What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

******Official RMS Game Thread******

Their low turnout is a combination of many factors I’ve repeatedly pointed out that you continue to ignore:

1. The town where the school is located is small.
2. The school doesn’t have hundreds of thousands of its alumni literally in the city where the school is located or suburbs within close driving distance.
3. There are 3x the number of students who attend and reside near one school (udub) while the other (Stanford) draws kids from all over, most of whom don’t live within one hour of campus.

Without large populations of alumni/community and/or student support in or very near the town where the school’s located, it is very difficult to have a football culture. There’s a reason why only 3 of the current AP top 25 are private schools. Aside from Stanford, Syracuse has more students and more local support. Notre Dame continues to be a football institution with rabid alumni/community support across the nation.

The size of the town doesn't generally matter because there's a number of schools in smaller towns who draw extremely well, and there's also a number of schools in larger cities that don't draw well at all. It's not a secret that Stanford's fanbase is weak even by west coast standards but in fairness that's not unusual among private schools. Here are the numbers from last season for all the P5 private schools (ND is the obvious exception so I left them off):

Stanford - 37,842
Vanderbilt - 28,045
Northwestern - 43,873
Baylor - 41,336
TCU - 42,868
Wake - 26,842
Duke - 26,646
Syracuse - 37,043
BC - 37,623

The size of the town doesn't generally matter because there's a number of schools in smaller towns who draw extremely well, and there's also a number of schools in larger cities that don't draw well at all. It's not a secret that Stanford's fanbase is weak even by west coast standards but in fairness that's not unusual among private schools. Here are the numbers from last season for all the P5 private schools (ND is the obvious exception so I left them off):

Stanford - 37,842
Vanderbilt - 28,045
Northwestern - 43,873
Baylor - 41,336
TCU - 42,868
Wake - 26,842
Duke - 26,646
Syracuse - 37,043
BC - 37,623

My argument was that the size of the town PLUS the lack of a serious number of alumni nearby makes attendance difficult.

You did agree with my general conclusion, though: private schools don’t generally draw well.

Pedos are rapists, it isn’t consensual.

Baylor
Stanford
Michigan State
Penn State
Ohio State

Those are the schools in the news that past few years.

Add Nebraska to that list and Miami.

Sadly how many of those schools have taken real steps to change the culture in their athletic programs to prevent further incidents compared to how many do business as usual while trying to cover up and act like they are the victims?

Just checked out on CSU to see how they're doing on lamination and they're all UNC bear fans now. I guess when the Broncos stink they have no other team to choose.

Back