What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

In this thread, we have “the media sucks”, and “we need to let the media have more access”.

This is why you want to craft your message.

SID: Hey, Coach MT, we have had closed practices to the media for years here. Should we change anything?
Coach MT: Whatever, just keep it the same.

This is going to be a high IQ program. Lots of adjustments at LOS on both sides of ball.

Big boy football.

In this thread, we have “the media sucks”, and “we need to let the media have more access”.

This is why you want to craft your message.
I think there's been one person who's said "the media sucks" (Buffsrock85), and I think he was just responding to the question that was asked about not having HC experience. Otherwise, nobody who is asking for more media access has also said the media sucks. Also, that has nothing to do with why you'd want to "craft the message".

I think all most of us want are more than the CU-employed media members to have access in order to provide "unbiased" insight and opinions. And no, that doesn't lead to Mark Kiszla coming to Boulder with an anti-CU agenda every day to trash the program in the DP.

It’s always baffled me when posters here expects details from a HC. Why exactly should he say anything other than coach speak?

I think there's been one person who's said "the media sucks" (Buffsrock85), and I think he was just responding to the question that was asked about not having HC experience. Otherwise, nobody who is asking for more media access has also said the media sucks. Also, that has nothing to do with why you'd want to "craft the message".

I think all most of us want are more than the CU-employed media members to have access in order to provide "unbiased" insight and opinions. And no, that doesn't lead to Mark Kiszla coming to Boulder with an anti-CU agenda every day to trash the program in the DP.

Yeah, I’m all for more media so we don’t have the fluff. Was merely saying that question was embarrassing. There’s no reason we can’t have knowledgeable media.

It’s always baffled me when posters here expects details from a HC. Why exactly should he say anything other than coach speak?[/QUOT
It’s always baffled me when posters here expects details from a HC. Why exactly should he say anything other than coach speak?

I had no expectation for details. I'm just glad he's adroit, not goofy, about providing no details. Know what I mean?

Yeah, I’m all for more media so we don’t have the fluff. Was merely saying that question was embarrassing. There’s no reason we can’t have knowledgeable media.
FWIW, I actually don't think it was an awful question, tbh. While MT has technically been a HC before, being an interim guy in the NFL where the team is basically playing out the string (Jags were 3-8 when Tucker took over for Del Rio), is far different than coming into a college program and you're the guy in charge from the beginning, setting the culture, practice schedule, tempo, etc. I'm sure there's a learning curve for MT, so I thought it was a fine question, but that doesn't change the broader topic.

Why would you ask me that? It’s whatever the AD wants it to be.

Look, we don’t have to like it, but it is what it is. It’s not going to change.

I figured you could make an educated guess since you seem to be dialed into the AD strategy.

I dont disagree. Thing is, when you open it up, you take the risk that a Kizla/Henderson type will be exactly what they get. In order to ensure that doesn’t happen, we get what we have. It’s sucks, but I don’t really blame CU for it. They’re merely dealing with the set of realities they have been dealt with.

I dont disagree. Thing is, when you open it up, you take the risk that a Kizla/Henderson type will be exactly what they get. In order to ensure that doesn’t happen, we get what we have. It’s sucks, but I don’t really blame CU for it. They’re merely dealing with the set of realities they have been dealt with.
I agree, but if they are worried about Kiszla or Henderson-types, then that's pretty soft. You're saying the CU AD can't deal with (ignore) a few non-sunshine pumping columns? Maybe you're right, but as Duff said, it's such a small time mentality. Part of growing up as a program is acting as if. Honestly, this reeks of Plati getting his way more than RG, LC or MT making the policy.

I agree, but if they are worried about Kiszla or Henderson-types, then that's pretty soft. You're saying the CU AD can't deal with (ignore) a few non-sunshine pumping columns? Maybe you're right, but as Duff said, it's such a small time mentality. Part of growing up as a program is acting as if. Honestly, this reeks of Plati getting his way more than RG, LC or MT making the policy.
Kiszla is going to do his occasional article anyway, you can't stop that. Having him invited to practice rather than banned, might change his tone for the better. It couldn't really get worse.

This is a strategy to control the messaging, employ a few of the old buddies (1 anyway), and not embrace the services such as Rivals and 247, because Plati hates those services. There's historical records of that.

Anyway, really interested to hear about the development of the backup QBs this Spring. Gonna need one of them in a couple games this year.

Back