What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. Stanford Game Day Thread

I don't think anybody is shocked. 2-23 in the P12 is what has everybody in a lather. I think I can speak for everybody here and say losing sucks. A .080 win percentage in conference is going to provoke some irrational anger at the futility of your favorite team.....

I just don't think losing big to the #11 team w/ a Heisman finalist is going to cost MM his job this year. It's still highly likely he gets the full 2016 season before any moves are made.

Frankly I'm amused that some folks are shocked we got rolled today.

I would not be so sure of that. If we lose out, which is likely, RG will make a move.

The issue is that MM cannot recruit better. He has shown his ceiling as a recruiter and even facilities cannot save him.

Leavitt has shown that we can compete for players that other P5 teams want. M2 can compete in recruiting but he needs to make some staff changes and bring in a couple more guys who can perform at a high level.

Leavitt has shown that we can compete for players that other P5 teams want. M2 can compete in recruiting but he needs to make some staff changes and bring in a couple more guys who can perform at a high level.

Do you really think he will make any staff changes? Hos doppelganger never did that i recall. Everyone else seems to think changes in his staff need to be made and recruiting has to improve big time . But does our HC see or know this?

Stanford is a really good team with a senior quarterback and an offensive line loaded with seniors. I'm sure they got a wake up call last week. Not only by their result, but by ours.

He has competed for a few.

People really need to stop pointing fingers at the assistants everytime and start to point to the guy in charge and the one that hired all these guys.

We keep wanting to cut off arms and legs but we should probably be going for the head.

Do you really think he will make any staff changes? Hos doppelganger never did that i recall. Everyone else seems to think changes in his staff need to be made and recruiting has to improve big time . But does our HC see or know this?

He isn't stupid. He made changes last year.

He is tremendously loyal which is a strong point but also is why he brought in some of these guys in the first place. He has to see that A) it isn't working like it needs to and B) that if he doesn't start to win soon he whole staff is going to be unemployed.

The Leavitt and Tumpkins hires have paid off bigtime for him. That success may help him to be willing to make additional moves.

If he doesn't improve the recruiting production of the staff next year will likely be either his last year in Boulder or the dreaded "vote of confidence year."

This team is much, much better than it was when he took over but it is a wins in the standing business. That has to come or a change will be made. He knows that.

I'd say why wait, give Toby his pink slip now. Anybody that knows anything about football knew that onside was coming. Quit worrying about getting the damn bounce, kick a line drive right at somebody, it'll give you a better chance. The natural instinct is to try and catch it. The rest I have my ideas, what do y'all think?

I'd say why wait, give Toby his pink slip now. Anybody that knows anything about football knew that onside was coming. Quit worrying about getting the damn bounce, kick a line drive right at somebody, it'll give you a better chance. The natural instinct is to try and catch it. The rest I have my ideas, what do y'all think?

I'm less concerned about the onsides kick than I am about the pooch that ended up giving them the ball about midfield. For a guy who is a dedicated STs coach who doesn't recruit well to not have coverage and return teams that are a plus. On this team they are a negative. He needs to be told to update his resume. Maybe you give a GA a shot to show what he can do in the spot until the end of the season.

Looking at our recruiting class rankings, I have no reason to believe that we will be any more competitive next year. I say we rip the band-aid off now and focus on hiring someone with Coordinator experience in the P5.

Say MM doesn't get fired this year and is considered to be on the hottest of the hot seats. First, could he get an OC upgrade to come here being considered a lame duck as HC? Second, knowing it takes some time to learn a new offense, and also knowing its do or die time, is his best bet to stay with Lindgren and pray to God that a) we have no injuries, b) Sefo somehow slows the game down or c) Montez is the second coming.

I don't see him getting rid of BL, so upgrades are Neinas as a given and Bernardi should be playing golf. Jeffcoat would just be gravy.

This will be an interesting offseason again. Unfortunately they have been more exciting than the regular season.

To me, it would depend on who that OC is. Is it somebody willing to take over if Mac is fired? I'm not worried about DC. I know damn well what he told them on 3rd and 18 to absolutely stay deep and not get beat there, that is flat inexcusable for a senior.

I live in Houston, and UofH sucked last year, so they fired their coach and went out and hired the OC from Ohio State. Houston is undefeated and ranked as we speak. They are more talented and better coached then CU. They also have an ugly, concrete campus and negligible fan and student support. I don't understand why we need to be patient with MM when other coaches are doing more with less all around the country.
Slightly different competition level

Say MM doesn't get fired this year and is considered to be on the hottest of the hot seats. First, could he get an OC upgrade to come here being considered a lame duck as HC? Second, knowing it takes some time to learn a new offense, and also knowing its do or die time, is his best bet to stay with Lindgren and pray to God that a) we have no injuries, b) Sefo somehow slows the game down or c) Montez is the second coming.

I don't see him getting rid of BL, so upgrades are Neinas as a given and Bernardi should be playing golf. Jeffcoat would just be gravy.

This will be an interesting offseason again. Unfortunately they have been more exciting than the regular season.

That is the issue if you keep him. If MM is back you are stuck with BL or worse.

I'm less concerned about the onsides kick than I am about the pooch that ended up giving them the ball about midfield. For a guy who is a dedicated STs coach who doesn't recruit well to not have coverage and return teams that are a plus. On this team they are a negative. He needs to be told to update his resume. Maybe you give a GA a shot to show what he can do in the spot until the end of the season.
The pooch kick should have worked, actually, Stanford got really lucky on the bounce. I liked the call, the returners were looking right in the sun and the upback let it bounce. It just so happened to bounce perfectly backwards to a returner; it bounces any other way and its mayhem.

Here is one thing that bugs me about this staff: They do not seem to adjust to the competition at hand. It was as if they believed they had found the magic formula against UCLA and figured it would work against Stanford. It did not. I don't know anything about Stanford's strengths and weaknesses to say what we should've done differently, but it seems like we ran a similar game plan against them that we did last week.

Ucla was sleep walking last week because they didn't think we could win also
Always a concern when the Buffs play well against a good team - was it us, or them that made it close?

Same question today - are we that bad, or are they that good?

It's never clear-cut. Most likely the Buffs aren't as good as last week, not as bad as today seemed. They're 4-6 with 2 decent wins and 1 indecent loss. A win in the final 3 games is possible but not likely. Not a satisfying place to be for we who expected more, but (I hate this phrase) 'it is what it is.'

Until cu can beat a team it's not supposed to like Arizona or Oregon or UCLA I tend to believe teams look past us. Not as bad as the embree years, but they should NEVER be the yard stick we measure ourselves against.

Until cu can beat a team it's not supposed to like Arizona or Oregon or UCLA I tend to believe teams look past us. Not as bad as the embree years, but they should NEVER be the yard stick we measure ourselves against.

This is true. We are so much better than the Embree years but I feel like any competent coach could get us to this point. The question is can MM take us from competent to good?

This is true. We are so much better than the Embree years but I feel like any competent coach could get us to this point. The question is can MM take us from competent to good?
Why do people keep saying that we're competent?

As I sat there today watching this game my son told me why hasn't Sefo got any better, or Crawley or the WR or the defense or the OLine? Had to agree this staff has not done any player development in three years. I think RG better be putting offers out to real HC right now because this staff needs to be fired yesterday.

Back