What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

No comments. I'm shocked. I thought RG mentioning a permanent Thunder Chute tunnel would at least get a little run.

I was a little too pissed off to comment after I saw RG standing in 70 degree weather while I froze my balls off.

No comments. I'm shocked. I thought RG mentioning a permanent Thunder Chute tunnel would at least get a little run.

Not sure if mentioned previously, but there is every intention of initiating a pre game "Buff Walk" (parade of players on their way to locker room), similar to what schools like Auburn and some others do as a ritual, in the student walkway between the PF and stadium. Would be a nice game day tradition in that space.

Not sure if mentioned previously, but there is every intention of initiating a pre game "Buff Walk" (parade of players on their way to locker room), similar to what schools like Auburn and some others do as a ritual, in the student walkway between the PF and stadium. Would be a nice game day tradition in that space.

If they let people tailgate in that lot, it would become a huge deal. The previous "attempt" was done through the lot where no one parked. If you pretty much have to pack up your tailgate to go over to it, no one is going to come.

[tweet]560314773359693824[/tweet]

Wow, does that make Dal Ward look insignificant. Pretty impressive. I remember when it was built and it was considered the gold standard at the time. The University has really been asleep at the wheel when it comes to football.

B8ajUE0CIAIkj2H.jpg:large

AIN'T SHE PURTY :pfft:

B8ajUE0CIAIkj2H.jpg:large

AIN'T SHE PURTY :pfft:

yes. But are we sure there is a parking garage under the IPF? There appears to be a shrub in front of the garage entrance/exit? And I want to see exhaust vents in the rendering! ;)

A little random timing for this post, but I just finally decided to join the action. With all the talk about the need to renovate Balch as the next big thing on RG's to do list, I was wondering why it seems nobody brings up how narrow our sidelines are. I would think that knocking out the first few rows on the east and west sidelines to create more room would be a priority because of the safety issue that the current setup brings. I cringe every time a player heads for the sidelines on a play because I know they are about to take a shin or side or head to the benches that are mounted to the wall. Anybody know if that kind of thing is even remotely on anyone's radar?

A little random timing for this post, but I just finally decided to join the action. With all the talk about the need to renovate Balch as the next big thing on RG's to do list, I was wondering why it seems nobody brings up how narrow our sidelines are. I would think that knocking out the first few rows on the east and west sidelines to create more room would be a priority because of the safety issue that the current setup brings. I cringe every time a player heads for the sidelines on a play because I know they are about to take a shin or side or head to the benches that are mounted to the wall. Anybody know if that kind of thing is even remotely on anyone's radar?
No

No

:wow:

Its a good idea, but would cost way more than it is worth. To give the kind of clearance you are asking for would be a huge demo project of probably 8-10 rows per side, and while taking those out you would have to brace the entire bowl of the stadium temporarily while you take out the bottom wall. The entire bowl, being original construction, is on grade. I would bet they would end up tearing out a lot of the stadium in order to accomplish what you are asking for and do it safely.

I like the narrow sidelines, right on top of the action

Exactly. When I have been to other stadiums, I have often thought "why the hell are the stands so far away from the field?" Folsom is a great stadium for watching games.

It wasn't on my radar. Only time I ever paid attention to it was when we had some discussions about soccer and lacrosse at Folsom and it looks like the field area wouldn't be able to accommodate those sports with their wider fields. I can't imagine that there are plans to spend a bunch of money to take out premium seating, though.

Thanks for posting and actually starting a discussion we haven't had. That doesn't happen anywhere near often enough.

It wasn't on my radar. Only time I ever paid attention to it was when we had some discussions about soccer and lacrosse at Folsom and it looks like the field area wouldn't be able to accommodate those sports with their wider fields. I can't imagine that there are plans to spend a bunch of money to take out premium seating, though.

Thanks for posting and actually starting a discussion we haven't had. That doesn't happen anywhere near often enough.
So do you fart in front of your wife and do you believe MM's diamonds in the rough two star recruits will lead us to the MNC?

Back