What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official Pac-12 Tournament Game Thread: #7 Oregon State v #10 Colorado ***

668668b92c696692a8c037488291030e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who is the other guy with Walton and The Glove? The showed him on TV a few times.

Who is the other guy with Walton and The Glove? The showed him on TV a few times.

The picture isn't loading on my POS work computer so I can't tell, but I know that AC Green was at the game and was sitting with Payton.

The picture isn't loading on my POS work computer so I can't tell, but I know that AC Green was at the game and was sitting with Payton.

That's correct.

Man (and I mentioned this last night) it must suck to be GP II, knowing that your dad takes all credit for any success you might have.

Great game - Do people still think FT percentage does not matter? I think it helped in this game.

I know a lot of people like him but for me Walton makes the games almost unwatchable...he gets on some point and beats it like a rented mule.

Great game - Do people still think FT percentage does not matter? I think it helped in this game.

I know a lot of people like him but for me Walton makes the games almost unwatchable...he gets on some point and beats it like a rented mule.

:lol:

Years and years worth of data still suggests that FT Rate > FT%

Last edited:

Within an individual game it can matter. In general it means very little.

It's like Time of Possession in football. I can point to individual games when it made a significant difference. Generally speaking, it isn't something that correlates to winning games.

Within an individual game it can matter. In general it means very little.

It's like Time of Possession in football. I can point to individual games when it made a significant difference. Generally speaking, it isn't something that correlates to winning games.

Of course it doesn't correlate to winning and it would be silly for anyone to think it does...but if I am a coach and my team is in a tight game I would rather have a team that could hit their FTs than a team that does not.

These things are where people get too lost in the stats. There are many factors that go into winning in sports that it becomes impossible to take a single stat and say that is what makes teams win especially in a sport like basketball. As a single factor you can not take FT% and say that leads to winning and that is where it becomes meaningless when some stat guy tries to correlate a single stat...what is causation and what is correlation? There is not a lot of correlation with FTA either and it could be and has been argued that the team in the lead gets fouled a lot at the end of the game as part of the defensive strategy by the team that is behind so the fact the winning team may get to the line more is not surprising.

You can take almost any stat in sports and try to correlate that to winning and someone can show a team that defies the stat. Florida State this year in turnover margin, normally a pretty good indicator of success but did not hold true this time. The Colorado Avalanche last year were successful in spite of a bad Corsi %. Teams are the sum of their attributes some of which are tangible and some of which are not - FSU had a QB that was phenomenal with the game on the line, the Avalanche had a goal tender that played out of his mind last year.

So according to Walton blind siding a player is a good basketball play, but Dom making sure Young didn't get any points is failing to be a decent human being

That really pissed me off last night. he kept going on and on about that push from behind (which was a solid foul call, but not a push from behind) that XJ did towards the end.

That really pissed me off last night. he kept going on and on about that push from behind (which was a solid foul call, but not a push from behind) that XJ did towards the end.
Holy **** I must have been really high last night, I posted that in here? :lol:

But yea, that annoyed the hell otu of me. The play the other night would draw a foul in the NFL, the Pac 12 basketball tournament isn't more physical than the NFL. I like Bill, but sometimes he goes beyond full retard.

Yeah. I think for the most part Coloradans are Coloradans. I think folks who relate to the rivalry through the students, twitter and message boards can easily lose sight of the fact that it's a friendly rivalry between 90% of the adults and that it doesn't rise above some friendly water cooler ribbing a couple times a year.

I know that while I'm a CU fan, I almost always root for in-state teams when they're not playing the Buffs. CSU can be an exception to that solely based on whether I've become annoyed with some people who decided to troll AB.

Not sure I care about another school, although also in Colorado, since players are mostly out-of-state. For CSU, 5 of 14 on the roster are from CO. For Buffs it's 6 of 17. Both teams represent Colorado largely in name only. Therefore, I feel fully justified in only cheering on my alma mater rather than all teams from in-state colleges. It might be different if in-state teams were entirely composed of Colorado kids.

Having said that, it is nice to have Tad and Josh Scott representing our state at CU --

Back