What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: MBB vs Fresno State

Box score looks like they have made some progress from the free throw line. Shoot like they have in some earlier games this game is a loss.

The good news: Buffs made 27/32 FT's tonight. Good for 84.4%. Thank god they did, because we would have lost had they pulled the antics of previous games. Buffs outrebounded the Bulldogs 34-25.

A double double for Andre with 21pts 10rebs, but he's got to play smarter and avoid silly fouls. Nice game for Dufault with 13pts, and Dinwiddie did his thing with 15pts. Adams took a step forward tonight with 8pts. Cain saw 6 minutes of action and had 2pts. Carlon continues to struggle, only had 2pts tonight. Disappointing start to the season for him. Booker had an off-night as well, with no points.

That was an ugly second half, we need to see some serious improvement on both sides of the ball. The turnovers, especially, are just killing us

Crowd was bored. So were the Buffs. Never had much energy in the second half.

How bad were the baseline calls by the fat official. He called a ball out of bounds on Fresno that clearly went off Ski's hand and later called a foul on Nate when the three guys were going for the ball. WTF was going on. He also decided it was in his authority to call a block for Mayor Dinwiddie when was on the back sideline. Very strange. He just appeared to be terrible at his job.

George Karl was at the game with his life partner. He was in observation mode the entire game.

George Karl was at the game with his life partner. He was in observation mode the entire game.

Chatted with him at halftime for a minute. Stand up guy, said he was just there to take in the game and that Dre reminded him of Kenneth Faired.

Small enough that I think folks on the other side of the arena could hear me cheering made free throws. :lol:

I thought that was you.

Seriously, this keeps up and you and I will be able to have a running conversation during the New Orleans game.

I thought that was you.

Seriously, this keeps up and you and I will be able to have a running conversation during the New Orleans game.

We hope to make it to the Buffs/NOLA game. Wanted to go to the yoots game, but we'll be driving back on the first, so that's prolly a no-go.

can someone please explain why Boyle thinks Nate is the "glue" for the team? For some reason Nate frustrates me more than any other player. Last night when Fresno was in their press, he would receive a pass and then walk up the court. Did Boyle instruct them not to press the ball up the floor? Every other player would run down and try to score before Fresno set up their zone, but Nate would take his time and let Fresno hustle down the floor and get their zone set. Also why is he so afraid to shoot. Fresno is totally cheating on their zone will roll the zone away from him more than they would any other player. We would swing the ball around the perimeter and it would end up in Nate's hands with guys that are 6 to 8 feet from him and he won't pull the trigger on the 3. I think this is why Boyle put him in the high post, which is not a good spot for Nate because if the defense collapses he can't pass over guys. I wish so bad that we had levi right now. Go back and watch some games, he has such a fluid shooting motion which would absolutely have killed Fresno state last night.

Also was it just me or did Fresno have about 30 illegal screens last night. It seems their guys would just run around and pick our guys off without being set.

I think I am still frustrated by the 2nd half last night.

can someone please explain why Boyle thinks Nate is the "glue" for the team? For some reason Nate frustrates me more than any other player. Last night when Fresno was in their press, he would receive a pass and then walk up the court. Did Boyle instruct them not to press the ball up the floor? Every other player would run down and try to score before Fresno set up their zone, but Nate would take his time and let Fresno hustle down the floor and get their zone set. Also why is he so afraid to shoot. Fresno is totally cheating on their zone will roll the zone away from him more than they would any other player. We would swing the ball around the perimeter and it would end up in Nate's hands with guys that are 6 to 8 feet from him and he won't pull the trigger on the 3. I think this is why Boyle put him in the high post, which is not a good spot for Nate because if the defense collapses he can't pass over guys. I wish so bad that we had levi right now. Go back and watch some games, he has such a fluid shooting motion which would absolutely have killed Fresno state last night.

Also was it just me or did Fresno have about 30 illegal screens last night. It seems their guys would just run around and pick our guys off without being set.

Knew we couldn't go a day... I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. Nate Tomlinson is the ONLY reason we didn't blow that 2nd half lead completely last night. The ONLY reason. I'm gonna end it there before I really blow up.

Funny, cause to me it looked like he spent the entire 2d half refusing to take the open shot, failing to break the zone down, and the only points we ever got were when guys like Dinwiddie broke down the D. Oh, and then he tried to give the game away with one of his turnover masterpieces with under 2 minutes left.

Knew we couldn't go a day... I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. Nate Tomlinson is the ONLY reason we didn't blow that 2nd half lead completely last night. The ONLY reason. I'm gonna end it there before I really blow up.

can you please explain. I know there is a reason since Tad played him the entire 2nd half, but I just don't see it.

can you please explain. I know there is a reason since Tad played him the entire 2nd half, but I just don't see it.

he seems to be the only person who can direct the floor and spends all game telling his team mates where to be. That alone warrants him being in there.

Funny, cause to me it looked like he spent the entire 2d half refusing to take the open shot, failing to break the zone down, and the only points we ever got were when guys like Dinwiddie broke down the D. Oh, and then he tried to give the game away with one of his turnover masterpieces with under 2 minutes left.

4 guys standing around is not an offense. Our failures against the zone have little to do with Nate and a lot to do with not seemingly being prepared for it.

I talk**** about Nate because I wish he was better, but he is our only floor general out there. Losing senior leaders Higgins and Knutson from last year, there was no one to fill that role except for him. I look forward to Spenc and Ski learning how to manage the team from him and do better at it because of better skill@

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

This post is completely inaccurate

A press is designed to slow an offense down and that is what it did to us. Nate broke the press just how you are taught to break one. Cant remember him committing a single turnover which is all that really matters.

Also, Boyle was genius for putting Nate in the high post. Seeing how Dre could not seem to turn and face the basket when he got the ball there, Boyle saw this and realized Nate was the only one who actually knew hoe to run a zone offense.

he seems to be the only person who can direct the floor and spends all game telling his team mates where to be. That alone warrants him being in there.

He also did a heck of a job when he took the mop away from the kid under the basket - that is leadership by example!

He also did a great job pushing the tempo on the break, especially in the second half. Ski had a God-awful game last night, Nate played a huge game when needed; without him, like TZ said, we lose. 6 assists/2 turnovers, with 100% shooting from the floor and 6 boards - I'll take that each night. Great game from Nate.

In fact, and I do hate to break up the Hater's Ball going down over here, he's having a pretty good season. He's scoring more (9/game, 3 nights in double figures), keeping his A:TO ration over 2:1, he continues to be one of the few outside threats on the team, and he's seemingly one of the only players capable of causing the opponent to turn the ball over.

Just wish he'd pull the trigger on the shot more.

Back