What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Officially off the Macintyre bandwagon

You're insane, might want to ask some of last years seniors who was the most important.

You saying MM deserves ALL the credit is laughable.

My point is that the HC always gets the blame for losing and they get the credit for winning.

I’m insane? You’re Syko.

Some of you were in the Leavitt camp. Fine. But I believe that's the problem in a nutshell: there shouldn't be camps. That chemistry wasn't going to remain stable for long and it was good that 2016 was the end of it. I guarantee that both MacIntyre and Leavitt are happy to have moved on. They'll both go on to success as coaches just like Ryan and Ditka did, just not together.

Well, I guess mission accomplished on that hire. I doubt you'd find a DJ Eliot camp anywhere.

Okay... after last night and given the tidbit I heard (second hand) regarding the team culture, I am ready to look for coach next.

I don't think I am one of those "what have you done for me lately" kind of guys. I like MM and am very thankful that he brought the team back to some semblance of respectability. But I am ready for a more consistent output on the field. I gotta tell ya, I have been wearing OU stuff. I haven't had OU stuff to wear in years. CU is almost ready to lose me to my alma mater, completely.

What tidbit? From the outside it feels like a culture problem.
Nothing I can specifically elaborate on, because I am the 4th hand, but the story gave me pause as to the general culture in the program. I think some of the athletes are not exactly happy with the culture. Now, whether that is drivin by the fact that they are a losing program or something else, I can't say. Just kind of increases my doubts for future success.

Okay... after last night and given the tidbit I heard (second hand) regarding the team culture, I am ready to look for coach next.

I don't think I am one of those "what have you done for me lately" kind of guys. I like MM and am very thankful that he brought the team back to some semblance of respectability. But I am ready for a more consistent output on the field. I gotta tell ya, I have been wearing OU stuff. I haven't had OU stuff to wear in years. CU is almost ready to lose me to my alma mater, completely.
Oh yeah you're a true fan. Whether you started as a fair weather OU fan or you maybe grew up a CU fan, you're a true fan for sure.

Oh yeah you're a true fan. Whether you started as a fair weather OU fan or you maybe grew up a CU fan, you're a true fan for sure.
CU is what I grew up with. CU is what I remember from my youth, my family. Sure it would have been easy to just choose OU exclusively... the only angst would be when you get in a big bowl game or something. But my heart has always been with CU. But I am about worn out.

I do enjoy watching Mayfield play... he has drawn me back to OU more than in the last 20 years.

CU is what I grew up with. CU is what I remember from my youth, my family. Sure it would have been easy to just choose OU exclusively... the only angst would be when you get in a big bowl game or something. But my heart has always been with CU. But I am about worn out.

I do enjoy watching Mayfield play... he has drawn me back to OU more than in the last 20 years.
Bye. And Mayfield is a douche bag. Johnny Football 2.0

I’m with you...born an Okie myself and if it wasn’t for my Dad taking me to CU home games in 1990, I’d still be just an OU fan. Given that I am done with the NFL, OU will take the place of the Broncos and I haven’t really rooted for the Sooners quite like 2000.

Like you, it’s awfully tempting to put OU over the Buffs too...I just can’t get myself to do it at this point. If the Buffs were getting blown out this season like 2011-2015, I’d probably be done too. Next season has a favorable schedule so I’m going with CU but if I’m not seeing improvement, I might just pull the plug on the Buffs early in the season.

Will put on my OU visor this week for sure. Only question I have for OU next season is QB. Will former Texas A&M QB Murray be the guy?

Back