What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official NBA Draft Thread - Spencer's a Piston!

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features...e?hootPostID=56251e063f670df2c452a932159d03b1

Cleared to play. Shockingly, his only concern so far is his mouth:

“The only thing I’ve got to learn to do is probably keep my mouth shut a little more when talking to the vets on the court. Off the court, it’s all respect. You treat them like older brothers and uncles, but on the court – you get into the heat of the moment, you start popping off at the mouth and they don’t appreciate that too much. That’s something I’ve got to get in check a little bit.”

[tweet]524996885065375744[/tweet]

BTW Roberson got one vote for ROY in last year's GM survey

Just turned it on, 30 seconds later the Mayor checks in, first shot he drains an open 3. Next time down the floor he drives and dishes for an assist. Wooooooo

Piston's may have gotten the equivalent of a lottery pick talent in the second round.

Piston's may have gotten the equivalent of a lottery pick talent in the second round.

Im pretty sure we all knew that they did - had he not blown his knee in january, he would have gone in the top 15 certainly, and more than likely the top 10. Van Gundy is going to be laughing all the way to the bank on this one.

Nice write-up on Mayor. Sounds like the vets are taking him under their wing and like him. Also sounds like Mayor's got some chemistry working with Drummond, which is huge for them.

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2014/10/detroit_pistons_draft_pick_spe.html

[Caron] Butler predicted the rookie will find his minutes by seizing them.

"I've been telling folks around the league, my people, just telling them that we got a nice little steal there with Spence," Butler said. "He can do it all, he can shoot the ball -- he's clever, he's extremely clever. I don't want his head to blow up so I keep it to myself but he can play the game of basketball."

Thought I'd put this here instead of a new thread. Villanova's DiVincenzo is going into the draft but hasn't hired an agent. The question I have is why is he ranked like 33rd as a prospect? Seeing the guy play several times, dominant in the National Championship game, he's got plenty of ability. I get he came off the bench but his upside is plenty visible. What am I missing? Is it he hasn't performed at that level long enough or what?

Thought I'd put this here instead of a new thread. Villanova's DiVincenzo is going into the draft but hasn't hired an agent. The question I have is why is he ranked like 33rd as a prospect? Seeing the guy play several times, dominant in the National Championship game, he's got plenty of ability. I get he came off the bench but his upside is plenty visible. What am I missing? Is it he hasn't performed at that level long enough or what?
He's raw. Great athlete with developing skills.

NBA loves athletes, though. If Zach LaVine was a Top 15 pick, I'd have to think that DiVicenzo would be too.

Limited performance so far - not necessarily his fault because he's had better players ahead of him. Good athlete, but is he quick enough on D to guard NBA 2's? He's too small to play the 3 in the league. Plus, he's a junior so he's "old" in the NBA's eyes. That'll hurt. Honestly, if I'm him I go now and strike while the iron is hot. Going back tends to hurt more than help.

Back