What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Late Signing Day Thread:

Returning to coach the team he played for and the QB he coached in college would actually be a major win for the Colts, IMO.
I agree. Hopefully he doesn't go to the Colts (from a Donkeys perspective).

I wonder why the Colts didn't go after him to begin with? They were willing to take on a difficult personality in McD, why not Harbaugh?

I guess the Pac-12 Network is going to do some good stuff later today with analyzing the recruiting classes. But, man, I still think it's weak ass sauce that they're broadcasting a re-run of a gymnastics meet right now.

I guess the Pac-12 Network is going to do some good stuff later today with analyzing the recruiting classes. But, man, I still think it's weak ass sauce that they're broadcasting a re-run of a gymnastics meet right now.
How’d the CU gymnastics team do? Oh......wait.......

The Buffs are unchanged (points) and have dropped to 46th on Rivals. And still no mention of Kanan Ray who is a Rivals 4 Star recruit.

Last edited:
The Buffs are unchanged (points) and have dropped to 46th on Rivals. And still no mention of Kanan Ray who is a Rivals 4 Star recruit.

It is going to end up in the 40s. Even Ray being added will not help much.

Reactions: DBT
man, Texas is killing it
Crazy how much changed in a year. In 2017, only one of the top 10 players in Texas signed with an in state school school which was the number 8 prospect who went to A&M. This year 6 out of the top 7 went to UT and 2 out of the top 10 went to A&M. One was uncommitted so I am not sure how it ended.

Frost has managed to finish really strong.

USC's recruiting in the front seven continues to impress.

Interesting discussion I heard on 950 on the way to work this morning. Almost every team that wins the National Championship has had at least two Top 10 classes in the previous 4 years prior to winning the NC. I think they said the last not to was back in the 80’s. At any rate, it’s very rare for a team to win the NC without a couple of great recruiting classes.

Frost has managed to finish really strong.

USC's recruiting in the front seven continues to impress.
Skill positions look good but Nebraska finished with weird line recruiting. Looks worse than ours lol. They landed a low 3* OT who was getting Bethune-Cookman and Tennessee State offers late and a low 3* C whose brother is on the team. That’s it on the OL. They landed a low 3* DE who had grayshirt offers from Iowa and Iowa State. They landed Wildeman, who might be for real but we have had so many 3*s, with his offer list or better, not get a 4* bump. They didn’t sign a NT for their 3-4.

I was worried they’d get Jean-Baptiste but he went with Ohio State. At one point, Nebraska had Bookie (Oklahoma), Chase Williams (USC), Josh Moore (Texas), Mario Goodrich (Clemson), and Cam Brown (Ohio State) all committed and they replaced those guys with 4*s who they beat teams like Pitt and Louisville for so it seems like a definite downgrade. Still a real solid class, especially given the time frame tho.

Florida and LSU having rough days. Gotta think Orgeron may start feeling a lot of heat soon.
Can LSU afford to pay another buyout and keep those coordinators while hiring a top grade HC? I think they're backed into a corner for a couple years.

Can't do the link on phone, but supposedly Wash did as well as USC - top 20 class

Can't do the link on phone, but supposedly Wash did as well as USC - top 20 class
Wash definitely did well but not on USC level. SC is number two in average behind Georgia they just had a small class of about 19 kids.

Oregon just had a pretty good haul on the offensive line, going to be fun watching them, Washington and Stanford go at it in the trenches the next couple of years.

Skill positions look good but Nebraska finished with weird line recruiting. Looks worse than ours lol. They landed a low 3* OT who was getting Bethune-Cookman and Tennessee State offers late and a low 3* C whose brother is on the team. That’s it on the OL. They landed a low 3* DE who had grayshirt offers from Iowa and Iowa State. They landed Wildeman, who might be for real but we have had so many 3*s, with his offer list or better, not get a 4* bump. They didn’t sign a NT for their 3-4.

I was worried they’d get Jean-Baptiste but he went with Ohio State. At one point, Nebraska had Bookie (Oklahoma), Chase Williams (USC), Josh Moore (Texas), Mario Goodrich (Clemson), and Cam Brown (Ohio State) all committed and they replaced those guys with 4*s who they beat teams like Pitt and Louisville for so it seems like a definite downgrade. Still a real solid class, especially given the time frame tho.

Excellent deep dive analysis. Getting the RB was a real win for the Huskers today. if I was Herm Edwards I would have let him play RB in order to get him to sign there. Bad recruiting from a way over his head coach right now. It is going to take a lot to get that roster flipped over. As much as Frost has going for him, the rest of the country pays attention to college football a lot more than they did in the 70's and 90's. No more dominating Kansas and Iowa State every year. I want to beat their butts so freaking bad!

Careful. That way over his head coach our-recruited MM, sadly.
I don't see much difference between a class with a average composite recruit ranking of 86.19 (ASU) and 85.08 (CU). What makes you believe Herm out-recruited MM?

Back