What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official NBA Draft Thread - Spencer's a Piston!

I bet he plays a few games next season.

Wouldn't shock me either but even if he plays well I doubt he plays a lot.

If they safely can though it makes sense to let him get his feet wet in the league.

NBA should consider a 4-round draft with only 15 picks per round. Every team is slotted (before trades) with 2 picks, but there would be 4 categories of contract levels. It would make sense from a number of standpoints.

This makes a lot of sense. Teams are almost penalized now for having picks late in the first round because they are likely to get a player who isn't going to make a big contribution and may turn out to be of little value but they are stuck paying him for at least two years either way.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/o...josh-huestis-d-league-first-round-draft-pick/

OKC takes a first round pick and dumps him in the Dleague without the guaranteed $... yea, Spencer did really good.

Lot of head scratchers went ahead of Spence and Huestis was the biggest. OKC has to play tight with their coin. Will end up hurting them as KD gets closer to leaving

This makes a lot of sense. Teams are almost penalized now for having picks late in the first round because they are likely to get a player who isn't going to make a big contribution and may turn out to be of little value but they are stuck paying him for at least two years either way.

Hasn't seemed to bother the Spurs much and they took yet another legit first rd player after a lot of reaches.

Do you think Ms Roberson and the Mayor will have their wedding at the CEC - all season ticket holders invited?

Siva is out of the way. SD may be a starter when he comes back.

Looking good, Mr. Mayor. Looking good.

38-Spencer-Dinwiddie.jpg

More rookies here.

If you follow the link from inside the article, Mayor participated in the NBA rookie online chat with fans. Asked about his likely rating in NBA 2k, he said, "Probably somewhere in the 50's, but I want it to be 69." He sure knows how to mix it up with fans and media. I hope he never changes as the money and endorsements get big and they try to make him another sterile corporate guy.

Yeah, if he has a halfway decent career in the league, he has a surefire post-career in broadcasting. Dude's naturally hilarious and comfortable on camera.

NBA schedule is out, and the Pistons open in Denver. I was really hoping that the Pistons would be here later in the season, so that I could go see Spencer.

Damn. :bang:

with the new draft rules making tanking a lot less likely to result in a high draft pick, no reason to hold him out.

what new rules? Did you mean the lottery format in general or is there something new for next season?

what new rules? Did you mean the lottery format in general or is there something new for next season?

They've adjusted the lottery odds. Some franchises (76ers, for example) who planned to tank were pissed off about it.

with the new draft rules making tanking a lot less likely to result in a high draft pick, no reason to hold him out.

The new lottery rules still guarantee that the worst teams get a high pick. It's just now the worst 4 all have equal odds at landing in the top 3.

Back