What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

I know why they are doing limiting media access. But there is no "message" coming from the AD, so that is where your theory falls flat.
The lack of a message is, in and of itself, a message. But you go on with your brilliant self.

The lack of a spring game at this point is far more acceptable than the constant pissing match of who's responsible for not having one.

Jesus, find something new.

Last edited:
Too many to post here. You have see who is playing. Put together some pieces.
Actually, that's not the way pics work here, pics have to be hosted. There's plenty of sites that store the pics and allow visitors to view. Facebook requires an account, which I won't ever have.

Kiszla is going to do his occasional article anyway, you can't stop that. Having him invited to practice rather than banned, might change his tone for the better. It couldn't really get worse.

This is a strategy to control the messaging, employ a few of the old buddies (1 anyway), and not embrace the services such as Rivals and 247, because Plati hates those services. There's historical records of that.
You're talking like Kiszla cares! If Cu went 13-0. He would find a way to write negatively. He always has, no matter what! He should be banned!

I liked that HCMT reminded the media that he has been HC in the NFL so it's not like this is his first rodeo with organizing practices and coordinating the coaches out there. Something that I do think got lost on a lot of people with this hire is that there isn't that learning curve with that.

I wonder what other top programs do. Does U of Oregon, USC, UCLA open their practices to the media? Anyone have an idea?

Yes, but only to children of media members posing as media members. And I believe the fee is somewhere in the neighborhood of $25-50k per practice.

I liked that HCMT reminded the media that he has been HC in the NFL so it's not like this is his first rodeo with organizing practices and coordinating the coaches out there. Something that I do think got lost on a lot of people with this hire is that there isn't that learning curve with that.

That was a stupid question for two reasons, 1) It started with "Vance Joseph" and 2) whether trying to or not, he asked the new head coach if he was unorganized. Like how in the hell do you spend months getting ready for something, and then not know what you plan to do? Surprising that Vance had two forgettable years at the helm. I expect and hope that MT will be much more competent than VJ proved (not) to be.

I wonder what other top programs do. Does U of Oregon, USC, UCLA open their practices to the media? Anyone have an idea?

I don't know about our conference foes but the land thieves have closed practices for years now. Fans usually grumble a bunch this time of year and then quickly forget once the season starts.

Based off Woelk's article it appears the early starters at certain positions are

OL: Sherman, Kutsch, Pursell, Lynott, Shutack
TE: Russell and Harris

DL: Lang, Sami, Johnson
Safety: Lewis and Rakestraw

Based off Woelk's article it appears the early starters at certain positions are

OL: Sherman, Kutsch, Pursell, Lynott, Shutack
TE: Russell and Harris

DL: Lang, Sami, Johnson
Safety: Lewis and Rakestraw
tenor.gif

Yeah I'd be shocked if that's the way it shakes out. I'm sure Hambright will he one as well as Fillip
I actually forgot Moretti wasn't participating this spring so I calmed down a little. Mostly interested in 1) how much time is Lynott getting at center either in backup duty or to push Pursell 2) How much time Sherman spends in the guard rotation and 3) How Ray and Roddick start to push at guard.

I actually forgot Moretti wasn't participating this spring so I calmed down a little. Mostly interested in 1) how much time is Lynott getting at center either in backup duty or to push Pursell 2) How much time Sherman spends in the guard rotation and 3) How Ray and Roddick start to push at guard.
Thought I saw moretti in the pictures in a normal black jersey with his helmet?

FWIW from Howells update with Drew Wilson 3/15
OL Jake Moretti, So.: "He's limited, but he is lifting. A lot of upper body stuff. He's positive. Great spirits for all the (stuff) he's been through with the surgeries, but he's working his tail off."

Jake had surgery Jan 4, related to the chronic problem, but not a lot of information exists.

Back