What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

Well yeah, the source has been at CU
Dumb And Dumber GIF

It was tough to watch because of his directness, but knowing where he came from I am sure seeing what CU offers and seeing a 1-11 football team pissed him off to no end.

I am hoping that a large portion of those players in that locker room took this as a challenge and rise to it.

There may be an extremely high level of turnover this year, but I am confident as ever that CU will be a winning program again in the near future

It was tough to watch because of his directness, but knowing where he came from I am sure seeing what CU offers and seeing a 1-11 football team pissed him off to no end.

I am hoping that a large portion of those players in that locker room took this as a challenge and rise to it.

There may be an extremely high level of turnover this year, but I am confident as ever that CU will be a winning program again in the near future
I think once he saw the facilities it probably baffled him on why the program was in such shambles. Some of the nicest facilities I've ever seen. No offense to some of the players but they didn't exactly look like they had been hitting that state of the art weight room that hard way to much complacency.

$15 or $10mil ain’t stopping FSU from coming.

It is what it is. I’ll enjoy the ride
Lol ok, but no coach is going to agree to a $30-$40m/year buyout, soooo?

It’s not really meant to be a deterrent anymore, IMO, just more of an insurance policy for the school.

If Prime stays at CU for a while, it’ll be because he truly loves it here, knows he can compete at the highest level, and doesn’t care to start over at another program in his late 50s.

I didn't know he played offense in the NFL. But it looks like he's got more receptions than interceptions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-194107.png
    Screenshot_20221204-194107.png
    409 KB · Views: 46
Yeah I don’t get how it was hard to watch. Maybe I’m just heartless (likely) but I felt inspired and pumped watching that video. That’s somebody I would want to coach me, not somebody I would want to run away from. It’s not going to be easy but he will bring the best out of every single player that he lets stay on the team.
You know what was hard to watch? Watching my alma mater getting obliterated every ****ing week.

This all still feels very surreal
I actually don't believe it. Doesn't even seem possible in the slightest sense. Finally been in allbuffs/netbuffs/ESPN fan forum etc since middle school in the 90s and was about ready to give it all up about two months ago.

This is from 2014. Is it still valid? How does it work in our current situation (ie, player says “F it, I’m staying”)

“I don’t want to think I got Tarzan, and then get to the game and find out I got Jane”

@Uncle Ken we need you to spin this ASAP
Dear Women's Studies Program Chair,

What our esteemed coach is attempting to say with his metaphor is that in the admittedly archaic Tarzan series, while uncomfortably celebrating colonialism, Edgar Rice Burroughs depicts Tarzan as the character most likely to excel on the gridiron, and Jane as less capable in that role. Coach Prime celebrates many of Jane's other qualities and wishes to add that he's deeply offended by the depictions of gender and race throughout the series.

Before you advance your complaint to the next level, I'd invite you to consider if you'd rather have Tarzan on your football team or Jane. Coach Prime also believes that Kitty Bennett would be a superior football player to her sister Lizzie and is committed to using that analogy in future addresses to his team.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Back