What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Fall Camp Thread 2015

When should we anticipate a revised "penciled-in" depth chart? Or does a depth chart not get released until game week?

When should we anticipate a revised "penciled-in" depth chart? Or does a depth chart not get released until game week?

iirc, the depth chart we saw before the CSU opener last year wasn't even totally accurate.

Rather see an errant and stupidly-thrown pass hit him in the pads than jam his fingers!

I still have a crooked, misshapen digit many years after trying to catch someone's stupid "surprise fastball" pass which jammed my finger! Of course that was back when we wore onions in our belts......

I guess this thread works. If you follow the Snapchat account @cubuffsfootball you would have gotten a sighting of the new Barber in our new facility.

CPDrw85.jpg

more good news on Gamboa. No word on watanabe though. (edit: heh, I was wrong)

Last edited:
really starting to like the thought of Awini playing a hybrid role. He can really cover too.

Rather see an errant and stupidly-thrown pass hit him in the pads than jam his fingers!

I still have a crooked, misshapen digit many years after trying to catch someone's stupid "surprise fastball" pass which jammed my finger! Of course that was back when we wore onions in our belts......

You grew up with DBT? Small world, eh?

Funny thing is while many were slobbering on Rippy's knob over the summer, Rick "he doesn't deserve a scholarship" was doing work and in every way possible and has become a Leavitt favorite. Gamboa is the single most maligned recruit in the history of HCMM, and yet appears to be a staff favorite.

Funny thing is while many were slobbering on Rippy's knob over the summer, Rick "he doesn't deserve a scholarship" was doing work and in every way possible and has become a Leavitt favorite. Gamboa is the single most maligned recruit in the history of HCMM, and yet appears to be a staff favorite.

I was down on Gamboa last year. With Watanabe's injury making him unavailable in 2014 and the thin depth at LB, there was an opportunity for him to play as a true frosh. When I saw that he showed up out of shape, I was upset about it and I was also worried that he was one of those guys who had gotten his free ride & didn't really care any more. (We have a few of those guys still on the team that I expect to be gone early after this season completes.) So I was incredibly excited when I saw Gamboa this fall and he looks like a guy who is going to be a major contributor the next 4 years.

I talked to one of the guys from CU_Video. He said Rippy is one of the laziest football players he's ever seen. Rippy is the kid to complain and whine about every drill.

Whoa pump the brakes

I was down on Gamboa last year. With Watanabe's injury making him unavailable in 2014 and the thin depth at LB, there was an opportunity for him to play as a true frosh. When I saw that he showed up out of shape, I was upset about it and I was also worried that he was one of those guys who had gotten his free ride & didn't really care any more. (We have a few of those guys still on the team that I expect to be gone early after this season completes.) So I was incredibly excited when I saw Gamboa this fall and he looks like a guy who is going to be a major contributor the next 4 years.

I get that and I know you're not pointing out news to me about some free-loaders! I'm the great crusader against the free-loaders as it's my pet peave. Use what God gave you son!

However, a lot of posters on here completely buried Gamboa as a complete waste (not big enough, not fast enough, etc) of a scholarship as late as a few weeks ago. In the discussion of attrition on another thread for one.

I think it's fair to say that Baer had his faults and recruiting was not his strong suit, but he has been a good evaluator of talent at LB.
Those SJSU Linebackers were REALLY good when they won 11 games.

I think the rule to live by here is we shouldn't trash a kid before he's proven himself unworthy of his scholarship. For whatever reason, Gamboa became the poster child for Kent Baer's poor recruiting.

Back