What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Phillip Lindsay Really is the first undrafted rookie in the ProBowl Thread

At this point, Barkley deserves the award. Phil is starting to close the gap a bit, though.

Barkley plays in NY, that’ll ensure he wins it.

This is a weird phenomenon. In New York, the Jets and Giants are almost invisible when they're losing, complete afterthoughts. People care more about the Knicks.

This is a weird phenomenon. In New York, the Jets and Giants are almost invisible when they're losing, complete afterthoughts. People care more about the Knicks.
I always enjoyed the daily fight among NY pro teams to do something that will get the back cover of the Daily News.

Barkley hit the ground running from day 1 for the Giants. It took a while for Denver to realize what they have in Phil. If we’d have been using him from Day 1 as the Giants did with Barkley the race for ROY would be a dead heat. And don’t forget Phil’s ejection cost him half a game.

Barkley hit the ground running from day 1 for the Giants. It took a while for Denver to realize what they have in Phil. If we’d have been using him from Day 1 as the Giants did with Barkley the race for ROY would be a dead heat. And don’t forget Phil’s ejection cost him half a game.
If we'd been using him since Day 1 we might actually have a winning record

Good Lord, people. He WAS used from day one. Or are you forgetting the way he nearly won the first two games all by himself?
Not splitting hairs here, but his usage has significantly increased. I was pissed with how much play Booker was getting at the beginning of the year, especially on 3rd downs and in the 4th quarter when we were behind because the Broncos view Booker as their "Pass catching/ Blocking back"

Let's be realistic here. Phil has been great for the Broncos, he has gotten and deserves national attention.

He is not likely to beat out Barkley for ROY. Barkley was known coming in, he played for a highly ranked program and was the second pick in the draft. He plays in the media capital of New York.

Phil has had a number of spectacular plays but so has Barkley. Rushing wise they are similar, Barkley has had a lot more use in the passing game and has a huge statistical advantage there. Phil has 25 rec, 189 yrds, 1 TD. Barkley has 74 rec, 602 yrds, 4 TDs good for 4th in the league in rec by RBs right behind McCaffrey who has 76 rec, 621 yrds.

I'd love to see them getting Phil 4-5 more targets a game. Get him the ball in space where he can use his skills without taking the pounding. Also let him turn a few throws 3-7 yards past the LOS into big gains and we suddenly see defensive coordinators much more hesitant to rush those OLBs aggressively.

Good Lord, people. He WAS used from day one. Or are you forgetting the way he nearly won the first two games all by himself?
He was also returning kicks and gunning on kickoffs. I know he has played since day 1. But he wasn’t the focal point on offense like he is now.

Let's be realistic here. Phil has been great for the Broncos, he has gotten and deserves national attention.

He is not likely to beat out Barkley for ROY. Barkley was known coming in, he played for a highly ranked program and was the second pick in the draft. He plays in the media capital of New York.

Phil has had a number of spectacular plays but so has Barkley. Rushing wise they are similar, Barkley has had a lot more use in the passing game and has a huge statistical advantage there. Phil has 25 rec, 189 yrds, 1 TD. Barkley has 74 rec, 602 yrds, 4 TDs good for 4th in the league in rec by RBs right behind McCaffrey who has 76 rec, 621 yrds.

I'd love to see them getting Phil 4-5 more targets a game. Get him the ball in space where he can use his skills without taking the pounding. Also let him turn a few throws 3-7 yards past the LOS into big gains and we suddenly see defensive coordinators much more hesitant to rush those OLBs aggressively.
I think Phil is underutilized in the passing game. If you can isolate him on an LB, no contest. And with his speed and hands, you could get him free on deep routs, no doubt.

Think if he had been invited to combine, then would have been drafted.
Yeah. Maybe not the best thing financially for him, but is a great story and that’s great for his visibility/marketability. As long as he stays healthy he’s going to do good things with his career.

Lindsay needs only 168 rushing yards over the final four games to be the all-time leading NFL rusher for a rookie UDFA. As it is now, he's already third on the list.

Yeah. Maybe not the best thing financially for him, but is a great story and that’s great for his visibility/marketability. As long as he stays healthy he’s going to do good things with his career.

He strikes me as a guy who isn't all wrapped up in money. Yes he will take what he earns and appreciate it but his happiness isn't tied into his paycheck.

In the long run I think he is the kind of guy who appreciates being able to stay close to his family and staying grounded in who he is. Had he gone to the combine and been drafted he would have some additional money but this worked out where he could stay in Colorado and more importantly have his family close without them having to move.

Lindsay needs only 168 rushing yards over the final four games to be the all-time leading NFL rusher for a rookie UDFA. As it is now, he's already third on the list.
He gets that by the first half on the Browns game

If Phillip finishes his season the way he started it, he may not be a shoe in, but it will be close. His is one of the No Fun Leagues best stories.

With Sanders being out, Phil's workload is only going to increase.

If they still somehow make the playoffs, I think he's suddenly going to be the frontrunner.

4 games to go though.

the rest of the season looks pretty easy for Denver...all things considered....if they use phil as the feature back like they have, he should be able to make up a LOT of ground.

How does Phil even remember TD? I was born in 1990 and I barely remember those teams. Phil was born in 1994- you mean to tell me a 4 year old remembered the 1997-1998 Broncos?

Maybe not quite vividly but those were the best teams in franchise history. I guess as a Denver kid playing RB he’s seen his fair share of videos, taped games etc of Terrell.

Back