What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official vs Arizona Score Prediction Thread

Tate's game by game stat line

Week 1: Hawaii - L (45-38) - 56% 361 yards 3TDs 2 INTs, 13 rush 108 yards
Week 2: NAU - W (65-41) - 82% 138 yards 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 2 rush 1 yard, 1 TD
Week 3: TTU - W (28-14) - 61% 185 yards 1 TD, 2 INTs, 17 rush 129 yards, 1 TD

Pretty up and down as both a passer and runner, although we obviously know he has elite running ability. Feels like it depends on how Sumlin decides to use him from game to game.
It looks like he rushes ~15 attempts per game in games that matter.

I watched the TTU game this morning carefully. Tate is able to run the ball more than he does, and I don't think it's a Sumlin thing that holds him back, it's a Tate thing. He is still desperate to prove that he's an NFL QB. He's not. He's atrociously inaccurate and he just makes dumb throws. He threw two picks in that game but had 2-3 others just dropped. With that said, both teams looked pretty bad to me. Arizona is better when they run the ball, as they have several good RBs and Tate to run it. If they ever decide to just run zone read and mix in some minor RPOs, they'd be tough to defend. But Tate throwing from the pocket is a recipe for a L. He will make some beautiful throws and look like an NFL passer, and then he just comes up with some gaffs.

CU by 14

I watched the TTU game this morning carefully. Tate is able to run the ball more than he does, and I don't think it's a Sumlin thing that holds him back, it's a Tate thing. He is still desperate to prove that he's an NFL QB. He's not. He's atrociously inaccurate and he just makes dumb throws. He threw two picks in that game but had 2-3 others just dropped. With that said, both teams looked pretty bad to me. Arizona is better when they run the ball, as they have several good RBs and Tate to run it. If they ever decide to just run zone read and mix in some minor RPOs, they'd be tough to defend. But Tate throwing from the pocket is a recipe for a L. He will make some beautiful throws and look like an NFL passer, and then he just comes up with some gaffs.

CU by 14
Whoa, for a minute I thought you were talking about Montez and CU's offense.

Mighty Golden Buffaloes 45
Mildcats 17

We're due for a major asskicking at home. G-B-G all the way, boys!

Is Tate really that much different of a QB than Martinez? We figured out a way to slow down that offense, I obviously don't think we can stop Tate, just slow him down and don't give up the huge runs when pass plays are busted. If we get Mustafa back in the middle I think that will make the difference in slowing him down or not..JMHO

Buffs 35
pussycats 31

Is Tate really that much different of a QB than Martinez? We figured out a way to slow down that offense, I obviously don't think we can stop Tate, just slow him down and don't give up the huge runs when pass plays are busted. If we get Mustafa back in the middle I think that will make the difference in slowing him down or not..JMHO

Buffs 35
*****cats 31
I think they are both pretty mediocre to below average as passers and Tate is probably the better runner, but not by a huge margin. Definitely helps having played three of our first four games against athletic QBs.

Buffs 35
*****cats 31

Biggest difference is that Tate has never lost to Colorado. Martinez OTOH... well...

I think our barely-existent pass rush recently is because the rushers are being coached to stay in their lanes and contain the QB rather than make moves that give him a running lane.

Buffs 35
*****cats 31
One is a third-year starter, the other has about 3 or 4 games under his belt.

I think our barely-existent pass rush recently is because the rushers are being coached to stay in their lanes and contain the QB rather than make moves that give him a running lane.

That's interesting. Daniels looks like he is going to be just as effective as Tate as a rushing QB and he did nothing on the ground against us. Wonder if our sudden ability to rush the passer at the end of the game is because the coaching staff turned our guys loose

That's interesting. Daniels looks like he is going to be just as effective as Tate as a rushing QB and he did nothing on the ground against us. Wonder if our sudden ability to rush the passer at the end of the game is because the coaching staff turned our guys loose

Taylor basically said as much before the Nebraska game--"we want Martinez throwing the ball" or words to that effect.

Back