What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Fall Camp Thread 2015

Funny thing is while many were slobbering on Rippy's knob over the summer, Rick "he doesn't deserve a scholarship" was doing work and in every way possible and has become a Leavitt favorite. Gamboa is the single most maligned recruit in the history of HCMM, and yet appears to be a staff favorite.

And that's a rather large set here at AB! Just waiting fo the light to turn on was Gamboa's deal.

Recruit decent athletes with character and give 'em the tools to succeed and the switch to that light bulb..

Freak'n Allsome! Relish in these moments kids. Usually only get these cool moments in time occasionally. Like BuffNut said - come out to the games, show up early, enjoy beautiful Folsom Field Shoulder to Shoulder and cheer loud.

This picture has now completely made me give up on the star rating system. Yuri is 3 years older than Fisher and Oliver and yet way smaller, oh yeah Fisher and Oliver are also fast.

So why are Fisher and Oliver not better than Crawley?

Coming into fall camp, i was most interested to hear about Dylan Keeney. His hs tape was absurdly good and Mac gushed over him multiple times following signing day. After reading Ryan's article on him, my feeling is that Dylan is going to be like how Shay Fields was last year. We heard a lot of good things about Shay in the offseason but then BOOM, the CSU game happened and he had like 7 catches and we realized this freshman was going to get serious PT. I think Mac playing down the Keeney discussion is tactical and we are going to be surprised by Keeney's role. I could be completely wrong, but i think he is a secret weapon that Mac is waiting to unload.

http://bsndenver.com/cu-buffs-keeney-could-make-a-real-difference-in-the-passing-game/

That pic, L to R is:
Fisher, Oliver, Yuri, Bergner (PWO), Crawley, Chidobe, Witherspoon (goofy hat) and Walker. Then Coach Clark

So why are Fisher and Oliver not better than Crawley?
Huh? It's has nothing to do with Crawley, it's just me not liking or understanding how the star system works. I don't see how Yuri could have possibly been rated a consensus 4 star. Obviously there have been a lot of misses over the years as Gundy recently stated "we got worse when we started chasing stars."
And Oliver and Fisher probably will be better than Crawley comparing freshman seasons

Huh? It's has nothing to do with Crawley, it's just me not liking or understanding how the star system works. I don't see how Yuri could have possibly been rated a consensus 4 star. Obviously there have been a lot of misses over the years as Gundy recently stated "we got worse when we started chasing stars."
And Oliver and Fisher probably will be better than Crawley comparing freshman seasons
understand that the star system isn't about surety, it's about probability, and then your confusion will clear.

#5 Yuri looks like a child. What a waste. #7 is jacked. Nick Fisher? Holy ish if so. This is the guy we haven't been talking about? Isiah Oliver must be a stud if so.

General observations from today's practice--the first I've been able to watch since last fall camp:

1) I'm repeating something that has been said a hundred times here, but I'm impressed with the size of the team compared to previous years, especially at DB, OL, and RB. DB's especially look like the type of athletes I used to watch when I was at Florida.

2) Overall team speed and quickness is still a concern, especially on defense, but things are trending in the right direction.

3) I'm worried about the defensive line. The starters are marginal at best and there's almost no depth. Hold your breath and pray we don't have any injuries up front. I'm not going to pick on any specific kids, but this unit looks like a Sun Belt line. Our OLBs have to step up big time.

4) Some decent looking athletes at LB, but I just hope they're picking up the system. Looked like a lot of thinking and not as much instinctive play out there. Falo looks like he could turn into a player. Didn't notice Gamboa at all. Watanabe is a bowling ball and loves contact.

5) Sefo looks like he has complete command of the offense and he'd be the far and away clear #1 if you just walked in off the street and didn't know anything about the team. He definitely added good weight and just looks so solid out there. Really zipping the ball. Didn't notice any problems throwing to his left.

6) We ought to be able to get a lot of guys in the game at WR and stay fresh for uptempo pace. Spruce and Fields are clearly the top two guys, but I like the bodies they can throw out there to supplement them.

7) Starting O-line practiced too far away to take a good look but the offense appeared to be moving the ball fine. The 2's and 3's are shaky.

8) Montez will be a good one. Raw skills galore. Needs to redshirt and work a ton on his technique and footwork.

9) Awini looks the part but he's still learning. Expect to see him on special teams and the occasional situational package where he's not asked to do too much.

10) Couldn't tell anything about the kicking game.

Overall, this team just doesn't have enough "dudes", especially in the trenches, to crack the top half of the PAC 12. We'll need to stay healthy and get some bounces to go our way to get to 7 wins, but I think we have enough firepower to steal a couple wins we're not "supposed" to get. At the very least, this team should be more fun to watch. No more of the overwhelmed, undisciplined circus act we've seen for much of the past decade.

General observations from today's practice--the first I've been able to watch since last fall camp:

1) I'm repeating something that has been said a hundred times here, but I'm impressed with the size of the team compared to previous years, especially at DB, OL, and RB. DB's especially look like the type of athletes I used to watch when I was at Florida.

2) Overall team speed and quickness is still a concern, especially on defense, but things are trending in the right direction.

3) I'm worried about the defensive line. The starters are marginal at best and there's almost no depth. Hold your breath and pray we don't have any injuries up front. I'm not going to pick on any specific kids, but this unit looks like a Sun Belt line. Our OLBs have to step up big time.

4) Some decent looking athletes at LB, but I just hope they're picking up the system. Looked like a lot of thinking and not as much instinctive play out there. Falo looks like he could turn into a player. Didn't notice Gamboa at all. Watanabe is a bowling ball and loves contact.

5) Sefo looks like he has complete command of the offense and he'd be the far and away clear #1 if you just walked in off the street and didn't know anything about the team. He definitely added good weight and just looks so solid out there. Really zipping the ball. Didn't notice any problems throwing to his left.

6) We ought to be able to get a lot of guys in the game at WR and stay fresh for uptempo pace. Spruce and Fields are clearly the top two guys, but I like the bodies they can throw out there to supplement them.

7) Starting O-line practiced too far away to take a good look but the offense appeared to be moving the ball fine. The 2's and 3's are shaky.

8) Montez will be a good one. Raw skills galore. Needs to redshirt and work a ton on his technique and footwork.

9) Awini looks the part but he's still learning. Expect to see him on special teams and the occasional situational package where he's not asked to do too much.

Overall, this team just doesn't have enough "dudes", especially in the trenches, to crack the top half of the PAC 12. We'll need to stay healthy and get some bounces to go our way to get to 7 wins, but I think we have enough firepower to steal a couple wins we're not "supposed" to get. At the very least, this team should be more fun to watch. No more of the overwhelmed, undisciplined circus act we've seen for much of the past decade.
Post more, Goldy. Well said.

Goldy, come on man, you are supposed to pump they hype, not give us this objective crap!

Good job.

Darth and Duff are correct - and are we seriously going to have this discussion yet again?
There is no right or wrong it's opinion and I didn't say there wasn't validity in fact I think it's pretty easy to pick 5 stars but after that it's a crap shoot. Conversation over

Thank you! Hopefully our new DC will scheme up the front 7 and give us a chance

Good stuff and thanks for the report. I was scared too death last year about our front 7 on D and still very worried for this year. I think a multiple D will at least keep O coordinators thinking, rather than knowing exactly what we are running. I think we have DE's in our 3-4 who can make lots of plays, but worry about holding the point of attack consistently on running downs.

Back