What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official New Hampshire Game Thread

Why has our play calling changed from the Colorado State Game? The play calling in that game was very creative, quick and simple, and put the ball into the playmakers hands in space. Now, they are calling slower developing read plays that seem to be very risk-reward. They said they held back a lot of plays in that game, yet I remember the calls in that game being smart and effective. CSU sucks, but not that much. Could be using those plays now.

Montez is a much better athlete.
I agree, but their stature and style of play is pretty similar. I think you're right Montez is better than Liufau, but I'm not sure if he's going to be good enough to go pro, let alone go pro early.

I think he'll be a strong senior QB team leader. Or at least I hope.

Yeah probably, but not this year. That's my only contention, he'll be back for his senior year.

Based on what? Montez could very easily leave this year. He has all the measurables NFL types love. They’ve overdrafted many dudes who are worse than Montez. He’d be a moron to turn down the dough.

I can never really judge pro prospects from teams I follow, but how Montez isn't getting talk about a possible first rounder is beyond me. Prototype size, cannon arm, not always the most accurate but looking better this year, mobile. I mean if Josh Allen can take a dump on the field several times last year and still get picked in the top half of the first round while having massive accuracy issues..

I will say, remember that Oregon game in what was it, 2016? That was awesome.

He showed his potential there.

I would expect the 2's and 3's to have practiced and had lots of reps on the top 10 plays that we run, the same 10 plays that Montez ran to start this game and the other games. Let the 2's come in and run those 10 plays to start!!!

Do not just run out the clock and not have the backup QB ready to throw a first down ball!!! What if Montez's helmet falls off and he needs to take a play off? Nice guys finish last and Mac is trying to prove that. Let the offense run normal coach!
2s and 3s need to practice on Sundays.

Chev does play calling
source.gif

I agree, but their stature and style of play is pretty similar. I think you're right Montez is better than Liufau, but I'm not sure if he's going to be good enough to go pro, let alone go pro early.

I think he'll be a strong senior QB team leader. Or at least I hope.
Montez is clearly a better pro prospect. Not even close.
Duff is absolutely correct on this one.

We see the plays he misses, scouts see the plays he makes.

I agree that he has a lot of development left in his game but he already makes some throws that some of the guys in the NFL can't.

Montez profiles exactly what the league is looking for. Big guy, durable, mobile, big arm for the deep throws but hits a lot of short throws, starting to show signs of leadership.

Remember with the league that it only takes one team to fall in love with you.

I can never really judge pro prospects from teams I follow, but how Montez isn't getting talk about a possible first rounder is beyond me. Prototype size, cannon arm, not always the most accurate but looking better this year, mobile. I mean if Josh Allen can take a dump on the field several times last year and still get picked in the top half of the first round while having massive accuracy issues..

Accurate???

Montez is incredibly accurate! Roper has taught him to take his cannon and throttle it back to match the type of throw he is making. Look at his game starts, 12 for 12, 8 for 8, very catchable ball. Watching Sefo at the combine was very painful as he just could not hit the receiver.

Please let LYTLE throw the ball!!!!

Duff is absolutely correct on this one.

We see the plays he misses, scouts see the plays he makes.

I agree that he has a lot of development left in his game but he already makes some throws that some of the guys in the NFL can't.

Montez profiles exactly what the league is looking for. Big guy, durable, mobile, big arm for the deep throws but hits a lot of short throws, starting to show signs of leadership.

Remember with the league that it only takes one team to fall in love with you.
Yeah, I dunno. I could be wrong. But I'm betting he stays. I kinda hope he doesn't, because that means that we had a really good season and the offense played well, but I think we're seeing our depth at QB ain't that good, so I also kinda hope he stays. I'm torn.

Accurate???

Montez is incredibly accurate! Roper has taught him to take his cannon and throttle it back to match the type of throw he is making. Look at his game starts, 12 for 12, 8 for 8, very catchable ball. Watching Sefo at the combine was very painful as he just could not hit the receiver.

Please let LYTLE throw the ball!!!!

Sefo had a higher completion % than Montez entering the year

Like I said, he's looking better this year, but that's also throwing a **** ton of screens and swings. He still plants some in the dirt 3 feet in front of the catcher.

The new trend for college QB's is going to be try like hell to graduate in 3 years, redshirt one year, and then if the Depth Chart is too full, then transfer as a Grad Transfer and play somewhere right away. I think that Noyer is a candidate for that if Montez stays for his Senior Year.

Back