What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

I agree, but am struggling to drum up sympathy for Drake.
music video no GIF by Apple Music

One of the interesting things about this alliance is the anti-ESPN angle, but who owns the ACC Network again? ESPN.

As for CFP expansion, all the schools need the money after last year and they need it sooner rather than later. So it wouldn't make sense for them to try to delay the expansion just for spite. And nobody among the P5 conferences needs expansion of the playoff more than the Pac12. Which is why this will likely all simmer down in the coming months and the CFP will expand as originally planned.
That’s a short sighted view, IMO. Giving in and allowing ESPN to be handed the entirety of the CFP rights, along with them going all-in with the SEC, won’t be good for everyone else long term. Guarantee you, the elite B1G programs are far more concerned about 5-10 years down the road than they are about making up the revenue shortfall from last season.

That’s a short sighted view, IMO. Giving in and allowing ESPN to be handed the entirety of the CFP rights, along with them going all-in with the SEC, won’t be good for everyone else long term. Guarantee you, the elite B1G programs are far more concerned about 5-10 years down the road than they are about making up the revenue shortfall from last season.

The B1G programs currently also make more than any other conference per team.

Tennessee Volunteer fan here.

I visited your beautiful state back in May and really enjoyed my time there. I’ve always liked your team ever since that beatdown of Nebraska back in 2001 where Chris Brown put up around 300 rushing yards. It was a thing of beauty.

With regards to realignment, it seems that so much could change in a short amount of time. While the rumors of USC and other schools going to the B1G has died down with the “alliance” talk going on, it did get me thinking on the seemingly inevitable creation of super-conferences.

While certainly a pipe-dream, I would be ecstatic with the addition of CU to the SEC. It would reunite some old rivalries, add a strong athletic program with a great TV market in Denver...and give me a good excuse to venture back to Boulder on a more consistent basis (a selfish reason, I know, haha).

I will certainly be pulling for y’all in the PAC this year.

Go Vols! And Go Buffs!

Just speaking for myself, but I want no part of CU in the SEC. I can maybe wrap my head around CU in the B1G, but even that’s a stretch for me.

I visited your beautiful state back in May and really enjoyed my time there. I’ve always liked your team ever since that beatdown of ****braska back in 2001 where Chris Brown put up around 300 rushing yards. It was a thing of beauty.

With regards to realignment, it seems that so much could change in a short amount of time. While the rumors of USC and other schools going to the B1G has died down with the “alliance” talk going on, it did get me thinking on the seemingly inevitable creation of super-conferences.

While certainly a pipe-dream, I would be ecstatic with the addition of CU to the SEC. It would reunite some old rivalries, add a strong athletic program with a great TV market in Denver...and give me a good excuse to venture back to Boulder on a more consistent basis (a selfish reason, I know, haha).

Go Vols! And Go Buffs!
Wait, I'm still mad about food cart!

Was it midnight food cart? I forget.

While the proposed alliance is probably the best realistic outcome for CU it still bums me out that teams like Wyoming will get left out entirely from competing with the big boys. College football is especially unique because of things like Appalachian St - Michigan. Chaos is fun. It’s going to be more like the NFL in that regard and I don’t think it’ll be as exciting.
While I agree with you, my thought I when reading this was "don't let perfect be the enemy of good."

What you (and I) want simply is no longer possible, so let's save what can be saved.

I visited your beautiful state back in May and really enjoyed my time there. I’ve always liked your team ever since that beatdown of ****braska back in 2001 where Chris Brown put up around 300 rushing yards. It was a thing of beauty.

Go Vols! And Go Buffs!
Thanks for the kind post.

I honestly couldn’t imagine CU in the SEC. It feels like a horrible culture fit. Not a fan of the idea, but I’m curious to hear others weigh in.

I’d love to catch a game at Rocky Top, though. Your tailgating is legendary.

Let's be realistic too - I don't see a world in which the SEC would have any interest in CU, either, lol.

