What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Officially off the Macintyre bandwagon

I think that winning at Stanford last year was drastically underrated. People didn't realize how good they were because they didn't realize how good UW and WSU were. Those game and the Buffs were their only losses all season. And that's a program that had abused the Buffs every meeting before that.

The clobbering ASU in 2016 was stunning.

Also agree on the Stanford win. Although the FG kicking was stunning in the wrong way.

Maybe this should be in Barzil, not sure and if so a mod can delete or edit this post. But I firmly believe had the Tumpkin situation been handled differently at the highest levels on down, CU wins 8 games and building momentum heading into 2018. Not earth shattering news I know, but I do believe that situation was a poison pill that has slowly ate away at this program, and it continues to do so. Finger pointing, scapegoating and fines aside, I think that really effected HCMM on a very personal level. That type of situation makes you questions human nature and your ability to identify good honest people. I think HCMM's core was shaken by it and it has showed this season. This is of course, is just my opinion, but HCMM has been a changed man this year.

Completely agree with you. PD should have been the lone fall guy in the situation and should have been fired. Not saying that there was not blame to go around, but the way it was handled led to MM losing confidence in those above him who are his main support. How would most of us handle the situation if you had done what was laid out in policy and were still held up as a scapegoat? If they had mandated training for all and put the blame elsewhere, the discussion would probably be much different right now.

It is time for him to go and for CU to move on to the next coaching staff. I am thankful for what he did in building an organization that operates in a professional manner and took the dumpster fire that was this program and getting it competitive again. We should all be thankful for what he has done for this program.

The clobbering ASU in 2016 was stunning.

Also agree on the Stanford win. Although the FG kicking was stunning in the wrong way.
Fighting through that kicking and overcoming it raises that game and my opinion of the players on the 2016 team. Road wins are hard. Beating Stanford is hard. They got it done in spite of the fact that kickers were causing what counts as a successful drive against them to come up empty. Gutsy win.

Who gives a **** about “stunning upsets”? The entire 2016 season was a stunning upset. I had CSU fans on my timeline every single week saying, “well CU will lose next week, next week they finally play a real team.” Yet we managed to scrap out a win every single week. It was an amazing season and it’s really ****ing offensive to the players and staff to suggest it wasn’t anything because “even Dan Hawkins managed a stunning upset!!11one!!1”

MM probably isn’t a guy who can replicate it for us, at least not without a few massive staff changes. He doesn’t seem to recruit well enough and he seems to be checked out for a variety of reasons. Hate on him and hope for a better hire all you want but don’t you dare try to poo poo on a magical 2016 season.

Who gives a **** about “stunning upsets”? The entire 2016 season was a stunning upset. I had CSU fans on my timeline every single week saying, “well CU will lose next week, next week they finally play a real team.” Yet we managed to scrap out a win every single week. It was an amazing season and it’s really ****ing offensive to the players and staff to suggest it wasn’t anything because “even Dan Hawkins managed a stunning upset!!11one!!1”

MM probably isn’t a guy who can replicate it for us, at least not without a few massive staff changes. He doesn’t seem to recruit well enough and he seems to be checked out for a variety of reasons. Hate on him and hope for a better hire all you want but don’t you dare try to poo poo on a magical 2016 season.
2016 isn't a season that gets replicated. It was a unicorn.

You go crazy enjoying a season like that if you're lucky enough to have it happen and then you cherish it forever.

As a program, it's vital that you use a season like that to raise yourself a talent level so that winning in the future doesn't take a unicorn season. My main frustration right now is that I don't believe the program capitalized as well as it should have.

You go crazy enjoying a season like that if you're lucky enough to have it happen and then you cherish it forever.

As a program, it's vital that you use a season like that to raise yourself a talent level so that winning in the future doesn't take a unicorn season. My main frustration right now is that I don't believe the program capitalized as well as it should have.
Agreed. Heck even CU video had their best moments last year with The Rise. I also agree that the momentum from 16' was squandered a bit. Can't have nice things and all that.

There is no doubt of this. Also we didn't capitalize on the new facilities as well as I hoped. Everyone is building new facilities and we didn't get as much out of that 1-2 year window as we could have. If we did capitalize on it the best we could, then other areas certainly were lacking. A shame.

There is no doubt of this. Also we didn't capitalize on the new facilities as well as I hoped. Everyone is building new facilities and we didn't get as much out of that 1-2 year window as we could have. If we did capitalize on it the best we could, then other areas certainly were lacking. A shame.
This is where Oregon has the leg up on a lot of competition is they constantly are upgrading. They get it. Every off season they add something newer, cleaner, cooler. Of course Phil Knight will die eventually and the money will dry up assuming he doesn't leave a couple billion to the athletic department. But right now, they own the arms race of facilities. It's the Ath Depts mission to ensure that everyone else is outdated compared to them even after you just spend over 100 million the previous offseason. Guess we can all hope they buy IKEA upgrades and they collapse and fall apart.

Wouldn’t it be better to be good enough that ‘stunning upsets’ never happen? Theoretically of course. Practically we are in a position where stunning upsets should be an indication of program improvement. And after a few upsets in 2016 (after 2-3 of them the remainder were no longer upsets) I’m not sure even Washington and OK state would have been considered stunning, had we won. Instead they were rather stunning setbacks, at least to Buff fans.

If CU loses today (which I think they will, most likely in spectacular fashion) I will be off the bandwagon as well. Outside of Leavitt and Chiaverini it's becoming clear Mac can't hire worth a damn.

I don't think anyone would hold negative feelings toward Jay if his dad left and I'd personally rather see him stick around and finish his college career here.
JMac has been an exemplary buff. This team’s chemistry would suggest there isn’t a big teammate bond and blood is thicker than water. I’d bet he’d go wherever his dad went.

JMac has been an exemplary buff. This team’s chemistry would suggest there isn’t a big teammate bond and blood is thicker than water. I’d bet he’d go wherever his dad went.
Transferring for one year sounds awful - news team, new city, new system, new coaches, leaving all your friends behind for one year - I just can't imagine wanting to do that unless it was to better position yourself for the next level, and with all due respect to Jay, that ain't happening. I think he stays.

Transferring for one year sounds awful - news team, new city, new system, new coaches, leaving all your friends behind for one year - I just can't imagine wanting to do that unless it was to better position yourself for the next level, and with all due respect to Jay, that ain't happening. I think he stays.
Yeah, Jay has no chance at the NFL, and he’s fully entrenched as a contributor in this offense. Why transfer for one year, to play for a different offensive coaching staff, play with all new players, and probably have to deal with some annoyed teammates that new coaches son is there competing for PT. Not a good choice for him.

I wonder if some criticize MM for recruiting and hiring to avoid admitting to themselves that his head coaching hasn't been all that good. He didn'r deserve the national coach of the year last year...but it wasn't his fault for taking it.

I think he is as good a man as you'll find in this dirty business. heck of a position coach. A good DC. We've seen his cap as HC, but he could probably become a little better through OJT.

With Boulder's anger toward football and the witch hunts we like to bring...could we do better?

I wonder if some criticize MM for recruiting and hiring to avoid admitting to themselves that his head coaching hasn't been all that good. He didn'r deserve the national coach of the year last year...but it wasn't his fault for taking it.

I think he is as good a man as you'll find in this dirty business. heck of a position coach. A good DC. We've seen his cap as HC, but he could probably become a little better through OJT.

With Boulder's anger toward football and the witch hunts we like to bring...could we do better?

Lol then who did?

Back