What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

This really is getting ridiculous. We were joking about it taking until NLOI day, but it's looking more and more likely that will be the case. I'm a patient guy, but this is testing my patience. There better be a really good reason why this has taken so long.

This really is getting ridiculous. We were joking about it taking until NLOI day, but it's looking more and more likely that will be the case. I'm a patient guy, but this is testing my patience. There better be a really good reason why this has taken so long.
And because they owe it to you, I'm sure they'll let you know what that reason is

They owe me nothing. Do you not understand how message boards work? Or are you just being a dick?
They don't owe anybody here jack ****, it's fine to have an opinion though. I agree with yours though, they need to decide on someone. Get them paid and get them to work.

From what I understand, the current delay has nothing to do with the lack of a decision (or in this case decisions).

So, from what you understand, CU is hiring Matt Patricia to be our DC and we just have to wait until patriots are done with the playoffs/superbowl? I could deal with that.

Ulbrich actually would make a lot of sense.

From San Jose, CA
University of Hawaii LB
2000-2009 NFL LB 49ers (played with Patrick Willis)
2010-2012 Seahawks ST Asst
2012 Bruins LB Coach/ST Coord
2014 Bruins DC (Pac12 South Title)
2015- Falcons LB Coach

If HCMM is going to maintain a committee approach to ST, Ulbrich would be a really nice fit.

Ulbrich actually would make a lot of sense.

From San Jose, CA
University of Hawaii LB
2000-2009 NFL LB 49ers (played with Patrick Willis)
2010-2012 Seahawks ST Asst
2012 Bruins LB Coach/ST Coord
2014 Bruins DC (Pac12 South Title)
2015- Falcons LB Coach

If HCMM is going to maintain a committee approach to ST, Ulbrich would be a really nice fit.

Alright HCMM if this is your move and you make this happen, all will be forgiven. Keen to having Ulbrich come on board for sure.

Ulbrich is a massive tool, would not see him mixing well with MacIntyre. Don't see him leaving the NFL anytime soon.

Ulbrich is a massive tool, would not see him mixing well with MacIntyre. Don't see him leaving the NFL anytime soon.

If HCMM could stand Leavitt for three seasons, surely he can stand Ulbrich. No Conflict No Story?

They don't owe anybody here jack ****, it's fine to have an opinion though. I agree with yours though, they need to decide on someone. Get them paid and get them to work.

You recognize, of course, that CU football exists in an ecosystem that includes dependencies between players, coaches, athletic department administrators, university leadership, elected regents, boosters, fans, the media, sporting good manufacturers, conference officials, and the internet.

It is true, in legal terms, that they don't owe any one of us anything. But it's also true that, from the perspective of the CU ecosystem, happy fans make for a stronger program. Programs that feel like they don't owe the fans anything are called "intramurals".

You recognize, of course, that CU football exists in an ecosystem that includes dependencies between players, coaches, athletic department administrators, university leadership, elected regents, boosters, fans, the media, sporting good manufacturers, conference officials, and the internet.

It is true, in legal terms, that they don't owe any one of us anything. But it's also true that, from the perspective of the CU ecosystem, happy fans make for a stronger program. Programs that feel like they don't owe the fans anything are called "intramurals".
I get your point but they don't owe us on our timeline. Good point though.

I'd imagine that they have to keep their mouths shut while in discussion or negotiation.

Coaches don't look for guys they get along with when hiring assistants. They look for guys that can coach and make the program better. Honestly, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a lot of coaches who would get along with MM. His persona is somewhat of an outlier in the coaching world.

Back