What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

Don't redshirt anyone who can help you win this year.

If an upperclassman can't help you win, make sure he plays enough to move him out in 4 years instead of redshirting him.

It's actually pretty simple.

Regarding 2020 with our TEs, it's about going in with Poplawski and Russell while seeing how many snaps the young guys who come in will be able to earn away from them.
But Jones has only been on campus for 1 year, not 4.

Dude, it was established when he actually got here and practiced last year, that the potential wasn't there. He's a stiff. We saw good things on film, but what was on his film is all he can do. No fluidity, poor route running, below average blocker, Can't bend to make tough catches. He's a stiff.

Several fundamental things “wrong” with Jones. Move on.

How do you fix effort, football IQ, stiff hips and inability to catch ball below his waist?

I'll stop beating the horse, but nearly all of those things are "coachable". Not sure anyone here can state 100% that Jones doesn't have effort to get better under the right coach.

I'll stop beating the horse, but nearly all of those things are "coachable". Not sure anyone here can state 100% that Jones doesn't have effort to get better under the right coach.
Everyone can get "better" under the right coach. Question is how much better and how long will it take.

Not just about Jones but about all the guys on the roster who are 2-3 years into their eligibility. If they are going to make that jump it better happen in spring ball, fall camp at the latest. If he is talented enough to become special it will be obvious and they can contribute this season. The odds of giving them a RS season and having a big jump are somewhere between slim and none.

Our talent level at TE and most other positions is not high enough that a guy who isn't contributing significantly this year is going to be who we want to to spend a year of scholly on saving for next year.

Wait. How do you fix stiff hips and inability to catch ball below waist?

11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Healthy Kids Day (for kids 8th grade and under) presented by Children's Hospital Colorado (Indoor Practice Facility)
Skills and fitness stations run by CU student-athletes
Activities and games from Children’s Hospital Colorado
Inflatable games provided by Rocky Mountain Day Camp
Football Alumni Autograph Session (Indoor Practice Facility)

12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Spring Game (Folsom Field)
Full scrimmage between teams

2 p.m.
Selfie session with football student-athletes and coaches (Folsom Field)

Can we really play a normal game effectively? I only say this because there are only 8 Defensive Linemen total on the roster right now, and Sami does not need to play a ton of snaps yet on his knee.

Seems like it would be smart to play the first half normal with a running clock, then play the second half as only Offense versus Defense in specific situations, starting positions, and timing.

Can we really play a normal game effectively? I only say this because there are only 8 Defensive Linemen total on the roster right now, and Sami does not need to play a ton of snaps yet on his knee.

Seems like it would be smart to play the first half normal with a running clock, then play the second half as only Offense versus Defense in specific situations, starting positions, and timing.
Macintyre would have canceled the whole spring day with what you just said above.

Yes he would have! I almost expect Tucker and Brumbaugh to fill in on DL for the game! FCMM interview at Ole Miss spring game was lifeless! He is eating humble pie (with 7 large in his pocket)
His quote in the recent Athletic article said he is enjoying getting his fingers dirty as an assistant. I guess money is pretty filthy.

account-money-hands-10556674.jpg

"I've told these guys every day, day in and day out, if you're physical and you'll run and you'll hit, then you'll probably find a way on the football field," Tucker said. "If you don't, no matter how talented you are, if you won't hit, if you're not physical, then you will not play. That's just our program. There's only one way to play the game of football. That's all-out physical football."

"We won't put anyone on the field that's not going to play physical football, because you can't play football like that," he said. "I've told these guys every day, 'If you're physical and you'll run and you'll hit, you'll probably find a way on the football field. If you don't, no matter how talented you are, if you won't hit, if you're not physical, then you will not play.' That's just our program.

"There's only one way to play the game of football and that's just all-out, physical football."

Tucker was pleased with the physicality of Wednesday's practice — at least in the early going.

"We weren't as physical towards the end, so we need to work on our conditioning and our mental disposition at the end of practice to strain and finish, but I thought we made progress today in terms of being physical," he said.

"We won't put anyone on the field that's not going to play physical football, because you can't play football like that," he said. "I've told these guys every day, 'If you're physical and you'll run and you'll hit, you'll probably find a way on the football field. If you don't, no matter how talented you are, if you won't hit, if you're not physical, then you will not play.' That's just our program.

"There's only one way to play the game of football and that's just all-out, physical football."

Tucker was pleased with the physicality of Wednesday's practice — at least in the early going.

"We weren't as physical towards the end, so we need to work on our conditioning and our mental disposition at the end of practice to strain and finish, but I thought we made progress today in terms of being physical," he said.

I get the sense teams won't be looking forward to coming to Boulder during Tucker's tenure.

Yep, it will be fun to be the team that others do not look forward to playing because you know you are going to need the ice bath for an extended period of time and it will be hard to get out of bed on Sunday because you are so damn sore. I cannot wait to be the bruisers of the Pac. It will not happen in 1 year but we will see a change start this year and 3 years in, this team will be completely transformed in style and reputation.

That last clip didn’t go so well for our starting NT...

Sami is going to have a sharp learning curve but he's going to be fine. He got beat on leverage something that can be fixed.

Good to see an OL who is strong enough to battle a legit 300lb DL.

Back