One thing that CU has going for them, and the nubs do as well, even if they're too proud to admit it, is that America loves the CU-NU rivalry. It consistently gets high ratings, it gets prime TV slots. Making that game a regularly scheduled thing (perhaps not annual) would be a real benefit to any alliance.

Rocky Mountains over Rocky Top.
Yeah, the Great Smoky Mountains are really just big hills compared to the Rockies, but they do look nice in the Fall foliage on misty mornings.

My wife, kids, and I spent most our trip in Colorado Springs, but did venture up to Denver & Boulder a few days. Really enjoyed the natural beauty of Colorado. There was more to see and do there than what we had time for, so I’d like to make it back out sometime soon and stay closer to Boulder. We drove there from Nashville with our 2 small children (4 & 2), and I am NEVER doing that again, lol.

Yeah, the Great Smoky Mountains are really just big hills compared to the Rockies, but they do look nice in the Fall foliage on misty mornings.

My wife, kids, and I spent most our trip in Colorado Springs, but did venture up to Denver & Boulder a few days. Really enjoyed the natural beauty of Colorado. There was more to see and do there than what we had time for, so I’d like to make it back out sometime soon and stay closer to Boulder. We drove there from Nashville with our 2 small children (4 & 2), and I am NEVER doing that again, lol.
Well next time the kids will be 8 & 6, so it will be better.

I honestly couldn’t imagine CU in the SEC. It feels like a horrible culture fit. Not a fan of the idea, but I’m curious to hear others weigh in.

Let's be realistic too - I don't see a world in which the SEC would have any interest in CU, either, lol.

One thing that CU has going for them, and the nubs do as well, even if they're too proud to admit it, is that America loves the CU-NU rivalry. It consistently gets high ratings, it gets prime TV slots. Making that game a regularly scheduled thing (perhaps not annual) would be a real benefit to any alliance.

I think realignment may make us reconsider the aspect of cultural fit if the shift to super-conferences begins to take place.

Hell, the SEC quit caring about cultural fit when we added Missouri, haha.

However, I think you make a great point on how cultural fit does affect a program in a new conference:

Take NU, for example. They’ve accomplished nothing in the B1G and really alienated themselves from their primary recruiting bases in Texas by their move. I’m no expert on ‘Husker recruiting, but what I have read is that they were very dependent on recruiting states like Texas and Oklahoma in the past, but now that well has laregly dried-up on them. When they are no longer getting exposure by playing in those states as often, their recruiting, and thus on-field performance, has suffered.

The old SEC would not have been a great fit for CU, but the latest additions of A&M, Mizzou, and now Texas & OU would reunite y’all with some old Big 8/12 foes. Personally, I’d even like to see the SEC bring in Kansas, as well, from a basketball standpoint.

This is all wild speculation and wishful thinking on my part, but, then again, I never thought I’d see the ‘Horns and Sooners joining the SEC, either.

My personal dream would be for the SEC to somehow add CU + Kansas + NU, convincing the ‘Huskers to get out of the mess they’ve gotten themselves into (poor recruiting, alienation in the B1G over losing AAU). This would consolidate all the best former Big 8/12 brands into the conference, and reunite some great hate-filled rivalries (CU/NU, KU/Mizzou, NU/OU, etc.).

I’d personally, like to see this again, too:
E3E1F3ED-4E47-44B3-9124-9FD55492AE1E.jpeg

They could be very intrested in CU since they always need some body bag games in conference scheduling.

Yea, no way I could imagine there being any interest from either side.

While the proposed alliance is probably the best realistic outcome for CU it still bums me out that teams like Wyoming will get left out entirely from competing with the big boys. College football is especially unique because of things like Appalachian St - Michigan. Chaos is fun. It’s going to be more like the NFL in that regard and I don’t think it’ll be as exciting.
Sort of.

Those games are allsome when there's an upset or near-upset. Some of the most memorable moments of a season. But over 90% of those games suck and you never know which ones will be worth watching so no one tunes in to watch until maybe game updates drive them there in the 4th quarter.

Back