What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practice Thread

Agree. Had “who is certain in OL” discussion on another board. Agree on Haigler. Purcell pretty close to being certain in my mind.
I'm going to assume Lynott is physically ready to go by 8/31 and put him in the "certain" category, as well, but I also agree on Purcell. All evidence suggests the Center position is him and then everybody else.

I'm going to assume Lynott is physically ready to go by 8/31 and put him in the "certain" category, as well, but I also agree on Purcell. All evidence suggests the Center position is him and then everybody else.
I like Lynott much better at guard. If healthy, he’s in. And don’t get me wrong, if healthy Moretti is in. Not now though. Just not there at this point.

Not featured, was the pick-6 play where Laguda coaxed Fisher to take it out of the end-zone (wrong move but sure fun as hell) then proceeded to lay-out a dude on a lead block which sprung Fisher the rest of way.

I loved Mark Johnson's call when he asked "what in the world is he thinking?" as Fisher was taking it out, then 5 seconds later figures it out.

Not featured, was the pick-6 play where Laguda coaxed Fisher to take it out of the end-zone (wrong move but sure fun as hell) then proceeded to lay-out a dude on a lead block which sprung Fisher the rest of way.

Fisher has been to the gun show.

Ok, with Moretti, wasn't it a knee with him?
Yes really bad knee injury prior to his senior year of high school. Turns out there was some nerve damage. He has reportedly been struggling with drop foot. Appears the healing process is finally reaching the end for him and he can turn to the strength training phase.

Based off Montez's comments, I think if Moretti is healthy he will be in the lineup. Assuming he has bulked up and is physically ready. This is a 4* OT and our line sucked last year. He looked really good at the spring game, and that was with barely any time doing contact drills. His pass blocking is still improving so I wouldn't be surprised if he was a RT. But I don't see a world with a healthy Moretti on the bench.
For me, the real question mark is Ray. Another 4* tackle who is an NFL body. He and Moretti are a class above what we have had recently. I would rather get them developing now.

NFL body? Let's pump the brakes a bit.

Yes really bad knee injury prior to his senior year of high school. Turns out there was some nerve damage. He has reportedly been struggling with drop foot. Appears the healing process is finally reaching the end for him and he can turn to the strength training phase.
I hope so. The nerve damage part worries me.

I hope so. The nerve damage part worries me.

Does me as well but I don't think they would have let him participate in spring ball if he wasn't a) making significant progress in his recovery and b) reasonably safe from re-injury or sustaining permanent damage.

In a strange way the extra time needed for the foot to recover may have been a benefit giving extra time for the knee to fully recover.

Considering that he was able to participate in contact for spring ball and he now has another four full months to work and recover prior to fall contact I am feeling pretty good about him.

NFL body? Let's pump the brakes a bit.
Let me correct that to NFL "frame." He's got the ideal body shape and build. He's only a freshman but he has that frame nonetheless. Have you seen him and Ray in person? I know those two and I are all human but we are barely the same thing lol. And they will only continue to grow which is the best part!!

Will Sherman was in the house tonight as he is staying down with one of my son's friends for Spring Break. Had a good spring and feels like he will crack the starting oline this fall. Such an athletic kid, well spoken, doing fantastic in school and just generally nice. Was wearing his WTTF tshirt and cannot wait for the fall.

Will Sherman was in the house tonight as he is staying down with one of my son's friends for Spring Break. Had a good spring and feels like he will crack the starting oline this fall. Such an athletic kid, well spoken, doing fantastic in school and just generally nice. Was wearing his WTTF tshirt and cannot wait for the fall.

Hawkins used to talk a good game about character and recruiting quality kids but I have to hand it to Mac, I have been impressed with the quality of players he is recruiting from a total person perspective.

We have had a couple of incidents and a few kids get homesick and leave but those are normal when you are bringing kids away from home for the first time in their lives. On a relative basis though they have been few and far between and instead we have a lot of guys who are not only contributing on the field but who are doing well in the classroom and generally representing what we would hope for the University of Colorado.

Great to hear. I think we are going to need him and Polley this year.

Back