What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

It's CU, so unfortunately our "Step 1" needs to be: "Anyone you might be considering who would not be considered by any other P5 peer needs to be immediately eliminated from your candidate list."

This should be a general rule for all CU AD jobs.
Is Bronco getting run anywhere but here?

Maybe ASU?

I’ve seen a little bit at Georgia Tech, but doesn’t seem to be a great fit there or one of their top targets at this point.
True. I think that ignoring a guy like that because he's not getting attention elsewhere isn't fair to him.

He'd have us in bowls regularly. Safe? Sure. Is that bad right now?

Best thing with this search is the only names I've heard I don't like (Hi, Marcus Arroyo) aren't getting run right now.

I've seen some BYU.
I think he’s said he wants to be in the West? I think maybe the CU job is his ideal fit and maybe he’s really focused on that so not needing to look a lot of places (I bleed black and gold so that’s just my take, not based on anything else)

Which one? Not Auburn. Missouri just extended Drinkwitz.
He will wait patiently until the right job comes along. He just signed an 8 year, $5 million per year contract with Liberty. CU cannot offer more than that salary, and pay the buyout. Plus Freeze can do anything he wants at Liberty. It’s a religious school; therefore, it has no restrictions on morally questionable activities. He has no connections out west. CU gets him nothing except a massive rebuild with a lot more oversight. On top of that, we doubt CU has any interest in hiring a guy with his baggage.

As Duff said in his succinct way, it’s a non starter.

He will wait patiently until the right job comes along. He just signed an 8 year, $5 million per year contract with Liberty. CU cannot offer more than that salary, and pay the buyout. Plus Freeze can do anything he wants at Liberty. It’s a religious school; therefore, it has no restrictions on morally questionable activities. He has no connections out west. CU gets him nothing except a massive rebuild with a lot more oversight. On top of that, we doubt CU has any interest in hiring a guy with his baggage.

As Duff said in his succinct way, it’s a non starter.

I will take it a step further: he SHOULD be a non-starter.

I will take it a step further: he SHOULD be a non-starter.
CU needs to make some adjustments administratively to allow the football program to compete. Things like transfers, custom academic majors, student discipline board, etc.

The kind of adjustments needed for the way Hugh Freeze runs a program are never going to be accepted in Boulder, nor should they be.

CU needs to make some adjustments administratively to allow the football program to compete. Things like transfers, custom academic majors, student discipline board, etc.

The kind of adjustments needed for the way Hugh Freeze runs a program are never going to be accepted in Boulder, nor should they be.
If Freeze was hired, it would be an absolute bonanza for prostitutes in the metro.

austin powers GIF

Back