What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Oregon State Pregame/Game Thread

Lewis now has me cautiously optimistic.
I'll never learn.
You should be more than optimistic. See below
He was so bad that it likely altered the entire season for this team, especially BLew and Brou.
Brou needed to just get the same blocking as last year and he seemed like he was stuffed every time
BLew is in development mode and he was getting destroyed and could have lost confidence
Vlachos would be just fine as the OL Coach if he can recruit, which with his background and his time at Alabama is worth testing out on a 1 year contract for $200k at most.
If Blew can learn how to step up in the pocket, he is showing a lot of potential, and his ceiling is EXTREMELY high, probably as high as Kordell Stewarts was.
You're 100% right. Lewis probably won't end up with the raw athletic ability Stewart had but in 25 years Mike Vick and lamar Jackson are the only nfl qbs you could compare to slash. That said, he's still just 18. With the proper training he'll get faster and a stronger arm every year. One could easily make the argument Lewis already has better pocket presence Stewart ever did. You could make the same argument for his ability to break tackles. The only thing left is mental, processing reads, reading coverage, diagnosing blitzes. His improvement in those categories will be up to him and his coaches. Which brings me to my theory, the difference between Lewis tonight and Minnesota, in which he appeared to have temporary rigor mortis in his right arm, some dumbass was telling him keep the turnovers minimal and we'll be ok. Nah, he's a stud. The game still seems a little quick for him, but you tell studs to go win us the game

lewis was really good tonight. he checked down, he moved around the pocket in a controlled way, he didn't hold the ball too long.

it was awesome to see. and the ol blocked better and the play calling was a little better.

that was a good football team that came to town. not elite, but good. so, this is an excellent win.

Congrats to the Buffs! Whatever they had in their water bottles needs to be packaged and sold worldwide.

Between the Air Force and the Buff OT games yesterday I was about worn out mentally. Whew.

Turkey shortage? No Problem. Many of the turkeys at Allbuffs can eat crow.

11/6/218:52 PMWin - 2 Team Parlay
  • Colorado +11.5 (-105)Oregon State @ Colorado
  • Over 55.5 (-110)Oregon State @ Colorado
11/6/218:52 PMWin - Single
  • Colorado +11.5 (-105)Oregon State @ Colorado

Last edited:
My boys were able to go to their first game of the season and they begged us all game “can we rush the field”? I kept saying it wouldn’t happen because it was just Oregon State but had no idea what would happen. When the student section jumped over onto the field, they started begging again and I couldn’t really say no. Within the first few seconds, we ran into Shenault. On the way to the car, both boys said it was one of the best nights of their lives. ❤️
So happy to see Shenault working his way back, he was academic athlete of the week this week as well I believe.

Turkey shortage? No Problem. Many of the turkeys at Allbuffs can eat crow.
The Office Boom GIF

As I mentioned, I was joined by OSU grad nephew. As we watched our students rush the feel he said, "I'll bet that's the first time anybody has ever rushed a field after beating us."

Probably. But our students have been great this season, and I was happy for them.
…as long as none of them made it difficult for you to get your car out of the lot.

He was so bad that it likely altered the entire season for this team, especially BLew and Brou.
Brou needed to just get the same blocking as last year and he seemed like he was stuffed every time
BLew is in development mode and he was getting destroyed and could have lost confidence
Vlachos would be just fine as the OL Coach if he can recruit, which with his background and his time at Alabama is worth testing out on a 1 year contract for $200k at most.
If Blew can learn how to step up in the pocket, he is showing a lot of potential, and his ceiling is EXTREMELY high, probably as high as Kordell Stewarts was.

Oh my.

About the cheerleader on the 60 yard kick.....i WAS confused about what the ball bounced off.

Wasn't goal post, wasn't the COLORADO embankment.

Explains. Ouch, hope no one got hurt.

Loved our resilience, gonna enjoy the W today.

That was fun. One of those games that felt winnable from kick-off. Thought we would Buff it when lead was blown, but it still felt winnable, I had confidence the team could drive then make a D stand.
Just felt different.

I didn’t make it to this one and watched on TV. The crowd looked really impressive and the announcers gave a lot of kudos to CU fandom. CU nation is ready to explode if we can build a winner.
Student section killed it again but the rest of the fanbase sucks

Our defense has become our biggest weakness
OSU was scoring like 33 points per game. They scored 27 in regulation, 34 total.

We have an average defense that gets to above average when Landman is healthy.

It's not our weakness. Our weakness was that our offense has been so far below average. It looked average against OSU, so if that holds we can compete these next 2 weeks. Our special teams may be a bit above average.

Nice win. OSU is a decent P12 team.

OL greatly improved. MY goodness, how bad could Coach Rod have been? Nice running lanes, good pass pro.

B Lewis is gonna be good. I have been optimistic since the UT game last year. He will be a very good QB if the OL can provide a run game and some blocking. He is just beginning to tap his potential.

The D was OK. OSU is a decent opponent, but what happened to Blackmon and Bethel? Why are the frosh manning to corners? With the exception of Gonzo, they look a little lost at times.

Punter and kicker are a strength.

Very good win. Fun game to watch.

The team played hard and I think they did well.

Go Buffs, beat UCLA.

It was good to see the crowd get jacked, and rush the field. After no attendance last year, and not having much to cheer about this year, beating a decent Beavs team on homecoming, in a 2 OT thriller.

B. Lew was slinging the ball nicely, multiple teams. Shenault, Rice did things, and the Arias that everyone has hoped for since the ‘18 UW game, made a cameo. Broussard had a fantastic run, after chipping away. The O-line played out of its mind, relative to the performances of this season.

given that the Buffs were without Landman, I think their performance could have been much worse. Many players on that end showed up last night. This is the glaring need to build on the next few years - a committee to fill that Landman factor.

lewis was really good tonight. he checked down, he moved around the pocket in a controlled way, he didn't hold the ball too long.

it was awesome to see. and the ol blocked better and the play calling was a little better.

that was a good football team that came to town. not elite, but good. so, this is an excellent win.
On that last (regulation) touchdown to Montana, I yelled, "he stepped up in the pocket!" even before he threw the strike. It was such a shock - I couldn't remember him doing it before - that I just blurted out.

All I ask for a floor is a competitive team. We weren't that this season outside of whatever the hell happened at mile high. First time I've regretted selling my ticket this season. Still 3 and 6, but at least there is a glimmer of hope for the future.

That Rodrigue hire/keeping him on staff is so bad. You can argue that one guy sank a whole season. Wow.

Visiting recruits were treated to a top shelf atmosphere last night. Unbelievable weather, decent crowd, entertaining game, resilient performance. Could make a difference come signing day for those kids.
Decent crowd. I was surprised how sparse the crowd was for a homecoming.

I stayed home from Arizona (awaiting a COVID test result), but the crowd for parents weekend looked much bigger than last night's homecoming crowd.

There have been some offensive improvements. However, Dorrell stating that thus victory was "a defining moment"? It was Oregon F..... State and Brian Lindgren.
I'm impressed the O line hasn't given up a sack in 2 games, is pulling more often and opening up bigger holes in the running game. But this was not a defining game, Ala 1987 when an up and coming CU team beat #3 Oklahoma. All expectations are tempered for me, this was Oregon F.... State and the other 2 victories are against Northern Colorado and Arizona. Beat UCLA and Utah and maybe the program has turned the corner. Lose the remaining games and folks will realize, this was Oregon F.... State.

Back