What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

I think it was mentioned already somewhere in the thread but I couldn't find it; does anyone know who to contact about a tour for the new facilities?

Thanks

I was in Boulder today and took the opportunity to get my first in-person look at the new construction. It is looking great... Huge. Unique. Blends with the look of the campus.

image.jpg

h/t to NCBuff on the Rivals board for seeing this on cubuffs.com : CU is planning on installing the following "Run Ralphie Run" statue at the north end of the Buff Walk.

XUNIGVHXKQWLSXK.20150716235757.jpg

That's gonna be sick!

h/t to NCBuff on the Rivals board for seeing this on cubuffs.com : CU is planning on installing the following "Run Ralphie Run" statue at the north end of the Buff Walk.

That's gonna be sick!

RK tweeted out this weekend that CU is hosting a golf tournament to raise the funds for the statue. If its as epic as I think its going to be, that's going to be a huge crowd draw on the north end of the stadium.

That's great. Statues of Buffaloes should be standing or running, unlike this pacifist..

2380754700_feef3b11bd_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Matriarch of the Plains, keeping a watchful eye over the eastern plains, waiting for the red horde.

That laying down buffalo pretty much captures what has happened to the football team over the last 10 years. She is a jinx.

Maybe she can watch over the plains around NDSU instead. If I had my way, she'd be Phil DiSephano's retirement gift.

A mighty standing bull buffalo with big balls belongs on that pedestal in her place. I'm partial to the piece outside of the Colorado History Museum in Denver.

buffalo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

That's gonna be sick!
Now don't get all pissy, but the buffalo's head seems, I don't know, a bit oversized maybe?

Long overdue - way to go RG. Now just slap on some new paint/cover the rust, upgrade the wireless and sound system and we're looking pretty good (i don't mind peeing in a trough from 1956 for a few more years anyway)

I wonder if one of the ralphie handlers will have the likeness of Sean Tufts. He came back for grad school and did it for at least one year. Always liked that guy

progress 07-22(2).jpg
Blue: Look to be preparing the surface for the stone or precast concrete that will go under the windows
Yellow: Preparing to do some serious roofing here in the next few days
Red: Laying down roofing subsurface now
Green: Finishing the small remaining amount of stone work on the stadium side of the building.

progress 07-22.jpg

Purple: Preparing roofing
Light Blue: Finished alternate Champion's Center entrance facade, looks to be missing windows still
Orange: Moar Steel! The just keeps getting bigger. Looks like they are getting some stuff prepped to put roofing on it too.
Green: Stone guys are now on the east side of the building, making me think that they have finished the north side.

Most of the work ATM is interior work, so we won't see any update on that until folks see it tonight, or see a video from Rick George later on. There is some concrete work happening inside the IPF but thats as much as I can tell on the parking garage.

Back