What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

I think Eliot got a WR (his name is T.V. Williams, ended up transferring i think) from Texas three years ago on signing day, but other than that, we haven't really recruited anybody from Texas if i remember correctly. Eliot was assigned Tennessee and North Carolina for recruiting grounds but didn't really make any headway in the last couple of years. It did look like he was at least talking (mostly secondarily) to some studs in TN for 2018 though.
http://247sports.com/Recruitment/DAndre-Litaker-88941/RecruitInterests

http://247sports.com/Player/Justice-Dingle-92178

I know some here have alluded to the good recruiting classes Kentucky has put together as a bottom feeder in the SEC. Almost all of the credit should be given to the TE coach/recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow. Dude is a machine and can get almost anybody he wants, especially (and i mean especially) in Ohio. Michigan, Notre Dame, and a couple other powerhouses have come calling the past few years but he has stayed (he made the most money on the team, excluding coordinators and head coach, makes something like $375,000+). I mean, look at this dude's profile and his all time commits: http://247sports.com/Coach/Vince-Marrow-1504

this program has seriously squandered all of the momentum that it had 2 months ago when we were sitting at 10-2. our program looks like a tire fire now. crushed in the last two games of the season, looking like we didnt even belong on the field. lose good coaches. hire a guy who couldnt hold his position at a bottom feeder school. lose recruits. lame.

Are You a whiny little b**** or what?

I know some here have alluded to the good recruiting classes Kentucky has put together as a bottom feeder in the SEC. Almost all of the credit should be given to the TE coach/recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow. Dude is a machine and can get almost anybody he wants, especially (and i mean especially) in Ohio. Michigan, Notre Dame, and a couple other powerhouses have come calling the past few years but he has stayed (he made the most money on the team, excluding coordinators and head coach, makes something like $375,000+). I mean, look at this dude's profile and his all time commits: http://247sports.com/Coach/Vince-Marrow-1504
It was mentioned Bc people were making excuses for his poor defenses Bc he had poor recruits. I just stated they're decent recruiting classes to show they had talent. Wasn't giving credit anywhere.
With that guys prowess why didn't we hire him?!?!!

Deer god we should hire that guy to replace Bernardi!

This defense with all the starters gone was going to their lumps in 2017 anyway, if they can keep improving throughout the year and be pretty goid at the end, then I'm fine with that.

What I'm saying is, if the defense struggles early, elliot will be blamed and considering how many starters we lost, it was going to be a work in progress anyway.

Ps; No, I'm in no way shape or form comparing elliot to JL.

This defense with all the starters gone was going to their lumps in 2017 anyway, if they can keep improving throughout the year and be pretty goid at the end, then I'm fine with that.

What I'm saying is, if the defense struggles early, elliot will be blamed and considering how many starters we lost, it was going to be a work in progress anyway.

Ps; No, I'm in no way shape or form comparing elliot to JL.

Good points.

Schedule sets up for giving time to gel if we can get through CSU in the opener. Even the Washington game might not be as tough on the defense as expected with Browning coming off an injury and surgery to his throwing shoulder.

Sorry Duff but it is incredible that guys like Buff can still be whining about CU's situation when we just had such an incredible season. classic whining PITA. This thing is still so much fun. Gratitude would be better!

MM has received his gratitude 10 times over. It was an amazing season, happiest I've been in a long time. Happy for MM for the hard road paying off.

But you can understand the frustraion since the utah win right? The way cu got blown out last two games, coaches leaving, DC search etc...

2016 was an awesome year for the buffs . It's now 2017, new challenges ahead and this is no time to take two steps back.

Can we all agree that if CU's defense is ranked somewhere near the 80s next year that this was a bad hire? We have a lot to replace, but we also have a nice and easy OOC to fix any issues that come up. Lets just hope Texas State or Northern Colorado installs the triple option this summer or we could be in trouble..

Good points.

Schedule sets up for giving time to gel if we can get through CSU in the opener. Even the Washington game might not be as tough on the defense as expected with Browning coming off an injury and surgery to his throwing shoulder.

Good point as well, those 3 games should get the defense on same page and at least have them prepared for pac12 play. The offense may have to carry us early but expect the defense to get better as the season goes along which will bode very well for 2018.

