What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Washington State Game Thread (10/21, 8:45 on ESPN)

I'll have so much free time for other activities, that it's like they're not even playing on Saturday! Yay, Pac 12 football!

Pac12 is killing us old Dudes one Saturday at a time. It is great having time to do all kinds of activities before the game, but dang.

Some real die-hard fans in here. Take your Metamucil and head to bed, then.

It's crazy. A ton of complaints there's no national coverage, now we are on ESPN and it's too late in the evening?
giphy.gif

They have got to stop this garbage. Who the hell is watching football at 10:45 in the east?
I will be. In fact there are even watch parties that happen at bars along the East Coast. Why is everyone here always in need of a nap? (UBL pending...)

I will be. In fact there are even watch parties that happen at bars along the East Coast. Why is everyone here always in need of a nap? (UBL pending...)
guess the game ends about the time they turn the lights on for closing time.

It's crazy. A ton of complaints there's no national coverage, now we are on ESPN and it's too late in the evening?
giphy.gif
Doesn't it feel like the Pac 12 is being fed the crumbs at the kid's table, though? We complain about not getting the exposure, so the adults just give us a pat on the head, throw us in the late night time slot and tell us, "beggars can't be choosers".

giphy.gif

Right, that National coverage when the game ends at 2am will pay huge dividends!

Die hard? Yes I am, and going to the game, next.....

Doesn't it feel like the Pac 12 is being fed the crumbs at the kid's table, though? We complain about not getting the exposure, so the adults just give us a pat on the head, throw us in the late night time slot and tell us, "beggars can't be choosers".
The game is kicking off at 7:30 PST for a game in Pullman. How is this unreasonable??

Right, that National coverage when the game ends at 2am will pay huge dividends!

Die hard? Yes I am, and going to the game, next.....
That's awesome, enjoy. You will see the opening kickoff at 7:45p locally, about the time most people head to the movies. What is the issue?

That's awesome, enjoy. You will see the opening kickoff at 7:45p locally, about the time most people head to the movies. What is the issue?

I like day games? I like going to games where I don't have to wear a snowmobile suit to be comfortable?

I'm just being a jerk and yearning for fall afternoon football.

When you guys head to a Rockies game at 7p or a Broncos Sunday night game do you sit and complain about the time then as well? I am genuinely not sure where the angst is coming from on this.

I am personally fine with it, as I have no problem staying up late. It is a major problem for the conference, however, and just reinforces the fact that the Pac 12 is a second tier football conference.
How so? Any household (HS recruit) in California that turns their TV to ESPN during primetime on the 21st will see The University of Colorado. Where's the problem?

How so? Any household (HS recruit) in California that turns their TV to ESPN during primetime on the 21st will see The University of Colorado. Where's the problem?
This is a short sighted view of the situation. There are a lot of threads that address the issues the Pac is facing. This is only one of them.
When you guys head to a Rockies game at 7p or a Broncos Sunday night game do you sit and complain about the time then as well? I am genuinely not sure where the angst is coming from on this.
A Broncos Sunday Night game that kicks off at 630 MT? Did I miss something? We are discussing this CU game that kicks off at close to 9 pm MT. Where's the comparison? There is also a fairly large difference in the media $$ in the NFL and the how the $$ is distributed in college. There's a reason the SEC and Big 10 are blowing everybody out of the water.

This is a short sighted view of the situation. There are a lot of threads that address the issues the Pac is facing. This is only one of them.

A Broncos Sunday Night game that kicks off at 630 MT? Did I miss something? We are discussing this CU game that kicks off at close to 9 pm MT. Where's the comparison? There is also a fairly large difference in the media $$ in the NFL and the how the $$ is distributed in college. There's a reason the SEC and Big 10 are blowing everybody out of the water.
Not shortsighted, I just believe that the networks have done far more due diligence than you or I. If they thought that a bunch of west coast teams playing each other in the middle of the day would outperform other conferences, they would absolutely book them. Face it, it makes way more sense in every way possible to have west coast teams play during primetime in their local markets, while also filling the late spots for the East Coast. How else would you structure it?

Back