What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Phillip Lindsay Really is the first undrafted rookie in the ProBowl Thread

I'm actually a little irked by the "Pitbull" nickname, only in that I don't see what was wrong with the "Tasmanian Devil".

But I suppose when your teammates give you a nickname like that, you take it.
I thought the exact same thing. “Hey, Phil has a nickname. He’s The Tasmanian Devil. Learn to love it.”

With yesterday's game, Phil is now averaging 6.08 yards per carry with 937 yards. Here are the RBs in the Super Bowl Era with more than 6.08 yards per carry over a full season where they generated at least 900 yards rushing:
  • Jamaal Charles (2010, 6.38 YPA, 1,467 yards)
  • Barry Sanders (1997, 6.13 YPA, 2,053 yards)
  • Mercury Morris (1973, 6.40 YPA, 953 yards)
It will be interesting to see where he finishes.

Phillip is going be on Xfinity Live tonight ... CBS4 @ 6:30 pm.

I thought the exact same thing. “Hey, Phil has a nickname. He’s The Tasmanian Devil. Learn to love it.”
annoyed me too. if there's anything that Phil's story so far has to teach its about being true to who you are and where you're from. He's the Tasmanian Devil. It's Mile High. Pluto's a ****ing planet.

One thing that needs to happen is that Royce Freeman needs to step it up! There is a ton of Lightning, but some pretty weak ass Thunder right now. I want PL to run for 2,000 yards, but I also want to keep him healthy and fresh. It felt like with Freeman being so average and then fumbling that Musgrave has no choice but to let Phil be Phil, but as he creeps towards 20 carries, I get concerned. We are at game #12, the normal end to a college season, and so these last 4 games, hopefully plus the playoffs are important to stay healthy and productive, and Freeman is showing his miles, and #23 is who he is.

Anyone seen the radar results for his long run yesterday? Seemed faster than his run last week, which was the fastest of anyone all year.

Just updated the thread title, decided to read through the first page. So awesome that PL has lost his starting KR job and all gunner jobs because he's too valuable to risk on special teams.
Knowing Phil, it probably pisses him off that he doesn't get to be a gunner and kick returner, but he'll go ahead and do what the team asks of him without making a stink about it.

**** that guy in NY. PL just needs to keep averaging over 6 ypc and things will work themselves out.

**** that guy in NY. PL just needs to keep averaging over 6 ypc and things will work themselves out.

Denver makes the playoffs and I think he'll win it tbh-The Giants suck *** and NFL people respect the Broncos a bit more than the media for the other three sports do the teams in this market.

Last edited:
Barkley: 954 yards rushing (4.9 ypc), 8 TDs
Lindsay: 937 yards rushing (6.1 ypc), 8 TDs

The problem lies in the receiving game, where Barkley has 74 receptions for 602 yards and 4 TDs, while Phil only has 25 rec for 189 yards and 1 TD. If the Broncos would use PL in the same capacity the Giants use Barkley he'd be a lock for ROY and probably right there with Gurley for MVP.

Basically, all the per carry/per touch and other efficiency stats heavily favor Lindsay, but East Coast gonna East Coast.

I love Phil and hope he wins it, but you know that "East Coast" argument is bull****. Barkley is an absolute beast and can be utilized to a higher degree than Phil.

I love Phil and hope he wins it, but you know that "East Coast" argument is bull****. Barkley is an absolute beast and can be utilized to a higher degree than Phil.
They are both excellent. You are wrong with the "can be" part. Phil is absolutely able to handle a huge usage load. If anything, college suggests that Phil is better able to do it than Barkley.

They are both excellent. You are wrong with the "can be" part. Phil is absolutely able to handle a huge usage load. If anything, college suggests that Phil is better able to do it than Barkley.
Says the East Coast guy, lol. Barkley can be utilized to a higher degree than Phil meaning what? Are you saying because he’s physically bigger, Barkley can be used more?

Yes, I am saying from a strictly physical point of view, Barkley is someone who can be a workhorse every down back. Phil is phenomenal but I'm not sure he can be that guy for you. He has limitations there.

Back