Can we all agree that if CU's defense is ranked somewhere near the 80s next year that this was a bad hire? We have a lot to replace, but we also have a nice and easy OOC to fix any issues that come up. Lets just hope Texas State or Northern Colorado installs the triple option this summer or we could be in trouble..
We haven't officially made a hire yet and we're classifying how it can be a bad hire? Jesus. Let's slow down. I trust MM.

MM has received his gratitude 10 times over. It was an amazing season, happiest I've been in a long time. Happy for MM for the hard road paying off.

But you can understand the frustraion since the utah win right? The way cu got blown out last two games, coaches leaving, DC search etc...

2016 was an awesome year for the buffs . It's now 2017, new challenges ahead and this is no time to take two steps back.

I have a difficult time believing this staff is better today with this addition. He's a notch or two below Leavitt's level no matter how many COYs MM won this year. It's reasonable to question the wisdom of this hire at this point. Time will tell his worth.

I have a difficult time believing this staff is better today with this addition. He's a notch or two below Leavitt's level no matter how many COYs MM won this year. It's reasonable to question the wisdom of this hire at this point. Time will tell his worth.

I agree

Well get ready psycho because we are going to step back. Remember that our seniors are still a bunch of guys that no one else wanted and we graduated a ton of experience and leadership including a QB. We will be competitive in the PAC 12 south again and should make a bowl. Over the next two or three years, we will start to compete with them all as our recruiting will increase dramatically, but we will return to the mean. That is to be expected but it will still be so much better than it was. That is all we can ask for

Eesh, these threads are painful to read. Doesn't look like a great choice, but who knows anymore. Go Buffs!

From all that has leaked since Leavitt left, he barely recruited, or didn't put much effort into it. If Eliot is a big step there, one has to hope MM can negate the obvious issue with Eliot's defenses. I will wait and see how this works, but the bump in recruiting is about all I can muster up for a positive here.

You wanna play against the triple O and think it'll be easy? Maybe if they don't run it but that's tough to defend. Assignment football at its finest.

I'm not as down on this move as others. I've seen people mention his ability as a recruiter, but what about his position coaching? He's gotten three outside linebackers drafted in the last two drafts. I know it doesn't sound good on this front, but if Tumpkin comes back and helps manage the X's and O's on defense, particularly in the secondary, I see this as a solid hire.

I would expect a subtle jab at Leavitt's manhood if it were MacIntyre.

yhst-128412949713121_2266_129738921

I think Eliot got a WR (his name is T.V. Williams, ended up transferring i think) from Texas three years ago on signing day, but other than that, we haven't really recruited anybody from Texas if i remember correctly. Eliot was assigned Tennessee and North Carolina for recruiting grounds but didn't really make any headway in the last couple of years. It did look like he was at least talking (mostly secondarily) to some studs in TN for 2018 though.
http://247sports.com/Recruitment/DAndre-Litaker-88941/RecruitInterests

http://247sports.com/Player/Justice-Dingle-92178
serious question... why would anyone go to Lexington to play football... it should be as hard to recruit as Wyoming or Idaho

I wonder what the lifespan is for the "trust Mac" line. I know there is a crowd here that is going to stick to that regardless of record next year. They shouldn't. Any worse than 7-5 combined with the last six weeks or so means to me that we still don't know what we have in MacIntyre.

Don't get me wrong, he deserves all the accolades for this season and I love the persona he puts out there. But it is one season in what was a down year for the conference. He's profited immensely from that, I don't think he also deserves perpetual unwavering "trust" from the fan base/boosters.

I wonder what the lifespan is for the "trust Mac" line. I know there is a crowd here that is going to stick to that regardless of record next year. They shouldn't. Any worse than 7-5 combined with the last six weeks or so means to me that we still don't know what we have in MacIntyre.

Don't get me wrong, he deserves all the accolades for this season and I love the persona he puts out there. But it is one season in what was a down year for the conference. He's profited immensely from that, I don't think he also deserves perpetual unwavering "trust" from the fan base/boosters.

For sure. But as long as he's winning and delivering Top 30 recruiting classes I'll give him the benefit of most doubts. And right now, that's what he is.

Back