What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

I don't think we could afford Lupoi even if MM wanted to hire him.

Made $550k this year. CU can probably offer in the $750-$900k range. If Alabama wanted to keep him, they can match that for a co-DC. Would really depend on if Tosh wanted back in the Pac-12 and to be in charge of the defense.

Just throwing a name out there... Hardy nickerson

I like the name for his California ties.

He's got a history with Lovie Smith, hard to see him leaving Illinois after their first season for the same position.

I haven't followed Illinois at all, but I know Lovie was always committed to running the Cover 2 from a 4-3 base in the NFL, I can't see Nickerson as being compatible with HCMM>

If going after former NFL greats, I like Mike Singletary's fire. Better hire than a Lupoi type.

Last edited:
If going after former NFL greats, I like Mike Singletary's fire. Better hire than a Lupoi type.

Actually not the worst take. Have no idea what his recruiting prowess is, but think he would be a good fit on the staff. At this point, even though I don't think it has any chance of happening, I would rather have Lupoi.

I think a co-DC type situation is more likely the more this drags on. Good candidates have said no or have already been hired elsewhere

spinner.gif

I had a fleeting thought about Singletary, too. He was at San Francisco from 2005-2010, the year MMac started at San Jose St. Not sure if they would have overlapped the way MMac and Leavitt did.

Singletary impresses me as sort of a rah-rah type which would translate well to coaching college kids. He's pretty religious too, which seems to sit well with the parents as a potential recruiter. I think he could be very effective if he ever chooses to go that direction.

I had a fleeting thought about Singletary, too. He was at San Francisco from 2005-2010, the year MMac started at San Jose St. Not sure if they would have overlapped the way MMac and Leavitt did.

Singletary impresses me as sort of a rah-rah type which would translate well to coaching college kids. He's pretty religious too, which seems to sit well with the parents as a potential recruiter. I think he could be very effective if he ever chooses to go that direction.
Singletary has never coached in college, but more importantly he went to ****Bailer.

You folks might as well settle in. I doubt anything will happen between now and NSD. But when it does happen, it will be glorious....or not.

Totally out there thought...... Brian Cabral!!!

He is interim coach at Indiana State waiting to see if they hire him or another coach.

Crazy?

Totally out there thought...... Brian Cabral!!!

He is interim coach at Indiana State waiting to see if they hire him or another coach.

Crazy?

It's actually not crazy. It wouldn't be a splash hire or anything, but he'd do a fine job. Not going to give much in recruiting these days, though.

I doubt that's the direction HCMM goes, though.

Back