What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Oregon State Pregame/Game Thread

I noticed last night multiple times where our 3 CBs were Gonzo, Nikko Reed and Tyrin Taylor and when Gonzo left for a play Kaylin Moore came in. No idea where Blackmon was last night but it at least appears they have some young guys who can play
Mekhi was dressed but didn't have his helmet at any point in the game so idk if he was hurt or what.

Wasn’t this addressed in the post-game presser. He’s been dealing with an injury all season but didn’t feel like he could go yesterday. Maybe I’m confusing him with someone else.
I don’t know. I didn’t see any tweets or discussion about it here and honestly didn’t even notice his absence until the 4th quarter when it was called out that 3 true freshman were playing at CB at the same time.

Last night's game was great, even if a bit of a nail biter quite a few times. I was so peeved when that OSU kicker nailed that 60-yard field goal because I was ready to go (impressive feat, though). I was exhausted and wasn't feeling all that great (ended up throwing up at bedtime so *that* was fun - something I ate didn't sit well with me).

The crowd was decent, but not quite as good as parents' weekend. It was good to see @Uncle Ken back in his spot for the win.

I was a bit shocked to see the students rush the field. Like, I get it - it was an exciting game. But geez - you'd think we'd just won our division or something. We're not even going to be bowl contenders (likely) this year.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: starts at 14:03 but at the 14:06 minute mark, Quinn Perry leans in to B Lew to say something (I'll let you all decide what he was going to say) and then realizes he can be heard and catches himself hahah.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: starts at 14:03 but at the 14:06 minute mark, Quinn Perry leans in to B Lew to say something (I'll let you all decide what he was going to say) and then realizes he can be heard and catches himself hahah.

I couldn't hear. What did he say?

Something you ate huh?
Hey UK how wasted was Disraeli?
Funny - I had two shots of really excellent tequila during our tailgate around 3:30 (courtesy of some friends who tailgate near us), but - other than that - I wasn't drinking because I had to drive home.

Once I threw up, I felt fine. But thinking back on it, I've gotten sick a couple of times I've had tequila. Maybe my body is rejecting it?

Love getting a W. It’s incredible that Rod was even more incompetent than we all thought. Lewis might actually be the QB we all hoped he was.

That being said, watching Dorrell’s post game “speech” in the locker room is depressing. How can anyone get fired up playing for him. This win can’t overshadow what needs to be done to get the program back on track.
The dive for the pylon is what I’ve been waiting for!

Last edited:
Love getting a W. It’s incredible that Rod was even more incompetent than we all thought. Lewis might actually be the QB we all hoped he was.

That being said, watching Dorrell’s post game “speech” in the locker room is depressing. How can anyone get fired up playing for him. This win can’t overshadow what needs to be done to get the program back on track.
As Bufnik said earlier. How could an entire staff not see the glaring weakness of the o-line through out camp and the 1st eight weeks of the season and not speak up?
Paticularly the OC should have been able to identify it immediately! There must be some sort of organizational problem were folks are not listened to, ignored or are afraid to speak up.

As Bufnik said earlier. How could an entire staff not see the glaring weakness of the o-line through out camp and the 1st eight weeks of the season and not speak up?
Paticularly the OC should have been able to identify it immediately! There must be some sort of organizational problem were folks are not listened to, ignored or are afraid to speak up.
I think there is massive organizational dysfunction in the AD. And you don’t have to look too far elsewhere to find widespread dysfunction across the administration of the university as a whole.

The true leaders of the football team are probably a few players who actually care what happens beyond cashing a paycheck. That’s it. That’s probably what’s behind the glimmer of hope we saw on the field Saturday.

??? Jerek was 24/153. Smith was 7/25 and Fontenot was 5/18.
I saw Brou's stat line after the game and was surprised at his production. I remember he had back-to-back 16 and 14 yard runs toward the south endzone near the end of the game (and the big one on the first drive), but other than that, I feel his production was pretty quiet. But apparently steady. Happy to see him getting a few holes to work from.

I saw Brou's stat line after the game and was surprised at his production. I remember he had back-to-back 16 and 14 yard runs toward the south endzone near the end of the game (and the big one on the first drive), but other than that, I feel his production was pretty quiet. But apparently steady. Happy to see him getting a few holes to work from.
I thought all 3 looked good at times. As I mentioned previously, that easy TD pass to Arias doesn't happen without Alex absolutely stoning the blitzing DB. He picked up the right guy and stayed with that block for a good long time. Smith shows some speed. But Brou is definitely the best of the bunch running the ball. He finds holes and explodes through them, when the others don't. Not sure if I can find the video clip, but my favorite run of the night was Brou running along the sideline, toward the south end zone I think, where he got the corner, then laid the wood to a DB who challenged him. He popped up and had the biggest smile on his face as he bounced back toward the huddle. You could tell he was really enjoying it.

Watched both teams live in successive weeks. I think CU has the better defense - maybe even without Landman. Wasn’t blown away at all by what OSU has. Key is clearly stopping Baylor (their RB). Do that and their very mediocre QB will throw enough interceptions to gift you the game. But will come down to your OL. CU with even a mediocre OL wins this game handily. Not sure what changes (if any) the guy who stepped in for your OL coach can implement in such a short period of time, but if he can work some magic you have a real shot.
Ok, maybe not “handily” but I’m counting this as one of my few correct predictions of the season. Good job buffs.

He had that 49 yarder on the TD drive that put us up 27-24

Funny - I had two shots of really excellent tequila during our tailgate around 3:30 (courtesy of some friends who tailgate near us), but - other than that - I wasn't drinking because I had to drive home.

Once I threw up, I felt fine. But thinking back on it, I've gotten sick a couple of times I've had tequila. Maybe my body is rejecting it?
They call it Tekillya for a reason. All I have to do is smell it, that does the trick for me.

Believe it or not, tekillya wasn't the worst hangover I ever had. That would be champagne, amongst some other things, but holy ****. It felt like somebody took a ****ing bat to my head when I woke up. That was the last time I've had it was that New Year's party.

Believe it or not, tekillya wasn't the worst hangover I ever had. That would be champagne, amongst some other things, but holy ****. It felt like somebody took a ****ing bat to my head when I woke up. That was the last time I've had it was that New Year's party.
Rum.

Age 16, on a Bahamas cruise with mother and brother. Bacardi rum $1.90/liter, Coca Cola $1.50/12oz. We were incentivised to make some really strong drinks.

After three days of drinking, it hit me. In our hotel, laying on the bed, praying for death. 11yo brother thinks my pain is hilarious and starts jumping on the bed I'm dying on. Recall thinking "if you ever fall off a cliff or roof and i grab you by the arm on your way down... I'm going to look you in the eyes and say 'remember the jumping on the bed in the Bahamas?' and let go"

Really the only notable hangover I've ever had.

Last edited:
Back