What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Washington State Game Thread (10/21, 8:45 on ESPN)

It is now clear that Montez has a fragile ego. Many lines of evidence. Good last year as backup...didn’t have anything to lose. Cockiness coming into season...a mechanism for making up for lack of self-confidence. A have fun approach to practice and games...means taught by sports shrinks to manage constant self-examination. Wilting under expectations when he has responsibility for team.

Probably best thing for him is to come in as reserve next week. Will lead to loss, but will take the pressure off of the QB we need next year.
Thanks Dr. Phil.

Little doubt in my mind he was the glue.....was HOPING MM would get hired away and Leavitt would be promoted. Alas, we are stuck with Mike Riley V2 for a few years.
I bet the backup quarterback is your favorite player on the team too...

Or after tonight maybe the reashirt or walk-on QB...

Or maybe Sefo, Lindsey, Chido, Thompson, Gillam, KO, and others were a fantastic group. Placing all success to JL and all failure on MM is bull****. JL I think is better than Eliot, but players.deserve an equal amount of criticism.

It is now clear that Montez has a fragile ego. Many lines of evidence. Good last year as backup...didn’t have anything to lose. Cockiness coming into season...a mechanism for making up for lack of self-confidence. A have fun approach to practice and games...means taught by sports shrinks to manage constant self-examination. Wilting under expectations when he has responsibility for team.

Probably best thing for him is to come in as reserve next week. Will lead to loss, but will take the pressure off of the QB we need next year.

He may have a fragile Ego, but he has also lost total confidence in his play caller. No way he needs to sit next week. I think he will grow up quickly this week, but if his OL cannot block anyone, and if the play design and calls are crappy, then he will not succeed as a QB in that system. The OC must make the offense as friendly to his starting QB's skills, period!!! Lindgren has officially starting to make me bitter about my beloved Buffs. He is at the same point that I was with Hawkins. Total ineptness is obvious to spot and call BS on.
I personally support Montez and want him to have a good week!!!

They lost the fifth ranked QB in the country the last 4 games...who led an offense that was near the top in FBS. They are playing a true frosh who is averaging less than 100 YPG the last three weeks. Their offense is horrid right now. Despite that, tHey were number 22 in the nation in run defense and number 44 overall. We would have given up 80 to Arizona and 50 to OSU if our offense doesn't hold the ball for 18 play drives. Oregon defense has improved dramatically. Get real.

So Oregon's defense is the worst in the conference because their offense is bad? FWIW, Oregon's offense has scored exactly as many points in conference play as our offense. Back when they had your man at QB they gave up 35 to that offensive juggernaut Nebraska at home. That same Nebraska team managed a measly 17 the very next week at home against Northern Illinois. Come with facts and analysis, not biased bull**** punctuated with "get real." ****ing imbecile.

Our defense sucks because our recruiting has been ass. Your man Leavitt shares some responsibility for that too.

So Oregon's defense is the worst in the conference because their offense is bad? FWIW, Oregon's offense has scored exactly as many points in conference play as our offense. Back when they had your man at QB they gave up 35 to that offensive juggernaut Nebraska at home. That same Nebraska team managed a measly 17 the very next week at home against Northern Illinois. Come with facts and analysis, not biased bull**** punctuated with "get real." ****ing imbecile.

Our defense sucks because our recruiting has been ass. Your man Leavitt shares some responsibility for that too.

Leavitt inherited the nations 125th D in yards allowed. In less than a year they are now 36th. Even after changing from a 4-3 to a 3-4 without 3-4 personnel. My god!

If you have two qbs, you really have no qbs.

I’m on board with starting Noyer. Montez isn’t great. We’re going on almost 2 decades of average to below average qb recruiting. Was hoping we’d fall into something by now. No such luck. Tate from UA shows you just how fast a good player under center can galvanize a team and flip a programs fortune.

Well that was ugly...Interesting how CU can look soooo bad at in games. There are other teams that haven't recruited well and are still able to compete

That's the first time, good or horrible, that I've turned a CU game off. I'd had enough of that ****show. To show up as unprepared as they were was flat ridiculous and it's not like they didn't have chances to make this game different. Dropping a pick six and another few picks was a joke. We should've had 20+ points easy in the first half. Do that, they win that game easy. Do it not, you see what happened last night.

Your continued psychoanalysis of players and coaches is ****ing stupid. Just stop.

He may have a fragile Ego, but he has also lost total confidence in his play caller. No way he needs to sit next week. I think he will grow up quickly this week, but if his OL cannot block anyone, and if the play design and calls are crappy, then he will not succeed as a QB in that system. The OC must make the offense as friendly to his starting QB's skills, period!!! Lindgren has officially starting to make me bitter about my beloved Buffs. He is at the same point that I was with Hawkins. Total ineptness is obvious to spot and call BS on.
I personally support Montez and want him to have a good week!!!
It's visible in everything Montez does now good or bad, he doesn't want to mess up and it's turned his head in to scrambled eggs and I doubt he's having any fun playing. The play calling is so redundant my cat's calling them, the OL doesn't have a clue how to pass block and barely knows how to run block. Sefo ate a lot of grass taking big hit after big hit because he stayed in the pocket and we all loved him because he did. Because he did he cloaked many of the inadequacies of the OL coaching. He got so good at it by his 4th yr we didn't notice so much but in the process he paid a very high price. I still believe Montez is talented enough to start he's done enough to show he can play, he's just about where Sefo was his Soph. year complete with a crappy OL.

I watched the first half and was completely dissolutioned by what I saw so shut it down. The team, for the most part, has lost interest. HCMM sideline demeanor is an embarrassment and Rick George needs to address it. The wheels have come off and unless leadership emerges, this could spiral badly.

Despite the topsy turvy PAC12 this year, I can't see another win on the schedule.

It's visible in everything Montez does now good or bad, he doesn't want to mess up and it's turned his head in to scrambled eggs and I doubt he's having any fun playing. The play calling is so redundant my cat's calling them, the OL doesn't have a clue how to pass block and barely knows how to run block. Sefo ate a lot of grass taking big hit after big hit because he stayed in the pocket and we all loved him because he did. Because he did he cloaked many of the inadequacies of the OL coaching. He got so good at it by his 4th yr we didn't notice so much but in the process he paid a very high price. I still believe Montez is talented enough to start he's done enough to show he can play, he's just about where Sefo was his Soph. year complete with a crappy OL.
Well, he's definitely thinking too damn much, that's obvious.

Well, he's definitely thinking too damn much, that's obvious.
That's exactly what's happening IMO. If you've ever coached there are signs you see in some players where they get so caught up trying not to screw up they become mechanical in thought pattern. Once that happens you really have to work with them to break the cycle.

Lytle may have a real shot at starting next year. That is not a good thing. We needed Montez to be the guy.
Play the best guy period. We don’t anybody but the best guy to be it regardless of who it is. This not playing freshman mentality is just dumb and will cost us our future recruiting potential and this season. We have freshman on the bench at many positions that are better than what’s on the field.

Let's see how he responds, not an easy thing.
MM by opening the competition up this late in the season has got bad written all over it. I get a player can have a bad game, how the player and the coach deal with it after the fact says everything about them as an individual.

Lynott straight up sucks at center. Can't they move someone else to center and keep him at guard?
Because he is the only OL not named Irwin who would play at any other P12 school. Who you gonna put in, one of MikMac's projects? Good luck with that.

Back