What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OSU game fallout thread

Let's hypothetically say money is no problem for Rick George, who would you like to see CU go after if they fired Mac? And don't say Saban, I mean options that are realistic.

No more G5 head coaches! After Dan Hawkins and Mike MacIntyre, I think it's time to do something different such as a P5 head coach (if they are willing to come to Boulder) or a P5 coordinator.

Completely False. MM completed a solid rebuild of Colorado after the complete destruction of the program. Culminating in a PAC 12 South title and 10 win season.
However he is in incompetent when it comes to sustaining and taking an established program to the next level.

I agree MacIntyre did some good work here in Boulder such as getting CU to a competitive level in the Pac-12.

Completely False. MM completed a solid rebuild of Colorado after the complete destruction of the program. Culminating in a PAC 12 South title and 10 win season.
However he is in incompetent when it comes to sustaining and taking an established program to the next level.

Incompetent coaches are still capable of a break out year. 5 Losing seasons in 6 is a lot more telling

Incompetent coaches are still capable of a break out year. 5 Losing seasons in 6 is a lot more telling
You are completely disregarding where the program was when he inherited it. Losing seasons were absolutely expected when he took over. The program showed monumental improvement over the first two seasons and incremental improvement in season 3. With a breakout season on year 4.
Don’t go full retard like your brother. If you fail to see what he did when he got here, that is your problem. MM did a very solid job in years 1-4. Since then, he has shown an inability to take the next step.

Let's hypothetically say money is no problem for Rick George, who would you like to see CU go after if they fired Mac? And don't say Saban, I mean options that are realistic.
I would say Saban.

Not that I got that out of the way, in order of preference:
1. Matt Campbell;
2. Blake Anderson;
3. Neal Brown;
4. Jeff Tedford

I would say Saban.

Not that I got that out of the way, in order of preference:
1. Matt Campbell;
2. Blake Anderson;
3. Neal Brown;
4. Jeff Tedford

The list of G5 coaches I'd entertain is this-Tedford, Littrell, Norvell, Major Applewhite, and Blake Anderson. I want somebody who has experience in this conference or knows how to recruit the state of Texas if we're going that way again.

The list of G5 coaches I'd entertain is this-Tedford, Littrell, Norvell, Major Applewhite, and Blake Anderson. I want somebody who has experience in this conference or knows how to recruit the state of Texas if we're going that way again.
I would not roll the dice on Norvell. Howdy Doody and the Okie from Muskogee do not interest me. Not nearly enough HC time logged yet.

If we're spitballing, how's Sark's recovery going?

This was a culmination of 5.5 years of incompetence
You don't get from Kansas level of ineptitude to winning the South and at least competing for a bowl game if everything to that point has been incompetence. We all know you hate the guy, but give him credit for pulling the program out of the FCS/G5 level it was playing at during the Embree years and at least getting to them to a competent brand of football. That said, it's time to move on if he can't win at least 2 of the remaining 4.

You don't get from Kansas level of ineptitude to winning the South and at least competing for a bowl game if everything to that point has been incompetence. We all know you hate the guy, but give him credit for pulling the program out of the FCS/G5 level it was playing at during the Embree years and at least getting to them to a competent brand of football. That said, it's time to move on if he can't win at least 2 of the remaining 4.

He's a solid rebuild guy. But he's not the guy to take us to the next level. He's the guy that Kansas or Rutgers needs.

There's no formula for figuring out the right coaching hire. There have been hugely successful coaches hired as HC of a G5 program, coordinator of a P5 program, or HC from a P5 program. There have also been spectacular failures from each of those backgrounds. If RG makes a move, it will be all in on "In Rick George We Trust".

No way on Applewhite unless some former Buff gets to punch him for this.

No way on Applewhite unless some former Buff gets to punch him for this.

If he comes here and brings five star recruits from that state with him, idgaf about that. His buyout is pretty high though. One more comment about MM-he's done what he was brought here to do. When he got here, this was the worst team talentwise in the Power 5, and its definitely better now than it was when he showed up.

He's a solid rebuild guy. But he's not the guy to take us to the next level. He's the guy that Kansas or Rutgers needs.
Yep. He deserves a lot of thanks from CU fans, but it's clear that he's not even going to get us to the level of being an automatic bowl team each year. I think Duff said it, but with a MM-coached team, a bowl game will always be in doubt going into each season.

If he comes here and brings five star recruits from that state with him, idgaf about that. His buyout is pretty high though. One more comment about MM-he's done what he was brought here to do. When he got here, this was the worst team talentwise in the Power 5, and its definitely better now than it was when he showed up.
Still want to see Daniel Graham punch him for that.

Mike MacIntyre will be the coach here next year. As this season moves on, the pain of the OSU loss will fade. I believe there is a good chance that CU wins at least one of the remaining 4 games - AZ and Cal are the likely candidates. I suspect 6-6 and a low level bowl game. MacIntyre keeps his job and there are no staff changes - remember that not only does MM have a big buyout most of the assistants have multi year contracts. Even if they go 0-4 the rest of the way. I doubt he will be fired.

I have never been a MacIntyre fan, reasons I have stated before. I keep hearing from some that he has rebuilt the program - he has stabilized it but I would not say rebuilt. We are basically back to a Dan Hawkins type of performance, IMO. The PAC 12 South is not very strong after Utah and I don't know if they are world beaters. UCLA, AZ and ASU are all struggling at times with new coaches and USC is probably pretty average at the moment.

agree. If HCMM is back and especially with no staff changes I will be staying home next season. I also will not be paying Sling TV to watch these heartbreakers. I am getting to old to handle it,. I will go back to the days of the 80s where I listen on the radio if I have no other plans.

Back