What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practice Thread

I expect growing pains, but Huckins was just not a Pac-12 caliber center IMO. Very limited athleticism.

You are correct here. Huckins was an effort guy but simply was not capable of doing certain things athletically that you expect a PAC12 center to do. I saw multiple plays where Huckins got where he needed to be to make the block but was either dominated at the point of the block or beaten on mobility.

That is probably why they tried to push Lynott over to center even though it was obvious that he was more effective at guard.

If Pursell can be the answer at center it will mean that we upgrade at center and at guard by letting Lynott return full time to his natural position.

I don’t know where you get this info, but I really, really hope you’re right. It could make for a special year (or four) if so.
Reports the staff wanted to play Pursell all year as a true freshman should tell you a lot.

Everyone has mentioned that Roper is a great hire. I was thinking about all of Montez's strengths and weaknesses from last year, and if Roper can improve a couple things, the Steven could take another step forward into the top 3-4 PAC 12 QB's. (Browning, Tate, Herbert, Montez, Bowers)
They are in my mind:
1) Ball Handling and Ball Fakes. There has always been a lot of sloppy ball handling in the backfield with CU QB's under Lindgren, and if Montez is sharper with the ball on RPO and other fakes, he could free up more time for him in the backfield. Help to hide the OL weaknesses.
2) Deep Ball Touch is the most important thing he can improve. There were 9-12 long balls that Montez flat out missed on, including his mastery of sideline balls that he likes to throw out of bounds. With the incredible talent and size of this years WR's, if you make those throws this year, those are all TD's.

Bowers? WTF?

Bowers threw for the most average yards per game last year, and folks are high on him. How would you rate the 12 QB's in the PAC 12?

Wondering if @4BienemyTDs wants to take another shot at this thread now that Bowers is 3rd string at Cal? ;)

Back