What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practice Thread

These are not sources. It’s public info. Go see for yourself Friday.
Oh, so you are saying that I missed the first open practice? Because I was under the impression that Friday was the first one open to the public....

Oh, so you are saying that I missed the first open practice? Because I was under the impression that Friday was the first one open to the public....[/QUO

Not saying you missed anything. I’m saying what I have posted does not come from private sources. It has been in other public sources. Numerous times.

So Moretti is essentially doing full contact individual work and Mac said if he continues on this progression he should be able to do full contact team work by the end of spring ball.
From your lips to Gods ears. We desperately need him to play and to play up to his potential. Could be the difference in a game or two.

From your lips to Gods ears. We desperately need him to play and to play up to his potential. Could be the difference in a game or two.

I think that is putting some unrealistic expectations on a guy who has not played a live down of football since his junior year of high school.

We need him to stay healthy, get his feet wet, MAYBE make a spot start or two, and be feeling good for bowl practices (if we make a bowl). That all happens and he is well ahead of schedule. It also puts him in line to be a starter in 2019.

I think that is putting some unrealistic expectations on a guy who has not played a live down of football since his junior year of high school.

We need him to stay healthy, get his feet wet, MAYBE make a spot start or two, and be feeling good for bowl practices (if we make a bowl). That all happens and he is well ahead of schedule. It also puts him in line to be a starter in 2019.
You’re probably right about tempering expectations. Still, this OL looks a lot different with him in the lineup than it does without him.

You’re probably right about tempering expectations. Still, this OL looks a lot different with him in the lineup than it does without him.
I am just hoping for him to be there as a backup if one of the vets struggles out of the gates. If he can get his leg strength back under him there should be no reason to stick with older guys the entire season if they aren't improving.

Any of y'all going to be at the open practice? I'm contemplating going, but being in downtown Denver, that traffic is a b**** to deal with. And I'd be missing a couple hours work lol. Would be nice to meet a couple of you though.

Last edited:
So it’s upsetting for some of you to hear that a player has improved? Noted.
C’mon, man. You know exactly what I’m saying. We get this every year. It’s like a right of Spring. And yeah, last year it was Tim Coleman. Dude was tearing it up in camp. Never saw or heard from him during the season. So yeah, when players come out of nowhere to suddenly receive praise from the coaches, I’m skeptical. Skeptical to the point of being a sarcastic dick about it.

We could use some surprise good news on the ol so I’m going to believe it all until they prove us wrong. We need to catch some breaks.

I think the issue is that coaches often times "hype" players based on the strides they've made, but that doesn't mean those strides have moved said player into a starting role; Allbuffs posters just assume that's what the high praise means. Maybe the coaches are impressed with Middlemiss for going from a complete non-factor to a guy challenging for the two deep.

I think the issue is that coaches often times "hype" players based on the strides they've made, but that doesn't mean those strides have moved said player into a starting role; Allbuffs posters just assume that's what the high praise means. Maybe the coaches are impressed with Middlemiss for going from a complete non-factor to a guy challenging for the two deep.
Exactly. If he’s becoming viable depth instead of a name on a list, that helps. I’m concerned about our starting OL. I can’t even bring myself to think about our OL2s right now. I like hearing that Middlemiss and Kaiser are putting in the work, improving, and are guys a young OL would have to beat out.

Back