What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

Wearing a Nike hat. Is it a Buffs hat?
I thought they should have given him a better quality hat. The iron-on decal doesn't do it for me. We do have hats with cloth emblems.

Proceeding with my good sense of taste: how about that Crocs guy gets on board, with some money, and turns out a line of Crocs that are university/athletic related. A croc for each big university. Okay, that isn't going to fly, but what a wonderful time this is. I'm enjoying this a lot.

Dear Women's Studies Program Chair,

What our esteemed coach is attempting to say with his metaphor is that in the admittedly archaic Tarzan series, while uncomfortably celebrating colonialism, Edgar Rice Burroughs depicts Tarzan as the character most likely to excel on the gridiron, and Jane as less capable in that role. Coach Prime celebrates many of Jane's other qualities and wishes to add that he's deeply offended by the depictions of gender and race throughout the series.

Before you advance your complaint to the next level, I'd invite you to consider if you'd rather have Tarzan on your football team or Jane. Coach Prime also believes that Kitty Bennett would be a superior football player to her sister Lizzie and is committed to using that analogy in future addresses to his team.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.
😂😂😂. Well Done!!!

Vic just said yesterday’s was the single biggest, most important press conference in Colorado that he has ever seen. Only rivaled by Elway’s retirement presser.

The 92.5 guys said their three hours will mostly be devoted to CU. Vic said if other shows devote the bulk of their time to the Broncos they don’t understand the pulse of the state.

I honestly had trouble sleeping last night thinking about the Buffs.

It’s like Christmas night after Ralphie got his official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!
Santa Claus GIF by filmeditor

$15 million, $10 million, $8 million, $5 million. Those are the buyout numbers for the next 4 years. Sweet!!

Vic just said yesterday’s was the single biggest, most important press conference in Colorado that he has ever seen. Only rivaled by Elway’s retirement presser.

The 92.5 guys said their three hours will mostly be devoted to CU. Vic said if other shows devote the bulk of their time to the Broncos they don’t understand the pulse of the state.
RG live on 92.5 at 9:40

RG to Vic: “We don’t have the money yet but we are confident we will get it.” Whoa!!

I think once he saw the facilities it probably baffled him on why the program was in such shambles. Some of the nicest facilities I've ever seen. No offense to some of the players but they didn't exactly look like they had been hitting that state of the art weight room that hard way to much complacency.
The primary reason for what can be perceived as my animosity toward the current roster is exactly this. I have been fed too many stories this year from trusted sources of how a very large portion of this team really didn't put in the work they could've in the offseason and basically gave up on the actual season after they got the one win. Not going 0-12 was the only motivation they had and once that was achieved, they didn't give two sh!ts the rest of the way. Squandering a once in a lifetime opportunity is bullsh!t. Flip the damn roster and push guys out. I don't care. Neither should you.

As NYC said… he runs an organization that relies heavily on charitable donations. Saying anything other than that would be dumb. There is never enough money
And I’m sure he knows the pulse of his boosters and what they will be willing to commit. I’m also sure Saliman, and even the regents, have given him confidence that he can make the financial commitments necessary. (Go for it. We’ve got your back.)

My greatest hope is that Coach Prime will energize non CU fans in the area to become CU fans. Back in the 60s and 70s CU football tightly supported in the Metro Area. That has been lost over time but I believe we can win people over with someone like Coach Prime. Just look how many people have adopted the Avalanche, most of them were not even hockey fans. With greater local support CU can become a factor.

Last edited:
My greatest hope is that Coach Prime will energize non CU fans in the area to become CU fans. Back in the 60s and 70s CU football tightly supported in the Metro Area. That has been loss over time but I believe we can win people over with someone like Coach Prime. Just look how many people have adopted the Avalanche, most of them were not even hockey fans. With greater local support CU can become a factor.
Getting the casuals involved, getting HS and middle school kids excited about CU, and getting the elementary aged kids to grow up with an exciting program to root for will do big things for years.

My crazy optimistic hope for Prime is that his kids love CU, his family loves Boulder, and (with his age) he decides to build his legacy here rather than jump around.

The fear is that every school in the nation is now aware of how the optics have changed in the last 48 hours, and will pounce.

Getting the casuals involved, getting HS and middle school kids excited about CU, and getting the elementary aged kids to grow up with an exciting program to root for will do big things for years.

In a way I think you need to try to position it not just as a school or football team, but in a lifestyle brand kinda sense. Deion transcends industries and is way more than just an athlete. Think of the Yankees, for example, with the NY wordmark. I think that's a direction you should explore going into also as CU's logos and wordmarks are pretty cool, I think.

Bingo. If you get people with no team allegiance to start following you as a young kid, or as a college kid that's having the time of their life going to football games and making memories, that's how fans for life are created. That's how people like the folks on this board stay true to a team even during 20 years of absolute suck.

Aggie owing Fisher 75m+ doesn't isn't supposed to be an issue in their decision whether he stays or goes so if someone wants Prime the buyout, any buyout, is just a number.
I think Kirby Smarts buyout is $103 million. I think that would be too much for any program to absorb.

I hate sports talk radio. Especially the Fan. I don't listen to it.

Except today, I had to just see what was going on, and sure enough, Mike Evans and Mark Schlereth were talking CU football. On the morning after a Broncos game.

I actually wonder if the Denver sports media getting sick of talking/writing about such a moribund franchise 24/7/365.

Maybe they're going to love the respite.

I hate sports talk radio. Especially the Fan. I don't listen to it.

Except today, I had to just see what was going on, and sure enough, Mike Evans and Mark Schlereth were talking CU football. On the morning after a Broncos game.

I actually wonder if the Denver sports media getting sick of talking/writing about such a moribund franchise 24/7/365.

Maybe they're going to love the respite.
They have to talk Broncos because that's what rates and that's what keeps the station running, so I don't blame them. However, the unintended consequence of all broncos, all the time, is that they have guys like Schlereth, DMac, Evan, now Derek Wolfe, Brandon Stokley, Orlando Franklin, etc who can talk Broncos and NFL with the best of them, but don't have a clue about College Football

Neuweasel just called coach Prime a hypocrite for telling his players at JSU not to bail in the portal and then telling the CU players to kick rocks in the portal.
What a moron. There is such a difference between most of the JSU players who aren't getting a shot anywhere else and Colorado players who should probably be playing for a JSU level program.

Back