What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official game thread CU v csu 8/31 @7:30 pm

Yep. While i love the outcome, i don't know how much we really know about this team yet. CSU is just awful. They might go winless this year.

Luckily for them they have an FCS team in Illinois State and an equally terrible MWC team in San Jose State both at home, so I would think they'll win one or both of those. Everything else is questionable.

He decided to just go super sarcastic about CSU's defense instead of giving CU any credit.

The first two you could make an argument that he's just being a sports fan, like Chris Fowler gets to be, but the sarcasm in tweeting a link to his own newspaper is pretty bad. Of course, look at the location stamp, too.

I saw this post again and had to add a comment.

Is this guy the typical CSU football fan or what? No mention of the Mountain West, no mention of Wyoming, Air Force, or going to bowl games.

Simply CU. CSU can't beat CU, so he's done supporting the football program.

That's why their stadium is never full, why they will never have a self-sufficient football program, and why they'll never get a P5 invite. Their fans are as fair-weather as they come.

kNu is certainly be better than CSU, but they haven't exactly been world beaters of their distant past either. Of course, we may have a better idea tonight after they take on the mighty Zips of Akron.

Let's not think too much of CU at this point, but no need to think too much of the niblets either. Hell, their new coach may not find fixing his alma mater as easy as fixing a G5 team in the middle of some of the most productive recruiting grounds in the country.

In a game loaded with slick plays the one that sticks in my mind is Steven's TD pass to Winfree. This year's WR contingent is great.

And yet Little Mac was kind of quiet, and Ento is apparently stuck on 2nd Team and hopefully works harder and gets on the field more.

And yet Little Mac was kind of quiet, and Ento is apparently stuck on 2nd Team and hopefully works harder and gets on the field more.

If my memory isn't failing me Lil' Mac was the target on the ball that got intercepted. Had Montez put that ball over the top he was a couple of steps behind the DBs and could have easily scored.

CSU never figured out the swings to Shenault so they kept going to them. Future opponents will see that tape and try to adjust up so the other receivers will have plenty of opportunities

Good first game. There were some issues in the secondary and receivers dropping passes. But overall good pre season game.
Receivers dropping passes was an issue? Montez was 22-25 with one terrible throw for an interception. That’s two passes unaccounted for, in case you were wondering.

We know Chev calls an interesting game. Execution against the lambs doesn't say much about whatexecution against the nubs will be. I think Montez may do more RPO, because the cornholers will key on that pass in the flat.

My CSU alum brother was at the game.

His take was that probably no one knows how good CU's offense is because CSU's defense is so bad, but he felt that the defense showed something in shutting CSU's offense down as much as they did.

He has no illusions about what CSU's season is going to be like, but he felt like CU had a lot more to do with what CSU's offense looked like than anything.

Incidentally, he was saying he thinks Bobo should take a month or two off. I'm not sure I disagree with him. Bobo looked so uncomfortable last night, it's hard to believe he was able to be completely on top of things.

Hawaii and therefore CSU may be better than we thought.

Bows just jumped up 14-0 on Navy.

Back