nd. :cry:

So put a lid on the enclosure?

am I not properly describing what I'm talking about?

This exchange made me think of Hot Shots:

AdmiralBenson_zps8c625ae8.jpg

Admiral Benson: [while standing on top of the aircraft carrier, his cap blew off and landed in the ocean] Holy Cow! My cap blew off! Swing her round. We'll pick it up.
Officer: But, sir, we're on the mission.
Admiral Benson: Good thinking. We'll pick it up on the way back. We gotta mark the spot, though. Put Robinowitz in a life raft. Have him row in circles until we return.
Officer: It could be days.
Admiral Benson: Then put some food in the life raft, for god's sake, man. Do I have to think of everything? We'll tape his favorite shows, he won't miss anything.

I was in boulder for work today and I must say the pics that have been shown do not do justice to how massive a build this is. It is really amazing how much has been done in just over a year.

I was in boulder for work today and I must say the pics that have been shown do not do justice to how massive a build this is. It is really amazing how much has been done in just over a year.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it in person this upcoming season.

I've been driving by on Folsom daily this week because I had some business on campus and they put about 2/3 of the steel up for one the IPF sections (maybe a fifth of the total roof) in about 3-4 days. They may finish that section by the end of the week and start moving the crane over for the next section. For those of you that want me to do the math, it means they are on pace to put the main roof structure for the entire IPF up in about 6 weeks total.

They are moving fast and steady.

I've been driving by on Folsom daily this week because I had some business on campus and they put about 2/3 of the steel up for one the IPF sections (maybe a fifth of the total roof) in about 3-4 days. They may finish that section by the end of the week and start moving the crane over for the next section. For those of you that want me to do the math, it means they are on pace to put the main roof structure for the entire IPF up in about 6 weeks total.

They are moving fast and steady.
Only thing is it isn't clear to me what they are doing inside. They have to complete the garage ramps and IPF floor also so, do they do a section of the frame, then the garage then go back to the next section of frame, etc? Plus, they have to build the IPF floor system which has to wait for the garage. I'm probably not being very clear. Unfortunately, the cam is pretty worthless now because we can't see the construction inside the IPF.

Last edited:
Not directly really related to the new construction. I don't think anyway.

Interesting ad on the jumbo tron
_sponsor.JPG

MusclePharm Place?

Not directly really related to the new construction. I don't think anyway.

Interesting ad on the jumbo tron
View attachment 16738

MusclePharm Place?

In past years, the AD has brought in potential advertisers and part of hosting them has been showing something like that on the big screen. Doesn't necessarily mean anything beyond that company being wooed as a sponsor. I guess it also means that the AD is still actively looking for a company to go the extra mile and take on the big price tag to get stadium naming rights... and I'm glad that this hasn't been abandoned. With the new facilities and stadium amenities (and reason to believe that the on-field performance will get much better), sponsoring the stadium is a much more attractive advertising opportunity.

In past years, the AD has brought in potential advertisers and part of hosting them has been showing something like that on the big screen. Doesn't necessarily mean anything beyond that company being wooed as a sponsor. I guess it also means that the AD is still actively looking for a company to go the extra mile and take on the big price tag to get stadium naming rights... and I'm glad that this hasn't been abandoned. With the new facilities and stadium amenities (and reason to believe that the on-field performance will get much better), sponsoring the stadium is a much more attractive advertising opportunity.

Maybe these companies are holding their meetings in the club level of Folsom (as RG has stated is a big revenue maker for the AD) and they just added the signage as part of the package for renting out the space?

But where/what would they call MusclePharm Place?

Folsom Field at MusclePharm Place?

The Champions Center at MPP?

The MPP IPF?

But where/what would they call MusclePharm Place?

Folsom Field at MusclePharm Place?

The Champions Center at MPP?

The MPP IPF?

That's a great question.

I think there are more sponsorship opportunities than before.

Folsom Field at .................... would still be something that could happen. I'd think the sports medicine facility could also be sponsored. Probably the IPF and Dal Ward / Champions Center, too.

Back