What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Fall Camp Thread 2015

Because looking at a picture is a great way to know how much someone weighs...

I mean, the kid next to him is 240 so I guess he doesn't weigh 200 either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually yes, it is. And there are about 5 picture of him in that gallery, so it's not hard to do. He's thin. But you're right he could be 350 there, because hey, it's only a picture. :rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Actually yes, it is. And there are about 5 picture of him in that gallery, so it's not hard to do. He's thin. But you're right he could be 350 there, because hey, it's only a picture. :rolling_eyes:

A picture is not a good way to judge how much someone weighs, estimating weight in general is extremely difficult in general. McCartney is 240 so he's got about 15lbs on Gillam, but they look very similar in size.

I'm going to trust the coaches and their roster at this point.

A picture is not a good way to judge how much someone weighs, estimating weight in general is extremely difficult in general. McCartney is 240 so he's got about 15lbs on Gillam, but they look very similar in size.

I'm going to trust the coaches and their roster at this point.

I don't know how much he weighs, but you can't honestly say they look very similar in size.

Addison Gillam in 2013:

20130418__19dcsbufw_500.jpg

Between injuries and chronic bronchitis, Addison lost a lot of weight from what you see in that photo and gutted it out last year through that.

Why I was happy with the photos I saw today is that he's back to being at least as big as what we see above when he was a freshman AA. In fact, he looks bigger than that to me.

And as I mentioned, we didn't see a special helmet as a result of that concussion last year.

We also didn't see the knee brace (fall camp last year):
images

And we didn't see the elbow brace (first game last year):
20141115__20141116_CC12_SP16FBCCU~p1.JPG

Bottom line: Addison is healthy again and back to being Addison. We should be happy.

I don't know how much he weighs, but you can't honestly say they look very similar in size.
I would not guess that one has 15lbs on the other.

Doesn't matter, eyeballing weight is extremely difficult and basically useless. Yes the #'s on the roster may be exagerated a little, but that's common across the country across all sports and is a helluva lot better way to see how tall or heavy someone is.

Bottom line: Addison is healthy again and back to being Addison. We should be happy.

I hope he is and he has a great season. But he's been through too much to assume that he's 100% healthy and will go back to being what he was, especially on day 1 of camp. We really need to see it in a game from him, because right now, there are just too many question marks.

About picking uniforms for the whole season, including post season:

Senior safety Jered Bell was asked what it says about the change in the level of confidence inside the program that CU's seniors were willing to select a postseason uniform.
"We have to have it if we're going to do what we know we can do," Bell said. "If we don't have the confidence then there is no point being out here to play ball. We've got to speak it into existence."

bdc

He is one hit away from a season/career ending concussion. I'm not counting on him finishing the season...hope I'm wrong though...concussions suck and I wouldn't wish that on anyone...except maybe fatbuff...he apparently already suffers from a head injury :lol:

He is one hit away from a season/career ending concussion. I'm not counting on him finishing the season...hope I'm wrong though...concussions suck and I wouldn't wish that on anyone...except maybe fatbuff...he apparently already suffers from a head injury :lol:

So is EVERY player. Every football player in the world is one play away from a torn ligament, or a major bone breakage, or a serious concussion.

Literally every player has that risk. Gillam is wearing a helmet that is specifically designed to reduce the chance of concussions. Doing everything he can to prevent them.

Can I get a translation of that? ^

Also, get off my lawn.

Ross = "up" "hands up in celebration" = must be looking as good as advertised
Kickers = "raised fist" "shoe" = had a good day, confirmed by mac in interview above
Moeller = "up" "time" "rising bars" = improving, more playing time
McCartney = "frog" "tea" its a reference to a meme, not sure exactly what TZ meant though (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/but-thats-none-of-my-business)
Crawley = "lock" "island" = Crawley being Crawley
Leavitt = "battery" "rabbit" = Energizer Bunny.

[tweet]629372114160762880[/tweet]

Last edited:
Back