What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official game thread CU v csu 8/31 @7:30 pm

That video is great at about the 25 second mark... a CSU fan in the stands looks completely scared about getting run over by ralphie.... just like the fear CSU showed

CSU looked pathetic lining up on D on the first couple drives. Like completely lost

Detailed CSU stats. SIAP

Caught my eye

Throws on first down
DL snaps and performance
OL grades.

https://static.cubuffs.com/custompages/football/2018/custats.pdf
Love looking at these, particularly in games like this where we can play a lot of depth.

Mulumba did not get a lot of snaps which was interesting. Tui got a lot at NT- good to get him a lot of reps considering he will be our only returning NT with experience.

Can’t pretend to understand how the OL are graded

So the o linemen who graded out best were playing in garbage time?

No surprise. In garbage time they play against backup DL who from CSU are garbage. Bigger factor is there is much less opportunity for mistakes at that point in the game. They aren't doing pass protection, they aren't running anything complicated in the running game. Basically just simple stuff against a defense that has all but given up.

re watched some of the game. That was not roughing the kicker by Udofia. Also, Laviska is a heck of a blocker.
Ref got fooled on the roughing. Kicker finished the kick, had his foot in the air, Udoffia was on the ground a half yard in front of him, and the kicker hopped forward another step with his leg still up in the air so that he tripped over him. Really bad call.

Some observations, speculations & question:
1) Personally I raised my 6 win season expectation to 8, my reason is Chiaverini's play calling and use of the skill sets he's inherited.
2) Shenault can block as well as catch.
3) Haigler is way better than he was last year.
4) We will see McMillian throw at least one pass this season.
5) Chiaverini saw everything he needed to in the first half, probably felt like a kid in a candy store in the second.
6) Lynott will have a shot at the league.
7) I was trying to keep tabs on potential red shirts under the new rule and only have one Dimitri Stanley.
8) CU is so heavy with WR talent it's not even funny, Shenault & Nixon may have 5-6 recepts against the corn LMAO it won't matter in a CU win.
9) 25/40 play split pass to rush..compare those numbers to week 1 PAC 12.
No way on God's green Earth Utah or AZ wins the South it'll come down to CU & USC.
2 weeks from now we'll crack the top 25.
Buckle up I/we are going to watch this season unfold without going overboard: CU will lead the league in yards from scrimmage, net punting, receiving yards, QB rating, yards per play.
In reality if there is such a thing as the perfect storm 10 Ws. I'll be able to believe that MM is more than a "fixer".

It’s okay to love a win, so long as you don’t, you know, LOVE a win.
I wonder how many Oregon & Stanford fans came away thinking the same after game 1 after an off season of Heisman rhetoric?
There's a difference between looking up (CU) and looking down (UW) albeit it's only one game neither of which should now believe they're set for the season.
For the record I believe Browning is overrated stemming back to 16 in the championship game (Thompson could've have 2 picks if he'd played the ball)< Homer
Without 3-4 NFL draftees MM is at an impasse in 18, so much of 16 is/was attributed to Leavitt. It's a long shadow that with the contract extension...win/lose will play itself out.
Truth...until CU takes down USC it's knu all over again and we're the step child always trying to prove we belong until we do.
This is why I don't consider uu a rival, they're not the best in the division year in and year out it's USC.
Got to piss on a big tree if you want to run with the big dogs..

Back