What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: MBB vs Cal State Bakersfield

He's too stupid to put the crayons away properly.

-- Craig James may or may not have killed five hookers. --

Likely cannot color within the lines, either. Especially when he is loaded.

Obviously an ugly win tonight, but after the Wyoming game it's a start. Four Buffs were in double figures tonight: Roberson with 18, Carlon 15, Dinwiddie 13 and Dufault 10. Chen had a nice game as well with 6 points and lots of hustle. Nate was completely nonexistent and Adams continued to struggle. The big concern is that Cain didn't play. Need to get stronger on the boards - tied 27-27 tonight. Have to do better than that against a team like CSU-Bakersfield. Shooting 2/10 from the bonusphere isn't going to cut it either, but nothing new there. We just don't have a deep threat and that really hurts us. Overall, we did shoot 50% and made 85% of our FT's after missing the first few, so that's good sign.

Next up is Texas Southern. Certainly need to get a W in that one as well.

Go Buffs

Edit: Boyle says Cain is sick.

Last edited:
Will any Pac squad beat a Top 25 team this year?

This is such a pathetic conference in BBall right now...

Not unless someone pulls an upset in these final few OOC games, because it's hard to imagine any Pac team being in the top 25 in order to be upset in league play! Perhaps Cal, but..

Glad I was grilling my fish on the beach rather than fighting the weather to watch that garbage. Attendance?

6 down, 10 to go.

Goal number 1 is to at least be a .500 team so that we get to the post-season.

This team could go either way once we get to conference play.

6 down, 10 to go.

Goal number 1 is to at least be a .500 team so that we get to the post-season.

This team could go either way once we get to conference play.

Definitely hard to tell. So much of it hinges on Cain. The production we got from Carlon tonight was a good sign, we need that from him every night and there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to give us that.

It's hard to imagine a loss to Texas Southern or New Orleans - even if we play badly - so we'll say 8-4 heading into league play. It sounds funny to even say this given that we certainly haven't seen the team gel, found a solid rotation, gotten good leadership, etc. at this point, but it looks like somewhere around .500 is the most likely scenario for where the Buffs will finish in league play. In most years it would be hard to see anything more than a few wins in conference play for a team currently struggling to the degree the Buffs are

I do think we'll see this team show solid improvement as we head into January and February. It's going to start coming together. That said, I'm glad we've still got two OOC games and then Utah to get things figured out and start Pac-12 basketball on a winning note. Still can't believe UW lost at home to South Dakota State by 21, and Wazzu is another team that has been mediocre at best. A 2-1 start to league play is still very possible, it's absurd!! :lol:

This definitely doesn't look like an NIT team at this point, but we've obviously got a long season ahead of us still, so there's plenty time for things to click and certainly plenty of winnable games remaining on the schedule. Postseason of any kind is a must - if we fall short of the NIT, we must accept the CBI. It's easy to laugh at the CBI, and I do think it's a little ridiculous, but it's there so we need to take advantage of it. We all know how VCU went to the Final Four last season - well it just so happens that VCU won the CBI in 2010. A young team like CU would benefit greatly from a tournament experience of any kind.

Last edited:
The main thing I have to say about last night's game is that Chen saved our ass. He was, without a doubt, our best player last night. He doesn't get the love, but I'm thrilled he's on the team. Smart plays. Hustle plays. Great D. Plus, he brought the energy last night which was SORELY lacking. Seriously, can not say enough about how great he was last night.

Boyle's obviously nervous right now. It's the only way to explain the constant lineup juggling last night. Adams started over Nate, which I thought was a nice move (goes along with the youth movement we were talking about on this board last week), only to yank Adams within 1 minute for Ski, and then pull Spencer 2 minutes later for Nate. He's trying to find a combination that works. I believe in the second half he started with Spencer, Chen, Dre, Austin and Carlon, and that one finally brought some results to the team, so I'm wondering if that may be our new starting lineup.

Spencer is, without a doubt, the player on the team with the highest basketball IQ. I know I'm entering dangerous territory of becoming a fanboy of The Mayor instead of someone objective, but every time I watch him play I come away more and more impressed. He's just sneaky good. You don't realize what he's doing until the end of the game when you look up and he has 10+ points. Last night he didn't shoot particularly well, but he got to the line and went 9-of-10. Plus, it's the little things with him. You can tell that he keeps the team composed when they're starting to fall apart. I can't speak for what goes on in the locker room, but I really think that The Mayor and Ski might be our two best "on the court" leaders. Snow has pointed out a few times about how Ski kept Nate from getting kicked out of the CSU game after Nate's moronic technical, and The Mayor is constantly telling people what to do on offense.

I wasn't super impressed with Carlon last night, but he put up numbers so I'm thinking that was just me being overly critical. Same with Dre. Dre can be maddeningly frustrating because there are times where he just seems content to float through the game. The first half last night was one of those times. Luckily he took over in the second half and played like we needed him to.

Nate... I know TZI disagrees with me on this one, but he was horrid last night. The kid just can NOT get out of his own head. You can tell he's overthinking everything. I was hoping that him coming off of the bench might calm him down, but no. He made at least 2 horrid passes on the fastbreak last night. He isn't looking for his own shot. He just needs to relax and let the game come to him. I know he can play better than that. Mainly because he can't play worse. I know stats aren't everything, but you can't play 23 minutes, go 0-for-3, only grab 3 rebounds, dish 1 assist and turn the ball over twice if you're our starting PG. Come on Nate, we need you.

Simba... let's hope that Cain is ready to go on Thursday and leave it at that.

I don't know what to think of Adams. He hasn't been bad, but he hasn't exactly been good either this season. Last night, Chen got his minutes -- and deserved them. Honestly, I'd like to see them both get some PT (with Nate sacrificing some of his minutes to accomplish this), but if it comes down to only one of them then I'd go with Chen right now.

If there were 5,000 people there last night, then I'm a millionaire. That's some serious fuzzy math from CU.

Thanks Goose, rep.

I hope to make one of the games while we're in town. I haven't seen them all at this year, so I'm looking forward to the chance.

missed the game last night, anyone want to provide a recap?

edit: thanks Goose rep.

No, don't hold your breath. My CU basketball support is limited to repping Goose & Co. for killing it on allbuffs.

No, don't hold your breath. My CU basketball support is limited to repping Goose & Co. for killing it on allbuffs.

Snow and I are going to drag you to a game if we can find a strong enough horse.

Snow and I are going to drag you to a game if we can find a strong enough horse.

If you can't find a horse he likes, you might try to find a donkey

But if he's with us how does this help him? She only likes me more when I'm not around.
The brilliant part is that this plan combines both of his objectives:

1) he finds out where she lives, and 2) finds a way to leave you stranded with strippers in boulder with picture evidence, thus providing everything he needs to make a move.

Back