What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Washington State Game Thread (10/21, 8:45 on ESPN)

Feel like we are grasping. Conditions will be the same for both teams.
Buffs need to come out angry and ready to play. Hopefully our coaches have them prepared and a game plan in place. PLyndsay needs to be ready to be the work horse again, no matter the conditions.

I think the rain benefits Wazzu.

The equalizer is Montez making plays with his feet and Lindsay having a good game

Saying the weather at Wazzu is going to bother the Cougs is like an opponent coming to Boulder and saying how difficult it's going to be for the Buffs to play at altitude.

airbnb
Well...there are only a handful of hotels in this "Pullman" village. A friend and I are roadtripping from Portland, so if anyone knows of a good place (hotel or just general town en route back to Portland) to crash hit me up! We aint spending over $284 a night in some podunk hotel that probably has a cow for a neighbor...

Unlike most of the games this year, I have no idea where the decisive factors are in this game. Completely opaque to me what is gonna happen or how. Pac 12 after dark, indeed. Nothing would shock me.

For reasons I cannot really explain, I have liked our chances in this game for awhile. But yeah, nothing would totally surprise me.

Saying the weather at Wazzu is going to bother the Cougs is like an opponent coming to Boulder and saying how difficult it's going to be for the Buffs to play at altitude.
Eh, not quite. It sucks throwing the ball in the wind and rain, regardless of whether or not a team might sometimes practice in it (more like walk to class in it). The altitude is actually something our player physically adapt to just be living here.

Eh, not quite. It sucks throwing the ball in the wind and rain, regardless of whether or not a team might sometimes practice in it (more like walk to class in it). The altitude is actually something our player physically adapt to just be living here.

The point is that the weather isn't going to bother them and if we win, rain will have nothing to do with it. I'm sure Falk has thrown in wind and rain before.

The point is that the weather isn't going to bother them and if we win, rain will have nothing to do with it. I'm sure Falk has thrown in wind and rain before.
We can agree to disagree. Nobody practices in the elements anymore, so just like I think it's stupid for us to think we are better prepared to play in the cold and snow, I think it's stupid to say WSU won't be bothered by the wind and rain. They are a high volume passing team and it's much harder to pass in the elements, than it is to pass in clean weather.

I don't really know how anyone can look at the weather and not see that as a benefit for our defense going against an air raid attack. I am definitely not saying our defensive will magically shut them down, but just because Falk has "thrown in the rain and wind before" doesn't mean it is helpful for their offense to play in the rain and wind.

I feel that if the Buffs can score more points than Wazzu, they have a very good chance of coming away with W.
Dan Reeves is alive and well and posting on Allbuffs!!! Welcome!

This game will come down to the same thing the last four games have come down to: our ability (or inability) to defend. The defense will need more than one or two stops for the entire game. And they can't go a complete half without stopping WSU once.

I have my doubts.

Dan Reeves is alive and well and posting on Allbuffs!!! Welcome!

This game will come down to the same thing the last four games have come down to: our ability (or inability) to defend. The defense will need more than one or two stops for the entire game. And they can't go a complete half without stopping WSU once.

I have my doubts.

But...the rain. It's suddenly going to make our defense good.

We can agree to disagree. Nobody practices in the elements anymore, so just like I think it's stupid for us to think we are better prepared to play in the cold and snow, I think it's stupid to say WSU won't be bothered by the wind and rain. They are a high volume passing team and it's much harder to pass in the elements, than it is to pass in clean weather.

Yes, that whole half an inch of rain they're expecting is really going to make it difficult for them.

But...the rain. It's suddenly going to make our defense good.
exactly...doesn't the slick field benefit the offense? They know the cut or move they are making vs defense responding. BTW - we discussed this before the last wet game we played in and there was not a single turnover??

Lol come on. Nobody is saying that. All that I’m saying is that it’s more difficult to throw the ball in the wind and rain than it is when it’s not windy and raining. I don’t get why that’s some kind of controversial take.
Relax Nancy, I'm kidding.

Just wanted to point out that Pullman is in Eastern Washington, which is much more like the eastern plains of CO than it is Seattle. Frankly, there's probably very little difference between their climate and ours, with the possibility of rain being actually more common here, tbh.

The wind conditions are going to probably make for the crappiest part of the night for both teams. If it's legitimately in the steady 20-25 mph range, with gusts up to 45, then forget about the long passes, and the kicking game is going to be kind of **** too.

I'm not going to predict who it helps more, though. We might be able to do better at running straight ahead, but I don't doubt that Wazzu will be able to still complete the quick "extended run" passes a decent amount, which means we won't be able to pack the box. On the flip side, if Montez can't throw that intermediate out or much down the field, WSU will be able to load up, make Phil's life miserable, and also kill the quick slant (which we have apparently given up on anyway).

Yep I'm more worried about the wind than rain, especially if it's the gusty type. Then passing and all special teams will be in question. Punt return will really be worrisome.

Just wanted to point out that Pullman is in Eastern Washington, which is much more like the eastern plains of CO than it is Seattle. Frankly, there's probably very little difference between their climate and ours, with the possibility of rain being actually more common here, tbh.

The wind conditions are going to probably make for the crappiest part of the night for both teams. If it's legitimately in the steady 20-25 mph range, with gusts up to 45, then forget about the long passes, and the kicking game is going to be kind of **** too.

I'm not going to predict who it helps more, though. We might be able to do better at running straight ahead, but I don't doubt that Wazzu will be able to still complete the quick "extended run" passes a decent amount, which means we won't be able to pack the box. On the flip side, if Montez can't throw that intermediate out or much down the field, WSU will be able to load up, make Phil's life miserable, and also kill the quick slant (which we have apparently given up on anyway).

Didn't Bobo score at least once on a slant last weekend?

Who benefits from the weather ? Who knows, but the cougs are at home, our defense is mediocre , false hope after beating the worst team in pac 12 in the last minute.

Our group heading up early, hope the rain holds off but not likely. Wife got some sweet CU beanies, hope I don't get mistaken for brad pitt.....

Who benefits from the weather ? Who knows, but the cougs are at home, our defense is mediocre , false hope after beating the worst team in pac 12 in the last minute.

Our group heading up early, hope the rain holds off but not likely. Wife got some sweet CU beanies, hope I don't get mistaken for brad pitt.....
Or ditch the wife and hope you do.

Back